End of the world dream location

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

End of the world dream location

Postby BadgerJelly on November 25th, 2016, 1:31 pm 

You, for what ridiculous and elaborate/mundane reason you can concoct, have a free ticket to any location on Earth and the world (or your life) will end.

Where would you spend your final moments? Partying on a beach? Sitting a top a mountain? Swimming with whalea?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Re: End of the world dream location

Postby Dave_Oblad on November 26th, 2016, 8:17 am 

Hi BJ,

Given a free ticket with the consequence of ending the world or my life.. no thanks.. I'll stay at home.

I'll probably die alone. But if Whalea is a cute young Blond, I might make an exception.

Best wishes,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby BadgerJelly on November 26th, 2016, 9:02 am 

You'd choice to die at home on your couch? The question was not an either or, you die regardless that day.

Home may have appeal to you and maybe most. I ask because I am interested to see where people would go, or not go in your case?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby NoShips on November 26th, 2016, 9:05 am 

I choose a nice hospital with a catheter for every hole.

Go down fully plugged, I always say.
NoShips
Banned User

Postby ronjanec on November 26th, 2016, 12:37 pm 

I'm also with Dave on this one BJ: And I would just stay here at home in the city that I have always loved, eating a big pizza while blasting out Mozart's Requiem(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI) right up to the very end. :)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Dave_Oblad on November 26th, 2016, 3:26 pm 

Hi BJ,

I was being facetious but honestly.. I have no loved ones and I've done everything on my bucket list.. so my answer remains: to die at home. It would be handy to know how my death will occur. If it will be painful or instantaneous because if painful and slow.. (Ie: the Sun is going Nova) then I'd make a pit-stop at the Hospital and load up on Morphine. An overdose of Morphine is the best way to die. I'd also (like Ron) put on some cool Music while waiting for the Morphine to do its job.

Most likely I'd pick:

"Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgtEUr_n9vM

"Clair de Lune"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXl4y6D-QI

But if I was in a real hurry to die then perhaps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7O91GDWGPU

Thanks for the rather macabre Thread Theme BJ.. I think...lol.

Best wishes,

Edits: Spelling and last theme added.
Last edited by Dave_Oblad on November 26th, 2016, 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on November 26th, 2016, 3:35 pm 

I'd want to fly to where the action is. If it's 100% certain that death is imminent I want to look right into the face of its entropic chaos... like If it's a meteor coming down, I want to be right at the center of the impact.... but that's the only scenario I can think of actually where death is 100% certain. Everything else seems like there is a chance to survive and I would seek the place most likely to survive or be at the center of action for a solution.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby vivian maxine on November 26th, 2016, 3:47 pm 

Somehow my post got lost in the shuffle. Shall try again. I said I like your choice of music, Dave. Very soothing. Where I'd want to go is Mongolia. Always wanted to go to Mongolia.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on November 26th, 2016, 6:02 pm 

vivian maxine » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:47 pm wrote:Somehow my post got lost in the shuffle. Shall try again. I said I like your choice of music, Dave. Very soothing. Where I'd want to go is Mongolia. Always wanted to go to Mongolia.

If you like 'Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini' Vivian(and Dave), you will probably (also) really love listening to this movie soundtrack: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=paU0yFZ-l3E
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Serpent on November 26th, 2016, 10:28 pm 

BadgerJelly » November 25th, 2016, 12:31 pm wrote:You, for what ridiculous and elaborate/mundane reason you can concoct, have a free ticket to any location on Earth and the world (or your life) will end.

It matters which.
If the whole world is ending, I'll load up the SO, the beasties and a day's supply of the best comestibles and drive the old van to hilltop in the woods.

If it's just my own life, I'll clean up my room, write down where I left stuff they'll need and say goodbye.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby NoShips on November 26th, 2016, 10:30 pm 

LOL!

Erm, why clean the room again?
NoShips
Banned User

Postby BadgerJelly on November 26th, 2016, 11:20 pm 

Serpent -

In your case then I meant "world".
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby NoShips on November 26th, 2016, 11:28 pm 

All I know is Badger is absurdly clever.
Don't die just yet. We need badgers like you.
NoShips
Banned User

Postby Serpent on November 27th, 2016, 12:03 am 

NoShips » November 26th, 2016, 9:30 pm wrote:LOL!

