Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Forest_Dump on March 13th, 2017, 10:16 am 

A couple of topics recently got me thinking about the logistics of hosting some kind of convention like the Trekkie or Comic Cons but geared towards consporacy theory types. And the potentil hurmour of the logistics keeps piling up for me. Has anything like this been done?

Contents/topics: Of course everything from all the anti- or alt-science to government conspiracies of every kind.

Where to have it? Washington or too obvious? I have to admit that as long as it is nowhere near where I live. Somewhere as far as possible from any flight paths (to avoid contrails) but I would want to rent jets, etc., to produce extra sinister contrails/chemtrails.

Concession stands: Obvious successful ones would include tinfoil, ridillin and antipsychotic drugs but definitely lots of surveillance and antisurveillance devices, wide-brim slouch hats and trench coats, gloves of various kinds. Refueling stations for surveillane drones (which might outnumber live patrons given how paranoid some of these people are and probably wouldn't physically attend but want to monitor from their Mom's basements).

Name Tags: Would there be any point? Or perhaps "Hi my Name is: NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS!"

Admission: My thinking is that it would have to be cash only because the only people who would use plastic would probably use fake credit/charge cards. Except for the real police/government types who might want to attend for theri own reasons (not a bad idea actually).

Decor? I would definitely have lots of cameras, microphones and blinking lights of all sizes and shapes. Probably somethng producing barely discernable sounds, clicks and hums, etc.

I think the variations could be endless.
User avatar
Forest_Dump
Resident Member
 
Posts: 8721
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Location: Great Lakes Region


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Braininvat on March 13th, 2017, 11:10 am 

I don't think there's any other choice on location: Roswell, New Mexico.
User avatar
Braininvat
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: 21 Jan 2014
Location: Black Hills


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Forest_Dump on March 13th, 2017, 11:16 am 

You think it would get on the UFO circuit?
User avatar
Forest_Dump
Resident Member
 
Posts: 8721
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Location: Great Lakes Region


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Athena on March 13th, 2017, 11:29 am 

Braininvat » March 13th, 2017, 9:10 am wrote:I don't think there's any other choice on location: Roswell, New Mexico.


Oh yes, that would be my first choice too. The date could be on the anniversary of "July 9, 1947 Roswell incident, an alleged alien spacecraft crash where remains where allegedly recovered.”


Here is information about the convention center. https://www.ufoinsight.com/the-great-go ... -own-good/

As we might expect they have these events in July

July
UFO Festival Guest Speakers
The International UFO Museum and Research Center brings out of this world UFOlogists, UFO enthusiasts and authors to the UFO Festival! The guest speakers present their topics and experiences in the exhibit hall and/or breakout rooms. A guest speaker panel commences in the evening which allows members of the audience to ask questions.

Alien Chase 5k/10k Run/Walk
Come join the fun at the Annual UFO Roswell Alien Chase 10k and 5k. Colorful t-shirts and awards for overall male/female in each of the 4 contested distances, as well as 1,2,3 in age groups 10 under through 70+. Sponsored by UFO Museum & Research Center/Roswell Runners Club/Roswell Recreation Department.


Or how about using the fair grounds? That is what the concession stands make me think of. Here is contact information for that.

http://www.citywideinformation.com/New% ... Ma83W_ysnQ
Last edited by Athena on March 13th, 2017, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athena
Banned User
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Location: Eugene, Oregon


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby SciameriKen on March 13th, 2017, 11:40 am 

Lol what true conspiracy nut would go to that? Nice try forest trying to round up all these guys for the government...!
User avatar
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, NY


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Athena on March 13th, 2017, 11:44 am 

SciameriKen » March 13th, 2017, 9:40 am wrote:Lol what true conspiracy nut would go to that? Nice try forest trying to round up all these guys for the government...!


"Paranoia will destroy ya."
Athena
Banned User
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Location: Eugene, Oregon


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby vivian maxine on March 13th, 2017, 11:45 am 

Braininvat » March 13th, 2017, 10:10 am wrote:I don't think there's any other choice on location: Roswell, New Mexico.


There is a sheriff down there than could make you sorry you even thought about it.
vivian maxine
Resident Member
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: 01 Aug 2014


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Athena on March 13th, 2017, 11:47 am 

vivian maxine » March 13th, 2017, 9:45 am wrote:
Braininvat » March 13th, 2017, 10:10 am wrote:I don't think there's any other choice on location: Roswell, New Mexico.


There is a sheriff down there than could make you sorry you even thought about it.


Nice to have that kind of information ahead of time. Give us his name and a picture and we will figure out a way to keep him distracted.
Athena
Banned User
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Location: Eugene, Oregon


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Forest_Dump on March 13th, 2017, 11:50 am 

SciameriKen wrote:Nice try forest trying to round up all these guys for the government...!


I have been called a NWO goon on this web site. Happened some years ago when I was an active mod. I still chuckle about how I played into it at the time. And I actually used to know a guy whose job was to listen to cell phone conversations for the government around target events like the G20 summit. Some of this stuff is kind of fun and funny.
User avatar
Forest_Dump
Resident Member
 
Posts: 8721
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Location: Great Lakes Region


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Forest_Dump on March 13th, 2017, 12:00 pm 

But this does raise the question of security needs. Would you need extra or woud that be redundant given the nature of the attendees? Obviously you would get a lot of paranoids who would be loath to attract any attention to themselves and so wouldn't even get into a debate. And it would be constantly live streamed onto the web by a number of guests with cameras, etc. concealed in their clothing, etc. And being such a venue no doubt there would be overt and covert police presense anyway although obviously bad PR to encourage that. But still I would have a couple of non-descript vans and panel trucks around just for ambiance.
User avatar
Forest_Dump
Resident Member
 
Posts: 8721
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Location: Great Lakes Region


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Braininvat on March 13th, 2017, 12:06 pm 

non-descript vans and panel trucks around just for ambiance.


