Who are we most like in Big Bang Theory?

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Who are we most like in Big Bang Theory?

Postby PhotonGuy on February 5th, 2015, 4:55 am 

So who are we all the most like in Big Bang Theory? As for me I would have to say that Im not really like any of them but the one that Im the least unlike would be Leonard. Although Leonard is much smarter academically than most people he isn't quite as smart as Shelby and he's also the most physical of the bunch. So I would say Im the most like Leonard although in terms of smarts I would be closer to Penny who, while not a brain with two legs like the guys are, she is much better at pop culture than any of them. But since Im a guy I am most like Leonard who Shelby once referred to as the muscle of the group.
PhotonGuy

Re: Who are we most like in Big Bang Theory?

Postby Eclogite on February 5th, 2015, 6:19 am 

There is one distinct way you differ from Leonard: he knows what Sheldon's real name is.

I suspect I have one foot on the autism spectrum, so I see echoes of Sheldon's behaviour in my own.

I share Leonard's exasperation at the peculiarities of my colleagues.

I have the same Wolowitz skill of inappropriate humour placed inappropriately.

And as for Raj, I do have a soft, nurturing side to my personality. You doubt it? Say that to my face you swine!
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby Braininvat on February 5th, 2015, 10:49 am 

Howard, minus the whole Jewish mother thing. Am also more engineer than theorist - I once fixed a misbehaving Dodge Colt with paper clip.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby BioWizard on February 5th, 2015, 11:31 am 

None. I'm way too cool and atheletic to be any of them :]
BioWizard
Forum Administrator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby PhotonGuy on February 5th, 2015, 1:52 pm 

BioWizard » February 5th, 2015, 10:31 am wrote:None. I'm way too cool and atheletic to be any of them :]

A cool and athletic person on a geek forum? Now that's unusual. :-)
PhotonGuy

Postby BioWizard on February 5th, 2015, 4:20 pm 

PhotonGuy » 05 Feb 2015 01:52 pm wrote:
BioWizard » February 5th, 2015, 10:31 am wrote:None. I'm way too cool and atheletic to be any of them :]

A cool and athletic person on a geek forum? Now that's unusual. :-)

What? I thought most people here are.
BioWizard
Forum Administrator

Postby Braininvat on February 5th, 2015, 8:12 pm 

Somehow I am more picturing members as Stuart or Amy. Mayim Bialik, who plays Amy, has a real life PhD in neuroscience....don't think she got monkeys hooked on cigarettes, though. Haven't watched since the 5th season - is it still good or are they shark jumping now?
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby zetreque on February 5th, 2015, 9:54 pm 

none, I dislike the show.

I'm more like BioWizard, but not nearly as knowledgeable in many areas.
I can relate to Watson and Dave_O a little too in same ways. A mixture of several personality traits of long time forum users.....

How about we make our own TV reality on the characters of this forum?
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Watson on February 5th, 2015, 11:07 pm 

It is a fun bit and they do try and include facts even if they might disrespect some, (Glashow comes to mind) but if we are doing our own reality show I'll be Watson. And if anyone one can make change, I have a nickle.
Watson
Resident Member

Location: Earth, middle of the top half, but only briefly each 24 hours.

Postby Darby on February 23rd, 2015, 6:11 pm 

I enjoy the show. I'd say I'm a nearly equal blend of all four.

Leonard: I have a professional background in the hard sciences, and I'm a dyed in the wool hardcore nerd to be sure, but I've had a fairly well rounded life, and can get along with people moderately well in a wide assortment of situations, which helps make Leonard the most functional person in his posse.

Raj: As a hobby, I've studied both cuisine and comparative religion for many cultures around the world, and I like astrophysics. I also have a fair amount of literature and art history under my belt. I dont have much of a feminine side, but I'm usually more comfortable in multicultural settings than many typical americans.

Sheldon: I'm far enough to the right on the Stanford-Binet scale to have some of the classic social handicaps that stereotypically go along being several sigma above 1, but I'm nowhere near the the full on socially-handicapped obsessive/compulsive germophobic autist that Sheldon is. He's way up in the 5+ sigma range.

Wolowitz: I have an irreverent sense of humor that I constantly have to keep in check (depending on who's present), and although I'm not mechanically handy by default (mostly due to never having developed it), I have an innate knack for many things that often lets me figure out what's probably wrong with something, even if I can't build/fix it. I also like all things NASA/JPL.

Call it 25:25:25:25 ... although self honesty would probably force me to toss in 5% Stewart.

As for the female regulars on the show, out of the three, I'm all in on Mayim Bialik ... I like my wimmen brainy and brunette, like my Wife. Not even close on the other two.
Darby

Postby Braininvat on February 23rd, 2015, 8:01 pm 

Leslie Winkle.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Darby on February 23rd, 2015, 9:25 pm 

Does that mean you're most similar to a snarky manipulative cold hearted slut who believes exclusively in loop quantum gravity ? ;)
Darby

Postby Braininvat on February 24th, 2015, 10:45 am 

Heh, heh. Well, I do like LQG....no, I cited her as the female character most attractive to me. (Per your 'I'm all in on Mayim Bialik')

I believe that cold heart could be thawed. Perhaps some head trauma that shaved off 20 IQ points...
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Darby on February 24th, 2015, 11:05 am 

Heh.

I've got $5 that says underneath Leslie Winkle's prim snarky manipulative exterior, there's a closet dominatrix itching to climb out. When the episode with her dalliance with Wolowitz aired, I kept having flashbacks to that side-splitting scene in Mel Brooks' High Anxiety where Nurse Diesel was spanking Dr. Montague (easily a crowning moment of funny for both Cloris Leachman and Harvey Korman).
Darby

Postby Ranjan on February 27th, 2015, 10:42 am 

Personally, I like Penny and Sheldon equally. kaley cuoco is too cute and with all those funny she make, she is really bring out the character in her. The dumb and the beautiful penny's presence in the life of those nerds is really creates a interesting climax for the show. And the socially awkward, genius Sheldon brings all the fun into the show.
Ranjan
Forum Neophyte

Postby Hendrick Laursen on June 13th, 2015, 11:14 am 

I'm like the guy who passed by Sheldon one day, notwithstanding who he was and went on.
:)
Hendrick Laursen

Blog: View Blog (6)

Return to Lounge Area