Page 5 of 5

Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 3:27 am
by Natural ChemE
ronjanec,

Okay, so you're saying that the DNC email leak is an example of a Leftist cover-up conspiracy, right?

Two things don't make sense to me:
  1. We heard all about the DNC issues months before the leaks came out, e.g. Is the DNC Chair too divisive to unify the party?, MSNBC (2016-05-25). The leaks gave us copies of her emails, showing us more details about what we already knew, and those were reported, too. How can such a well-covered topic be considered covered-up?
    • Sanders was far more liberal/Leftist than Clinton. Why would a Leftist conspiracy work against a Leftist candidate?

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: November 22nd, 2016, 4:25 am
    by ronjanec
    NCE,

    The issue of the DNC Chair possibly being too divisive to unify the party early on did not reflect negatively on HRC personally, or again the news media's preferred candidate for the Democratic nomination, so there was really no important reason to cover this up;

    But again, HRC actually being caught cheating and colluding with the powers that be in the DNC to unfairly deny the other Democratic candidates their fair chance for the nomination would have probably caused all hell to break loose in the campaign and in the national news, and would have probably forced her to drop out of the race.

    I honestly do not know why the DNC and the news media preferred the one lefty over the other NCE: They were personal friends? They wanted a woman President instead of a man? They thought she was the best option to win the election? They thought Sanders was actually an Independent and not a real Democrat?

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 15th, 2017, 8:14 pm
    by Braininvat
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQmbttoxUeE


    (If anyone recalls Mr. Richfield from the 90s tv series "Dinosaurs," you may find this of special interes....)

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 2:49 am
    by Dave_Oblad
    Hi Biv,

    Seen that video.. it's great. I wanted to give you a Like but no button on this Forum. Consider your post "Liked".

    Ps. I have the whole series on DVD. (Not the Momma!)

    Regards,
    Dave :^)

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 12:44 pm
    by Braininvat
    Thanks, Dave. Never saw the series, but now I want to have a look.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 3:28 pm
    by Serpent
    I loved Dinosaurs. Too bad it was cut off in the prime of life. Happens to all the shows i like.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 3:38 pm
    by ronjanec

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 2:46 pm
    by Braininvat
    Image

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 4:01 pm
    by Natural ChemE

    A good number of Americans are pretty gloomy about Trump taking office today, though you seem to be in good spirits!

    Could you share a good positive points that might be worth looking forward to?

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 20th, 2017, 5:12 pm
    by Braininvat
    http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/ ... -92378791/

    ...just to be clear on the highway sign pic -

    actually said "Consider Metro"

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 12:46 pm
    by Serpent
    All the climate science - and, just to be on the safe side, all science - data are to be hosted through China from now until further notice.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 1:19 pm
    by ronjanec
    NCE,

    I am optimistic and hopeful;

    That he will bring some manufacturing jobs back from outside the country.

    That he will be much tougher on immigration, so there will be more jobs for Americans, and also less of a threat from imported terrorism.

    That our domestic oil industry will really flourish under him.

    That he will get rid of NATO, and let the socialists in Europe start spending a lot more of their own money defending themselves.

    That he will help bring about the eventual demise of the EU and the UN...both mostly useless organizations in my opinion.

    That he will continue to make the fake news people look like the frauds and clowns that they are.

    That he will make our military stronger.

    That he will change many federal courts and the United States Supreme Court, by appointing conservative judges.

    That he will protect free speech on the internet, from the Liberal/Progressives.

    That he will change the education system, to have a more balanced ideological curriculum.

    That he will make the Veteren's Administration better for all vets.

    That he will support law enforcement in our country, instead of being their enemy like the previous administration.

    That he will help do something about all the murders and shootings in Chicago.

    That he do will something about North Korea, before it is too late.

    There is a lot more, and some of this is of course wishful thinking, but hopefully you can see why I am again optimistic about our new incoming President NCE.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 1:46 pm
    by Braininvat
    That he will protect free speech on the internet, from the Liberal/Progressives.


    I thought free speech rights extended to everyone, regardless of political affiliation. Did you notice he already shut down the National Park Service use of Twitter in the first 24 hours? Someone on the system may have posted something he didn't like, so NPS can't use Twitter now to issue information to citizens. It's linked over in the News/Inauguration thread, but I'm sure it can be googled easily. Whichever is quickest.