Hehe.

I always imagine these guys sitting in cubicles at the NSA, listening to cellphone conversations like:

So, you are getting milk, right?

Yes, yes. And that's all I'm getting.

Yes. 2% milk.

I know 2%, that's what we always get.

You got whole milk last time. And I had to drink all of it, because you said it gives you heartburn!

Your brother was visiting. I got the whole milk for him. And I thought you could drink whole milk, and I thought we still had half a gallon of 2 percent left, so it made sense at the time.

Whatever. I don't see why you couldn't get a loaf of bread, too, as long as you're in there.

Fine. OK. Milk, and bread.

Whole wheat bread. Not that white air-bread you got last time.

(etc.)


What do they think someone is going to say on the phone? "Oh, and on your way back, don't forget we are implementing part D of the plan to subvert the U.S. government and take down the entire cabinet. And Fred needs the keys to the front gate of Detention Camp C-8, for when the first boxcar arrives."
User avatar
Braininvat
Resident Member
 
Posts: 5833
Joined: 21 Jan 2014
Location: Black Hills


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby toucana on March 13th, 2017, 12:13 pm 

Forest_Dump wrote:A couple of topics recently got me thinking about the logistics of hosting some kind of convention like the Trekkie or Comic Cons but geared towards conspiracy theory types. And the potential hurmour of the logistics keeps piling up for me. Has anything like this been done?


It happens every year in Washington DC. It is called CPAC or 'Conservative Political Action Conference'.

This year it was held on Wednesday 22 February at:

Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745

( I kid you not !)

The star turns were a neo-nazi stand-up comedian called Steve Bannon, and another guy with a stupid looking hair-piece who seemed to be a refugee clown from a Star Wars parody. He only got a few lines into his spiel before announcing that the CIA and FBI were tapping his brainwaves with a bugged microwave oven before he fled from the stage screaming something about 'Azerbaijan' and 'impeachment'.

Can't think what his name was now.
Last edited by toucana on March 13th, 2017, 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
toucana
Chatroom Operator
 
Posts: 843
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Location: Bristol UK
Blog: View Blog (7)


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Forest_Dump on March 13th, 2017, 12:15 pm 

I think I would have Jeffrey Tambor attend 100% in character as Adam Shadowchild and even give a talk. He could just look around and schooze with guests but always alluding to his books which would not be available and he could allude to conspiracies to cover them up or ban them because they were about certain gov't files. Have about 20 other actors communicate with him who appear to be "in the know" especially during his lecture appearance.
User avatar
Forest_Dump
Resident Member
 
Posts: 8721
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Location: Great Lakes Region


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby vivian maxine on March 13th, 2017, 1:10 pm 

Athena, I do not remember his name but I'll wager you do know who he is. The sheriff who made a name for himself by being so extra hard on prisoners. His theory was that criminals did not merit all the comforts of home. And he made sure they didn't even come close to getting them. That story is no longer making news but he does still show up once in a while with all his strict enforcement code - a la "If we make you miserable enough, maybe you will straighten up and fly right."


P. S. Athena, I found him. Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, AZ. There are a lot of stories about him online.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/09/27/ame ... jail-menu/
vivian maxine
Resident Member
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: 01 Aug 2014


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby Athena on March 16th, 2017, 12:49 pm 

vivian maxine » March 13th, 2017, 11:10 am wrote:Athena, I do not remember his name but I'll wager you do know who he is. The sheriff who made a name for himself by being so extra hard on prisoners. His theory was that criminals did not merit all the comforts of home. And he made sure they didn't even come close to getting them. That story is no longer making news but he does still show up once in a while with all his strict enforcement code - a la "If we make you miserable enough, maybe you will straighten up and fly right."


P. S. Athena, I found him. Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, AZ. There are a lot of stories about him online.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/09/27/ame ... jail-menu/


It is disgusting to me when men like this have the dignity of being law enforcers, when the fact is, they are the worst of the worst.
Athena
Banned User
 
Posts: 1936
Joined: 22 Apr 2012
Location: Eugene, Oregon


Re: Hosting a Conspiracy Convention

Postby vivian maxine on March 16th, 2017, 12:57 pm 

Athena » March 16th, 2017, 11:49 am wrote:
vivian maxine » March 13th, 2017, 11:10 am wrote:Athena, I do not remember his name but I'll wager you do know who he is. The sheriff who made a name for himself by being so extra hard on prisoners. His theory was that criminals did not merit all the comforts of home. And he made sure they didn't even come close to getting them. That story is no longer making news but he does still show up once in a while with all his strict enforcement code - a la "If we make you miserable enough, maybe you will straighten up and fly right."


P. S. Athena, I found him. Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, AZ. There are a lot of stories about him online.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/09/27/ame ... jail-menu/


It is disgusting to me when men like this have the dignity of being law enforcers, when the fact is, they are the worst of the worst.


My friend who jogged my memory on his name - she lives down that way - told me he lost in the last election and is no longer in office. Good to hear.
vivian maxine
Resident Member
 
Posts: 2837
Joined: 01 Aug 2014



Return to Lounge Area

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest