final shots (for humor purposes only)

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

Postby curiosity on November 13th, 2016, 9:40 pm 

I'm fine with first names, because there are people I know and like who share those names,Hell, I'm even married to a woman whose first name is Margaret. I can't however link certain forenames to surnames, without wanting to spit.
So I will stick to calling Donald by his first name and hope that I can use his surname too, once I get to see who he actually is. Here's hoping I will be pleasantly surprised by him.
curiosity

Postby Serpent on November 13th, 2016, 10:10 pm 

I'm glad this thread is for humour purposes only.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby curiosity on November 13th, 2016, 10:43 pm 

I don't think the seriousness of the current situation on either side of the Atlantic leaves much room for humour.
Both the American and European economies are in a mess, due mostly to the incompetence of politicians. So, try as I might, I am finding it difficult to laugh about it.

I wont say any more on this thread, because as you say, I'm wandering way off topic.
curiosity

Postby Braininvat on November 14th, 2016, 1:44 pm 

vivian maxine » November 13th, 2016, 1:37 pm wrote:All right. Biv, I fear you'll have to wait. Sorry about that.

Argh. I was SO close! The whole system is rigged!

No, really, I'm verrry happy to wait. Looking at my calendar....how does "when Hell freezes over" sound?
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 14th, 2016, 1:48 pm 

curiosity » November 13th, 2016, 7:43 pm wrote:I don't think the seriousness of the current situation on either side of the Atlantic leaves much room for humour.

I hear what you're saying. Here's something that Stephen Colbert pointed out a few days ago that I think you should consider: When you are laughing at something, you aren't so afraid of it.

Humor (or even humour) helps people to be less afraid. Which means that, when there is public discourse about how to craft a decent sort of civilization, people might be a little calmer.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 14th, 2016, 4:29 pm 

Serpent » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:59 pm wrote:It must be interesting to be on nickname terms with the most powerful people in the world.
If I were so privileged, I probably wouldn't insult all of them.

I can see that you have absolutely no future as a successful commentator on conservative websites Mr. Serpent.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby curiosity on November 14th, 2016, 7:09 pm 

Humor (or even humour) helps people to be less afraid. Which means that, when there is public discourse about how to craft a decent sort of civilization, people might be a little calmer.

Although I do have a good sense of humour, There are certain words that look so wrong, when the American spellings are used. (I can't bear to spell them that way... The correct spelling is "humour" in both the Oxford and the Cambridge "English" dictionaries.)

Getting back to something Humorous... Yes it's OK to leave out the U which would normally follow the first "O" in the spelling this time.
Now that America has a British born president, I do hope there are no plans to reinstate our queen too.
"America had its chance and blew it !!! "
curiosity

Postby Braininvat on November 14th, 2016, 7:42 pm 

Now that America has a British born president....

He was born in Queens, NY.

So, either that's a joke that's too clever for my mind to grasp, or you are starting a new "birther" rumor....
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby curiosity on November 14th, 2016, 8:18 pm 

I stand corrected.... His mother was British and his father was German,
I think in future I will take any clips I see on Youtube with a big pinch of salt.
So you have an american president who is Anglo-Germanic. I do hope his parents entered the US legally or he might have to have himself deported (I hope he speaks good German .)
curiosity

Postby ronjanec on November 14th, 2016, 8:51 pm 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-1 ... aught-tape

Do not for one minute believe those nasty conservatives when they try to tell you that those "very dedicated and sincere young Trump protestors" that you are seeing on the news every night, instead really represent who knows how many (paid?) outside agitators(Will you look at all those out of state buses! Blocks! In a basically no where's ville area of Chicago)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby doogles on November 14th, 2016, 10:25 pm 

Why are Democrats rioting against the results of a Democratic election?
doogles

Postby Serpent on November 15th, 2016, 12:34 am 

Possibly because it's a post-democratic era?
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 16th, 2016, 2:11 pm 

doogles » November 14th, 2016, 7:25 pm wrote:Why are Democrats rioting against the results of a Democratic election?

Wait, aren't they just calm and rational nonpartisans with a deep altruistic interest in Electoral College reform? (gee, where have they been the last 16 years that have passed since President Al Gore was nonelected by winning the popular vote??)
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby curiosity on November 16th, 2016, 7:15 pm 

You're no longer allowed to speak of Al Gore. The guy is a fruit cake who believes in global warming.
Your new president has spoken on this issue. "There is no global warming !!!" I will sleep much better
now that myth has been put to bed. Unless he is being a teeny bit dishonest. No president would be dishonest though.....
Would he?
Hmm, maybe he would.
I'm not too sure now.
Surely the president knows better than all those scientists.
Doesn't he ?
curiosity

Postby SciameriKen on November 16th, 2016, 9:54 pm 

curiosity » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:15 pm wrote:You're no longer allowed to speak of Al Gore. The guy is a fruit cake who believes in global warming.
Your new president has spoken on this issue. "There is no global warming !!!" I will sleep much better
now that myth has been put to bed. Unless he is being a teeny bit dishonest. No president would be dishonest though.....
Would he?
Hmm, maybe he would.
I'm not too sure now.
Surely the president knows better than all those scientists.
Doesn't he ?

