Welcomes & Introductions

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Re: Welcomes & Introductions

Postby zetreque on September 11th, 2017, 1:09 am 

If you want to go it alone. I suggest looking at the university or college you are interested in. Look up the syllabus for classes you would want to take. Find the text book the teacher uses. Buy the text book which can be upwards of 200$ and read the text book. The 200$ is worth it because if you were actually going to college u would be buying the text book and paying for the credit on top of that. The text book is all you need to learn most subjects. Most college students hardly do the reading, so if you can do the reading you will get it better than most. Depending on the kind of learner you are though, you may need hands on. So you could get the lab books and try doing the exercises but you may need to spend a lot of money on equipment depending on what it is.

If you make it through the text book, you can pay a few bucks and just take a test through the college board and get actual credit for it that could be transferred to a college in the future.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Welcomes & Introductions

Postby Infinite_Observer on September 11th, 2017, 1:19 am 

That is a wonderful idea, thank you. I bet it would be much easier to complete the course when you have decided on your own to study something because you find it interesting, rather than being forced to complete a course because you have to in order to have a chance of a career in that field. Appreciate your advice and hopefully I can bootleg some copies like an interweb pirate and save a few bucks, but I have some rainy day cash if not and that would be money well spent.
Infinite_Observer
Forum Neophyte

Previous

Return to Lounge Area