final shots (for humor purposes only)

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

Postby Braininvat on November 11th, 2016, 8:56 pm 

Will look for a clip. Don't watch him much but, when I do, it's usually good.

I suspect political humor writers have a pretty secure gig for the next 4 years, in terms of skits and jokes that practically write themselves. Unless they are all rounded up and sent to American gulags...our nation's new form of borscht belt.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby BioWizard on November 11th, 2016, 9:31 pm 

Braininvat » 11 Nov 2016 02:18 pm wrote:It has been reported that the 1st Lady and Ms. Trump had tea together.

According to some, the conversation went like this:

Michelle: "Hi, I'm Michelle."

Melania: "Hi, I'm Michelle."

lol
BioWizard
Forum Administrator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Braininvat on November 12th, 2016, 2:42 pm 

I was thinking up names for the new Administration the other day - along the lines of Kennedy's admin famously being called Camelot or FDR's New Deal. I'm still working on it, but here's a few.....

1600 Pence'll Fail Ya Ave.

Hell Toupee on the Potomac

Agent Orange is the New Black

Moscow on the Potomac

Trump: Putin on the Ritz

Groper in the Oval Orifice

Grabbing a New Bush

Oreo Hater Speedwagon*

Attack of the MasturDon

Don's Early Lite Presidency

* for those outside the U.S. who may not be familiar with the reference, this refers to:

1. Trump's vow never to another Oreo cookie (accused them of shipping all their factories to Mexico)(which proved
not to be true)

2. A 70's U.S. rock band called REO Speedwagon
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby zetreque on November 12th, 2016, 3:41 pm 

Make America great again my ass. People are fearing for their lives. Increasing violence around the world. tens of millions of people are feeling hurt and scared right now.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/731638/Sweden-Stockholm-neo-Nazi-far-right-protests-anti-fascist-violence

http://www.thelocal.se/20161112/swedish-nazis-hail-trump-in-largest-ever-demonstration
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Dave_Oblad on November 12th, 2016, 5:31 pm 

Hi all,

I'm a bit scared. So far Trump appears to be a Bull-Dog Hawk. His lack of finesse could lead us into Global Nuclear War with China, if he clamps down on Korea's current attempts to become a player in the Arms Race. This is in-part, one reason for me to want to move away from high population areas. SoCal may be targeted by 10 Nukes from China.. we may shoot down 9 with our Starwars Technology. But that 1 that makes it through will ruin the day.. for lots of SoCal people.

JFK brought us to the brink in the Cuban Missile Crisis. Will we be so lucky with Trump?

Also, being a white middle class male, I'm much safer locally than many others.. if Trumps Misogynistic and Racist attitudes are put into law. He can't do such by himself, but he does have rather persuasive skills and connections.

Make America Great? That kind of Flag Waving Nationalism can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

Trump won because he pandered to the hidden fears and agenda's of selected Americans. Will he also exploit such in future endeavors? Time will tell..

Anyway, I seriously hope my fears are ungrounded.

Best regards,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on November 12th, 2016, 5:51 pm 

The title of this thread is for humor but this is a serious (insert profanity) situation.
I don't think people realize just how bad this is with 8000 people marching in LA right now and thousands more protesting and frightened across the country and other countries.

There might be some good things to come out of this shake up but no one is going to win. We all lose more than ever in the short term of the next few years. The hate created in this election is going to be extended for generations again. He has divided America more than ever since the civil war. Was it intentional? We don't know. Probably not given his ignorance in science and reality around him growing up in a rich family.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Forest_Dump on November 12th, 2016, 6:01 pm 

zetreque wrote:I don't think people realize just how bad this is with 8000 people marching in LA right now and thousands more protesting and frightened across the country and other countries.

But truth be told, I think the protests, etc., would have been a lot worse if he had lost. A lot of those lunatics are really lunatics with a lot more guns and homemade explosives, etc. And they just might still go off if Trump doesn't live up to his hypebole about trashing the Whitehouse, etc.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on November 12th, 2016, 6:10 pm 

Forest_Dump » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:01 pm wrote:
zetreque wrote:I don't think people realize just how bad this is with 8000 people marching in LA right now and thousands more protesting and frightened across the country and other countries.

But truth be told, I think the protests, etc., would have been a lot worse if he had lost. A lot of those lunatics are really lunatics with a lot more guns and homemade explosives, etc. And they just might still go off if Trump doesn't live up to his hypebole about trashing the Whitehouse, etc.

Exactly. He is making enemies of his own supporters now. Unpredictable.

I do not deny the Clinton is bad, but she wouldn't nearly be as bad on the global level and I don't think we would be seeing these protests at all. The protests are mostly the people that Trump bashed. Clinton didn't bash anyone so the violence against her campaign would simply be the ones that are... you can figure this out on your own.

There is a difference.

If Clinton were elected the violent ones would come out. Not the peaceful ones. Then those would be dealt with. I really don't think it would be as long of lasting. All the effort toward global peace and climate efforts would still be in place. Things would be more stable.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Forest_Dump on November 12th, 2016, 6:47 pm 

zetreque wrote:I do not deny the Clinton is bad, but she wouldn't nearly be as bad on the global level

Funny thing is I never had any problems with her at all. I know a lot of the accusations against her but most just made me shrug. As I said before, I might be more sympathetic to Bernie in many ways but if he had won the polarized reaction would definitely have been far worse. Too much for the US to take at once - kind of like trying to get a loaded, speeding 18 wheeler truck to spin on a dime. IMHO, Hillary was by far the best choice. But bottom line she lost (I do have my own theories as to why) so if there is any chance of democracy remaining in the US (and that is a very big and important IF), a lot of people are going to have to accept that Trump won and so did an awful lot of other Republicans.

zetreque wrote:If Clinton were elected the violent ones would come out. Not the peaceful ones. Then those would be dealt with. I really don't think it would be as long of lasting. All the effort toward global peace and climate efforts would still be in place. Things would be more stable.

Of course I agree with most of that. I have some fears, however, that some of the crazies might still go out and attempt to deal with the protesters out there now.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby Forest_Dump on November 12th, 2016, 7:17 pm 

By the way, from what little I have seen, the people who really decided this election were the ones who stayed home.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on November 12th, 2016, 7:25 pm 

I will have to disagree with you about Bernie. Where I live, there was and is so much hatred for Clinton built up ever since the Bill Clinton years that it was clearly obvious to me that Bernie was our only hope to bring people together rather than divide our nation. People cheated him and our nation by going with Hillary.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Forest_Dump on November 12th, 2016, 7:54 pm 

I don't think any of the fringe candidates (Libertarian or Green) would have really made that much of a difference in those key swing states but I haven't really seen any of the key numbers but the one I did see was that 6 million more people voted for Obama than for Clinton and that would have made all the difference. And that is why you have President Trump for the next four years (assuming he doesn't loose interest and wander off to play golf in which case you will (and actually might anyway in terms of actual work to be done) have President Pense).
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby Serpent on November 12th, 2016, 8:53 pm 

For heaven's sake, was there really no credible Democrat prepared to throw their hat in the ring, compared to 16 Republicans? Well, okay, most of them were not credible, but this is a post-credible era.
Not one? Michelle Obama? Helen Hunt? Al Franken? ....
Jerry Springer....? Now that would have been a race!
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby Dave_Oblad on November 12th, 2016, 11:30 pm 

Hi all,

I personally would have gone with Pat Paulsen.. but that probably dates me..lol.

I think we need a new rule. If more than 50% of the available voters fail to vote, then the current President gets an automatic extension of his/her current term by another 4 years. Or.. the current candidates are disqualified for another round of voting.

That would be voting by abstention. A way to demonstrate that neither candidate is desirable and we want better choices without having to lose by splitting the vote.

Regards,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Postby Serpent on November 13th, 2016, 12:15 am 

I used to like him, but I remember him as far too modest, urbane and well-spoken for today's campaigns - although still relevant.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 13th, 2016, 12:19 am 

Serpent » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:53 pm wrote:For heaven's sake, was there really no credible Democrat prepared to throw their hat in the ring, compared to 16 Republicans? Well, okay, most of them were not credible, but this is a post-credible era.

You forgot Screech/Fauxahontas/Lyin Lizzie in your list of "credible" Democrats Serpent.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby wolfhnd on November 13th, 2016, 1:21 am 

Funniest two words from 2016 presidential election.

Spirit Cooking
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on November 13th, 2016, 8:04 am 

Serpent » November 12th, 2016, 7:53 pm wrote:For heaven's sake, was there really no credible Democrat prepared to throw their hat in the ring, compared to 16 Republicans? Well, okay, most of them were not credible, but this is a post-credible era.

Braininvat?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby curiosity on November 13th, 2016, 11:34 am 

It's just a random thought, but.... As I'm a Brit.

Wouldn't It be nice if Trump were to give Farage a green card, then appoint him as the US representative to the EEC. I really miss watching Farage chewing the other European nations' delegates up before distainfully spitting them out.

For entertainment value, the European parliament just isn't the same without him, he is certainly good at doing what he does
curiosity

Postby ronjanec on November 13th, 2016, 2:59 pm 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-1 ... amatically I thought the video in the link was pretty amusing...

