Man Called 'Rod' Struck By Lightning For Second Time

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Man Called 'Rod' Struck By Lightning For Second Time

Postby toucana on November 21st, 2015, 4:09 pm 

A man called 'Rod' has been struck by lightning for the second time in his life.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/27/lightning_rod/

Rod Wolfe, 58, lives in Chebanse, a small town outside of Chicago in the United States. Last Saturday, he was standing just outside his house when lightning hit a nearby tree and jumped to his body. He was treated for broken ribs and heart problems, and is now out of the hospital.

Wolfe's first lightning strike happened 18 years ago, when he was working at a cemetery.

National Geographic estimates that the average person runs a 1 in 700,000 chance of being struck annually, and a 1 in 3,000 chance of being struck over the course of a lifetime. While 70 per cent of victims have lasting health problems, just 10 per cent of lightning strikes are fatal.

The magazine did not give the odds of being struck by lightning twice while being named 'Rod'.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Man Called 'Rod' Struck By Lightning For Second Time

Postby Braininvat on November 30th, 2015, 1:31 pm 

I was AWOL when you posted this, but now would like to say I found this very amusing.

I would love to see this paired with a story about a man named Bob whose body density makes him incapable of drowning. Or a man named Matt who has been run over by a steamroller. (well, no, I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone just for the sake of a diverting news story...)
Braininvat
Resident Member

Return to Lounge Area