Funny stories! (and pets, apparently)

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Re: Funny stories! (and pets, apparently)

Postby Braininvat on November 2nd, 2015, 5:12 pm 

I saw some short things covered with white sheets saying "booooo!" They appeared to be ghosts. Does that cast doubt on my sanity? If you give them candy, they disappear. Some sort of astral extortion racket, perhaps.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 2nd, 2015, 5:19 pm 

Braininvat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:12 pm wrote:I saw some short things covered with white sheets saying "booooo!" They appeared to be ghosts. Does that cast doubt on my sanity? If you give them candy, they disappear. Some sort of astral extortion racket, perhaps.

"they disappear"(!) Has this happened to you on more than one occasion like Bio?
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 2nd, 2015, 6:03 pm 

Every year, at the end of October.

The seasonal nature of the phenomenon could result either from:

1. Spores released seasonally that induce altered mental states

2. Geophysical changes, perhaps magnetic anomalies strong enough for transcranial stimulation

3. 4-dimensional beings penetrating our 3-space, modestly cloaked in bedding

4. Tiny humanoids, undergoing corporate conditioning to consume toxic amounts of sugar
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Watson on November 2nd, 2015, 8:16 pm 

I'm not totally sure of the cause, but I have found over the past few years, if you avoid even the slightest sniff of chocolate or other sweets the phenomenon is greatly reduced, and can be eliminated completely, some say, if you turn off all lights just prior to Pluto time.
Watson
Resident Member

Location: Earth, middle of the top half, but only briefly each 24 hours.

Postby Serpent on November 3rd, 2015, 12:29 am 

A sure-fire method of getting rid of them used to be those horrible orange-wrapped chewy candies. I don't think they make those anymore. Try apples.

Some time ago - in the olden days before peanut-panic - I used to make granola bars for Halloween. Very wholesome, and I included a slip of paper in each package, with the contents one side and on the other a note saying: If you don't want your child eating this, please don't throw it in the garbage, give it to the squirrels.
My son told me not to bother: all his friends ate the bars before they got home.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby Dave_Oblad on November 3rd, 2015, 12:53 am 

Hi all,

I'm reminded of the time I dropped my dog off at the Groomers and went out on the floor to see what kinds of animals they had for sale. Birds, Fish, Reptiles, Mice and of course Dogs and Cats. I noticed this little girl standing nearby examining the Hamsters. A floor person came up and asked if she was interested in getting a Hamster. The little girl replied to the affirmative and the floor person asked if she preferred the Cream colored one that was napping, or the Dark Brown one that was cleaning itself, or perhaps the Mottled one that was running in a wheel. The little girl responded: "Honestly Sir, I don't think my Snake cares what color its food is."

Best wishes,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Braininvat on November 3rd, 2015, 11:24 am 

LOL!!

Serpent, were the repellent chewy candies "Bit o' Honey" ? Those are effective in keeping the little sugar-thugs away from your door.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Natural ChemE on November 3rd, 2015, 5:10 pm 

For more funny stories, the Epic Rap Battles of History.

Since we're a Science forum:

And since we're a Philosophy forum:

And because it's time for me to get back to work with patents 'n junk:
Natural ChemE
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Lounge Area