Should we not doubt his powers? He already ended racism - just by saying "stop it"

SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby curiosity on November 16th, 2016, 10:47 pm 

[Should we not doubt his powers? He already ended racism - just by saying "stop ]

Oh really... I bet that's put a lot of peoples mind at rest.
There was once a king called Canute, who managed to stop the tide from rising, simply by ordering
it to turn back.
Damnation..... I've just remembered how that tale ended.
curiosity

Postby ronjanec on November 21st, 2016, 8:15 pm 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jXuSZXUmxSA This video is really amazing, and possibly explains why HRC never personally came out to publicly concede to Donald Trump on election night(I have read a number of other sources describing the exact same thing happening on election night: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHLeVGVYO https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOM2uaGFU9s)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Natural ChemE on November 21st, 2016, 10:27 pm 

ronjanec » November 21st, 2016, 7:15 pm wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jXuSZXUmxSA This video is really amazing, and possibly explains why HRC never personally came out to publicly concede to Donald Trump on election night(I have read a number of other sources describing the exact same thing happening on election night: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MSHLeVGVYO https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOM2uaGFU9s)

While I'm not sure what Hillary was like after the election results, I have to note that those links are extremely poor sources.

Reasons:
  1. The first link's from David Zublick. If you check out his Twitter, he tweets about all sorts of conspiracy theories, including alien mind control and the government covering-up doomsday. And that's just in the last few hours.
    • The second link's broken.
      • The third link cites only one source: Breitbart News, a propaganda site chaired by Trump's campaign manager.

When I said
      Natural ChemE » November 8th, 2016, 8:11 pm wrote:But, jeeze, Trump's just evil. While America's going to survive no matter how horrid our president is, I think that his contempt for factual reality would do structural damage to the underlying mechanisms that run America, and more broadly, the human endeavor.
      , my point about "his contempt for factual reality" was this tenancy to just say whatever he likes, seemingly without regard for truth. It's that conspiracy theory stuff that truly sickens me.
      Natural ChemE
      Forum Moderator

Postby ronjanec on November 21st, 2016, 11:26 pm 

NCE,

I would have loved to have also provided a link for this from CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, or some other mainstream news source for this, but they are too biased to the left to report this as they have shown us during the previous election campaign.

It is a known and proven fact that HRC really shocked even her loyal MSM supporters by not personally showing up to concede the election in front of her supporters and campaign workers on election night...why?
      ronjanec
      Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 21st, 2016, 11:36 pm 

ronjanec
      Resident Member

Postby Natural ChemE on November 21st, 2016, 11:37 pm 

ronjanec » November 21st, 2016, 10:26 pm wrote:I would have loved to have also provided a link for this from CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, or some other mainstream news source for this, but they are too biased to the left to report this as they have shown us during the previous election campaign.

But that's simply not true, either. For example, the week before the election, the media reported non-stop on the FBI announcement about emails found on Anthony Weiner's computer. Objectively speaking, it was a really boring story; all the FBI said was that some of these emails may've been related to Clinton since Weiner was also a Democratic politician. But, even though it was super-boring and hurt Clinton right before everyone went to the polls, the media still ran it as headline news.
      Natural ChemE
      Forum Moderator

Postby Forest_Dump on November 21st, 2016, 11:41 pm 

ronjanec wrote:It is a known and proven fact that HRC really shocked even her loyal MSM supporters by not personally showing up to concede the election in front of her supporters and campaign workers on election night...why?

I have no doubt that she would have been angry and upset. So would I have been. Still find it hard to believe. And maybe Trump opened a bottle of pricey bubbly, did some lines and got a pricey hooker that looks like Rosie O'Donnell. Who cares? Hillary and Obama did come out and showed as much support as expected. No need to imagine what Trump would have done because he made that clear in his own words - he would have contested the results and his supporters, at least, would have incited violence. I suppose it is somewhat lucky that didn't happen.
      Forest_Dump
      Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 21st, 2016, 11:51 pm 

Natural ChemE » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:37 pm wrote:
      ronjanec » November 21st, 2016, 10:26 pm wrote:I would have loved to have also provided a link for this from CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, or some other mainstream news source for this, but they are too biased to the left to report this as they have shown us during the previous election campaign.

But that's simply not true, either. For example, the week before the election, the media reported non-stop on the FBI announcement about emails found on Anthony Weiner's computer. Objectively speaking, it was a really boring story; all the FBI said was that some of these emails may've been related to Clinton since Weiner was also a Democratic politician. But, even though it was super-boring and hurt Clinton right before everyone went to the polls, the media still ran it as headline news.

A big story from a very reputable source like the FBI cannot be just swept under the rug NCE...they had to talk about this one(Fortunately, they cannot get away with hiding everything from us despite their best efforts to the contrary).
      ronjanec
      Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 22nd, 2016, 12:04 am 

Forest_Dump » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:41 pm wrote:
      ronjanec wrote:It is a known and proven fact that HRC really shocked even her loyal MSM supporters by not personally showing up to concede the election in front of her supporters and campaign workers on election night...why?

