Big Cats

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

What is your favorite big cat?

Lion
25%
Tiger
50%
Leopard
No votes
Jaguar
No votes
Cheetah
25%
Cougar
No votes
Snow leopard
No votes

Total votes : 4

Big Cats

Postby caters on July 16th, 2015, 6:13 pm 

I like big cats and there are quite a few so I thought that it would be nice to make a poll about big cats.

Now the cougar has lots of other names that you might or might not have heard of like mountain lion, catamount, and puma.
caters

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Big Cats

Postby zetreque on July 16th, 2015, 6:58 pm 

Without having the fortune of spending any real time around them I couldn't pick a favorite. They all have features that seem pretty amazing. Could we add bobcats to the list or are they not considered large?
And what about Lynx?
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby caters on July 16th, 2015, 7:05 pm 

Well when I posted this it said that I could have up to 7 options. Bobcats and Lynx are not large cats and neither are caracals and servals.
caters

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Braininvat on July 16th, 2015, 8:25 pm 

Fats Waller
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby zetreque on July 17th, 2015, 2:12 am 

I like bobcats. I'm almost 100% sure one killed a raccoon on my deck a few months ago. It was a crime scene I had to unravel. I heard a slight noise and turned on the back deck light but didn't look until a few minutes later. I found a pile of fresh intestines, blood all over, and raccoon hair all over. I had a clothes drying laundry rack and it seems like it may have been perfectly setup for an ambush at the corner where the back door is. The openings in the deck for the gettaway could have only fit an animal the size of a bobcat and I have seen them in the vicinity in the past. I didn't want to deal with it that night so I just left everything as is. The next morning the intestines were mostly gone, just bits of them across the deck and down the stairs, and all that was left was some blood and hair. It was a little bit strange. It was like something gutted the thing the instant it killed it, drug off the body right away when I turned on the light, then came back for desert later.

I want more of them to keep the domestic cat populations in check. There is also a new raccoon family living under a deck near by I think. I went outside the other night to find 4 newborns wondering aimlessly around the yard and a mother in the middle growling and not knowing what to do because her babies were scattered all over so she couldn't position herself to protect them all. One of the babies was walking straight up the steps toward me not more than 2 feet away not even looking up at me knowing I was there because it was so new to the world. They rip up my yard every night climbing trees and practicing their mischievous skills. I could probably make a TV show out of it. They sure can cause a mess in the yard and make noise running around the deck and climbing trees, but I like them. One night they annoyed me making a lot of noise keeping me up though and I went out and was poking them with a broom sharply and they still wouldn't budge.

lol braininvat
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby vivian maxine on July 17th, 2015, 8:23 am 

Oh, please! We do need an "all of them". Maybe I'll vote for the lion who cured me of going to zoos. Poor fellow was so down in spirit. I never went back.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Lounge Area