Why I am voting for better pizza

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Re: Why I am voting for better pizza

Postby vivian maxine on November 3rd, 2016, 8:18 am 

This isn't what you all -- nor I, for that matter -- would call REAL pizza but it was good. Just out of curiosity, I picked up and brought home a fruit pizza one time. I was amazed. It was really good. It wasn't so much the fruit as how they had seasoned it. And they had diced the fruit into very small pieces to make it literally part of the bites, crust and all. That was a couple of years ago and I've wished ever since I could find another. Has anyone had fruit pizza that could at least deserve the name "pizza" even if there is no pepperoni on it?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 3rd, 2016, 10:56 am 

Braininvat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:48 pm wrote:Feeling the excitement yet, Ron?

GO CUBS!

108 stitches in a regulation baseball, 108 years of drought....

That was an unbelievable game Biv! Right up until the very last second, you did not know who was going to win!

This was also the greatest sports victory in Chicago history!(This city is really going nuts! You should have heard the city wide fireworks last night! It sounded like the Fourth of July!)

GO CUBS, the world champions!(And like always and forever, GO BULLS!)
Last edited by ronjanec on November 3rd, 2016, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 3rd, 2016, 11:05 am 

vivian maxine » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:18 am wrote:This isn't what you all -- nor I, for that matter -- would call REAL pizza but it was good. Just out of curiosity, I picked up and brought home a fruit pizza one time. I was amazed. It was really good. It wasn't so much the fruit as how they had seasoned it. And they had diced the fruit into very small pieces to make it literally part of the bites, crust and all. That was a couple of years ago and I've wished ever since I could find another. Has anyone had fruit pizza that could at least deserve the name "pizza" even if there is no pepperoni on it?

That's not a "pizza"! That's an abomination Vivian! :)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 3rd, 2016, 11:39 am 

Congrats, Ron, and any other Cub fans. I was born in the great state of Illinois, a little over an hour from Chicago, so I can claim to be a born Cubs fan. (White Sox? who are they?) What a hard-fought game, it will be remembered for a long time in baseball history.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby vivian maxine on November 3rd, 2016, 12:09 pm 

ronjanec » November 3rd, 2016, 10:05 am wrote:
vivian maxine » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:18 am wrote:This isn't what you all -- nor I, for that matter -- would call REAL pizza but it was good. Just out of curiosity, I picked up and brought home a fruit pizza one time. I was amazed. It was really good. It wasn't so much the fruit as how they had seasoned it. And they had diced the fruit into very small pieces to make it literally part of the bites, crust and all. That was a couple of years ago and I've wished ever since I could find another. Has anyone had fruit pizza that could at least deserve the name "pizza" even if there is no pepperoni on it?

That's not a "pizza"! That's an abomination Vivian! :)

I know but I can't say it because I'm vegetarian. I've eaten many a vegetable and many a fruit pizza and none were worth the time except that one. I don't know what they did to it. Has to have been seasonings or some special sauce but it really was good.

When I ate meat, I loved DiGiorni's but it changed hands. I'll be nice and keep quiet as to who did what. It lost its appeal.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 21st, 2016, 10:30 pm 

BioWizard,

I read somewhere that they do have the Home Run Inn frozen pizza from Chicago available at Publix...if you still want to try it on some very cold and snowy Florida night.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Serpent on November 21st, 2016, 11:34 pm 

vivian maxine » November 3rd, 2016, 11:09 am wrote: It wasn't so much the fruit as how they had seasoned it. And they had diced the fruit into very small pieces to make it literally part of the bites, crust and all....
I know but I can't say it because I'm vegetarian. I've eaten many a vegetable and many a fruit pizza and none were worth the time except that one.

I've had an apple one that was pretty good. Not too sweet. They put pineapple on ham pizzas, which are awful, but I can imagine a mix of mango/raisin/papaya/brown sugar that would be like the top-drawer chutney I used to make. That would go all right on a thin, crisp pizza crust. Or sharp cheddar and pear, or feta and fig... Why the hell not? It's just bread: an open sandwich. You can put whatever you want on it.
Serpent
Resident Member

Previous

Return to Lounge Area