("Madam President"? I still have this terrible fear that HRC will try again in 2020...maybe I need consuling?)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 13th, 2016, 3:26 pm 

curiosity » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:34 am wrote:It's just a random thought, but.... As I'm a Brit.

Wouldn't It be nice if Trump were to give Farage a green card, then appoint him as the US representative to the EEC. I really miss watching Farage chewing the other European nations' delegates up before distainfully spitting them out.

For entertainment value, the European parliament just isn't the same without him, he is certainly good at doing what he does

Great idea curiosity!
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 13th, 2016, 3:28 pm 

vivian maxine » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:04 am wrote:
Serpent » November 12th, 2016, 7:53 pm wrote:For heaven's sake, was there really no credible Democrat prepared to throw their hat in the ring, compared to 16 Republicans? Well, okay, most of them were not credible, but this is a post-credible era.

Braininvat?
Not a woman...forget it. :)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on November 13th, 2016, 3:54 pm 

You are insisting on a woman president, ronjanec? Suits me but Biv has such a great sense of humor and if anything is needed on that job, it is a strong sense of humor.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 13th, 2016, 4:03 pm 

vivian maxine » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:54 pm wrote:You are insisting on a woman president, ronjanec? Suits me but Biv has such a great sense of humor and if anything is needed on that job, it is a strong sense of humor.

No, I am thinking that the Dems will insist on a woman candidate in the next election just like the previous one.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 13th, 2016, 4:29 pm 

Senator elect Tammy Duckworth from Illinois, will probably be one of the most credible Dem primary candidates in the 2020 race for President, and you heard it here first(I have met Tammy, and even a Republican like myself likes and respects her)
Last edited by ronjanec on November 13th, 2016, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on November 13th, 2016, 4:37 pm 

ronjanec » November 13th, 2016, 3:03 pm wrote:
vivian maxine » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:54 pm wrote:You are insisting on a woman president, ronjanec? Suits me but Biv has such a great sense of humor and if anything is needed on that job, it is a strong sense of humor.

No, I am thinking that the Dems will insist on a woman candidate in the next election just like the previous one.

In other words, determined to prove a woman can lead? Why not? Germany did it. Great Britain did it. I'm sure there are others. And my understanding is that they both did a great job. Even Eleanor didn't do badly even if she did do it sotto voce.

Maybe both parties should have a woman candidate. That would eliminate one argument. I am not kidding myself about why some voted against Hillary. Neither is any other thinking person. We need to clear that issue.

All right. Biv, I fear you'll have to wait. Sorry about that.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 13th, 2016, 4:48 pm 

You think crazy Angie the destroyer of both Germany, and much of Europe, has done "a great job"? !!!
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on November 13th, 2016, 4:59 pm 

ronjanec » November 13th, 2016, 3:48 pm wrote:You think crazy Angie the destroyer of both Germany and Europe has done "a great job"!!!

There must be some reason they keep her on the job. I have a friend in Germany who often tells of her successes. I remember the period when most European countries were going through a depression but Germany stayed afloat. Granted, they later had some financial troubles of their own. Yes, I like what I hear of her.

One very impressive action: She did not buckle down to our government when it was discovered we were spying on her government, something I understand "just isn't done" -- although, of course, we all know is done. But I like the way she stood firm.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby curiosity on November 13th, 2016, 7:52 pm 

Do you really believe that the politician you voted for will do his job properly and represent you?

What strange things governments are... A politicians pay isn't too bad and there are plenty of perks too. For some reason, rich people enjoy passing money under the table to you, then all you have to do in return, is pretend that what they have told you to say, is all your own idea. Attempting to convince other politicians that there is merit in what you have been told to say, then getting them to vote in favour of it, sounds like rather a fun game too. It must sure as hell beat working for a living.
So...How about making politicians wear a Jog Suit with all their sponsors names emblazoned on it. At least you would know who and what you were really voting for !
The word lobbying was invented because bribery is too concise a word for politicians to use.
How about making politicians declare all bribes they accept. (Oops I meant to say donations not bribes.)

I suspect that until present, Donald has been more a passer than a receiver of under-table envelopes.
So why is he now rocking the boat?
Has he suddenly acquired a conscience?
What on earth is going on?

You think crazy Angie the destroyer of both Germany and Europe has done "a great job"!!!

I don't think the German electorate are very pleased with her, as she will find out for herself, come election time.
curiosity

Postby Serpent on November 13th, 2016, 8:59 pm 

It must be interesting to be on nickname terms with the most powerful people in the world.
If I were so privileged, I probably wouldn't insult all of them.
Serpent
Resident Member

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge Area