I have no doubt that she would have been angry and upset. So would I have been. Still find it hard to believe. And maybe Trump opened a bottle of pricey bubbly, did some lines and got a pricey hooker that looks like Rosie O'Donnell. Who cares? Hillary and Obama did come out and showed as much support as expected. No need to imagine what Trump would have done because he made that clear in his own words - he would have contested the results and his supporters, at least, would have incited violence. I suppose it is somewhat lucky that didn't happen.

Angry and upset with an unexpected loss is one thing and yes completely understandable Forest: Not showing up to thank even your very loyal supporters because you allegedly had a psychotic and very angry complete meltdown is another thing.

"Who cares?" She would have of course had her finger on the nuclear button as President Forest(!) We really dodged a bullet here people.
      Last edited by ronjanec on November 22nd, 2016, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
      ronjanec
      Resident Member

Postby Natural ChemE on November 22nd, 2016, 12:12 am 

ronjanec » November 21st, 2016, 10:51 pm wrote:A big story from a very reputable source like the FBI cannot be just swept under the rug NCE...they had to talk about this one
      What do you mean? The FBI just said that, as part of an unrelated investigation into Anthony Weiner, they confiscated Weiner's computer, which they guessed might contain emails to Clinton. Then, after reviewing the emails, nothing happened.

ronjanec » November 21st, 2016, 10:51 pm wrote:(Fortunately, they cannot get away with hiding everything from us despite their best efforts to the contrary).
      The media as a whole doesn't try to hide stuff. They make mountains out of molehills and report even disinteresting things; whatever gets clicks, because that's how they make money.

That said, your last set of links were from people who promote a lot of conspiracy theories. Those sorts of people often claim that the mainstream media's involved in a huge cover-ups; that the alien mind control and doomsday theories are real, just the media isn't honest enough to report on them - that you have to go to their blog to get the "real" story. Do you buy into their claims?
      Natural ChemE
      Forum Moderator

Postby ronjanec on November 22nd, 2016, 12:34 am 

You honestly do not think the media was not biased against Donald Trump in this election campaign? They were even caught giving HRC the debate questions ahead of time NCE(CNN) as just one example. The DNC was also caught trying to fix the nomination for HRC instead of Bernie, and only one person was ever blamed for this(Wassermann) and the media never said "Hey, someone else in the entire DNC must have known about this and was also guilty of this besides Wassermann maybe even HRC!"
      ronjanec
      Resident Member

Postby Natural ChemE on November 22nd, 2016, 12:42 am 

ronjanec » November 21st, 2016, 11:34 pm wrote:You honestly do not think the media was not biased against Donald Trump in this election campaign?
      It's pretty hard for people who follow stuff to not form opinions. That said, there's a big difference between having an opinion and engaging in a conspiracy.

If you want to say that many media reporters were biased toward Clinton in their opinion-based analysis, yeah, sure, that's entirely reasonable. It's the media-tries-to-hide-everything-they-don't-like conspiracy theory that's crazy.
      Natural ChemE
      Forum Moderator

Postby ronjanec on November 22nd, 2016, 1:05 am 

With all due respect, I don't think it's crazy, or just conspiracy theory NCE: And I have read a number of books from ex-media people and others who actually talk about this collective bias towards the left in the news media(Goldberg from CBS wrote a couple of books about this, and Ann Coulter has also written a couple of books about this among a number of others)
      ronjanec
      Resident Member

Postby Natural ChemE on November 22nd, 2016, 1:22 am 

ronjanec,

Definitely, there's often a Left-leaning bias. It's a natural result of how people choose professions; in general, conservatives prefer more utilitarian jobs while liberals are more likely to enjoy working in media. But the huge jump here is from Left-leaning bias to Leftist conspiracy. That's a really, really, really big jump.

Further, while the media tends to lean Left, that's only an on-average thing; there're still tons of conservative reporters. So even if liberal reporters did engage in a massive conspiracy to suppress certain news stories, their conservative peers would just report it, e.g. on Fox News.
      Natural ChemE
      Forum Moderator

Postby ronjanec on November 22nd, 2016, 2:24 am 

NCE,

Have you ever noticed how an important national news stories that hurt the lefty ideology might get one or two days of national coverage thanks to internet exposing this in the first place and then you hear nothing more about this, whereas an important national news story that instead hurts the righty ideology can go on for months and months of national coverage? This is indeed an example of a collective conspiracy by the news media.

Also, when the DNC was busted by Wikileaks for trying to fix the nomination for HRC the press and HRC constantly blamed the Russians for doing this: The national news media instead of going after the other DNC conspirators besides Wassermann only pushed the same mantra("the Russians did this, the Russians did this!"), and again had absolutely no interest in investigating the story of who else in the DNC was also involved in the conspiracy.

Why not? Because HRC also had to know right from the very beginning that they/the DNC were trying to fix the nomination for her, and was almost certainly herself an active participant in the conspiracy. This getting out would have probably cost her the Democratic nomination, and the national press again conspired and diverted the public's attention to blaming only the Russians to save their favored candidate.
      ronjanec
      Resident Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge Area