    Just sayin', Ron, keep a close eye on how Trump supports press freedom and individual free speech. If you ever have reason to question your optimism, I'm sure you will share it with us?

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 1:52 pm
    by Serpent
    ronjanec » January 21st, 2017, 12:19 pm wrote:NCE,

    I am optimistic and hopeful;

    That he will bring some manufacturing jobs back from outside the country.

    That he will be much tougher on immigration, so there will be more jobs for Americans, and also less of a threat from imported terrorism.

    That our domestic oil industry will really flourish under him.

    That he will get rid of NATO, and let the socialists in Europe start spending a lot more of their own money defending themselves.

    That he will help bring about the eventual demise of the EU and the UN...both mostly useless organizations in my opinion.

    That he will continue to make the fake news people look like the frauds and clowns that they are.

    That he will make our military stronger.

    That he will change many federal courts and the United States Supreme Court, by appointing conservative judges.

    That he will protect free speech on the internet, from the Liberal/Progressives.

    That he will change the education system, to have a more balanced ideological curriculum.

    That he will make the Veteren's Administration better for all vets.

    That he will support law enforcement in our country, instead of being their enemy like the previous administration.

    That he will help do something about all the murders and shootings in Chicago.

    That he do will something about North Korea, before it is too late.

    There is a lot more, and some of this is of course wishful thinking, but hopefully you can see why I am again optimistic about our new incoming President NCE.


    This is certainly in the right thread. Very effective, too! ROTFLMBHO

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 1:57 pm
    by ronjanec
    Just sayin Biv. It just seems all the previous recent talk of regulating and then trying to censor the Internet was coming from the left. And one of the greatest enemies of "free speech" today has also/already come from the left, or the doctrine of "political correctness".

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 2:08 pm
    by ronjanec
    Serpent,

    There is a rumour now circulating on the forum that you were personally in Washington during the Inauguration...was this actually you? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-2 ... -president ROTFLMAO :)

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 2:10 pm
    by Serpent
    I don't even subscribe to an air miles program. No way would i go to Washington.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 2:16 pm
    by ronjanec
    Serpent » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:10 pm wrote:I don't even subscribe to an air miles program. No way would i go to Washington.


    Well, I guess we will just have to take your word for it then. Stupid rumors.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 2:18 pm
    by Braininvat
    Ron, direct me to where are you seeing this evil spectre of political correctness being enforced on the Net? So far, your statement doesn't rise above rumor and innuendo. I look at the Net and see bucket of Far Right spittle flying everywhere. Ditto, when I turn on the radio. I'd say the PC threat is far more serious on college campuses, with all the trigger warnings and professorial pulpits and such. But the Internet seems to be wildly unconstrained in its political invective. I notice the first link you posted was a site run by a disgruntled Bulgarian ex-hedge fund manager. Fair and balanced, I'm sure! LMBHO.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 2:33 pm
    by Serpent
    ronjanec » January 21st, 2017, 1:16 pm wrote:
    Well, I guess we will just have to take your word for it then. Stupid rumors.

    Choose the operative word carefully.

    So, you are determined to be the last person on earth to ..... whatever. It would be funny if.... whatever.
    I don't suppose the pathos is any deeper than it was at the fall of previous civilizations.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 2:56 pm
    by ronjanec
    Political correctness is mostly just enforced today on the MSM net Biv. If the left gets their way in the future, this will also be enforced on the conservative net, and in the same process limiting many millions of people's free speech rights.

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 21st, 2017, 3:40 pm
    by ronjanec
    Biv,

    If you don't like Zerohedge, how about an even better and much funnier version of the same video from a brand new(2 days old) Drudge Report like website in the U.K.? Those Brits really know how to do satire!

    http://www.westmonster.com/watch-anti-t ... n-violent/

    I guess the new websites homepage is even too new for a Google search? http://www.westmonster.com

    Re: final shots (for humor purposes only)

    PostPosted: January 22nd, 2017, 12:45 pm
    by Braininvat
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/22/a ... t-snl.html

    Some amusing remarks about racial politics from a "brown guy."