Erm, why clean the room again?

So that someone else won't have to. You'll understand when you're older.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on November 27th, 2016, 12:22 am 

NoShips -

I admit I am absurd at least! Everything else is probably circumstantial.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on November 27th, 2016, 6:54 am 

ronjanec » November 26th, 2016, 5:02 pm wrote:
vivian maxine » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:47 pm wrote:Somehow my post got lost in the shuffle. Shall try again. I said I like your choice of music, Dave. Very soothing. Where I'd want to go is Mongolia. Always wanted to go to Mongolia.

If you like 'Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini' Vivian(and Dave), you will probably (also) really love listening to this movie soundtrack: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=paU0yFZ-l3E

Sounds like Joshua Bell. Beautiful. I'll go back later and listen to the whole 30-some minutes. For now, only an introductions. Thank you so much. A good way to start the day.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby NoShips on November 27th, 2016, 7:26 am 

Wanna join my Surd club?
NoShips
Banned User

Postby BadgerJelly on November 27th, 2016, 8:41 am 

Only if I can be √3/√3
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby NoShips on November 27th, 2016, 8:42 am 

Be anything you like. I never understand anyway.

I'll be in charge of your public relations.
NoShips
Banned User

Postby Braininvat on November 27th, 2016, 11:23 am 

CLEAN YOUR ROOM?

SIT AT HOME?

I'm not sure some of you are getting into the spirit of this clever thread. You're supposed to creatively summon a place, a scene of wonder, joy, and debauchery! "Yosemite valley with champagne, a table groaning with culinary delights, expensive hookers, my bestest dog, and a jug band playing Beethoven's "Pathetique" -- that sort of thing.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Serpent on November 27th, 2016, 11:38 am 

Are you sure the members of the jug-band want to end their lives in the middle of a set?
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 27th, 2016, 1:30 pm 

LOL. Or do the hookers want to greet the oncoming asteroid while on the clock? Do the 5 star chefs want to cook for you at all, let alone haul the savory dishes out to Yosemite? It all falls apart so quickly. The world ends, as TS Eliot says, not with a bang but a whimper.

But, trying for a real answer, I could see picking a place with a good view, if there was one and the end were not something like
"World simply vaporizes, instantly and without any visual warning." It does cross my mind that one could spend the preceding day or days, if there is a longer warning, doing all those fun things that are destructive and ecologically harmful, since it simply won't matter. Blow up a redwood tree, roast and eat an endangered species, burn a Starbuck's to the ground (ditto WalMart), take a sledge to your least-liked public sculpture, eat 7 triple bacon cheeseburgers, run down white orchids with a Hummer, start up a jet and toss plastic statues of Ronald McDonald into the engine intakes, really, whatever doesn't spoil or interfere with the final activities of others. (so, maybe you can't take more than your share of cheeseburgers or torch the Starbucks where the couple next door first met, or ruin the jet engine that some group wants to use to see the End from 35000 ft. up...) I'd settle for the beach at Bandon, Oregon, with the spouse and a decent red ale.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Serpent on November 27th, 2016, 3:05 pm 

Hey, I like the torching part! Somewhere deep inside, do we not all harbour a juvenile arsonist? And here, I was ready to settle for a modest little campfire, like we used to make, only this time, pass the Glenlivet back and forth instead of the Captain Morgan.
You have truly opened my eyes.
Yes, indeed! Instead of spending our last-but-12 hours on airliners heading for New Zealand, we could have a good old riot. (Just don't read Bradbury!)
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby Dave_Oblad on November 27th, 2016, 3:06 pm 

Hi All,

Assuming the "And" function of the OP.. then the world will end regardless of what we chose to do. So I must conclude we have some idea of how much time we have left.. Days, Hours or Minutes. This would have an effect on my choice of Music. Hence I added my 3rd choice if we only had minutes left and was in a "hurry to die" situation. Personally, I thought such a choice was very funny.. hence my selection of the "William Tell Overture"... ;^P

Now if It was a "Zombie Apocalypse", my choice of actions would include going/exploring everyplace I'm normally not allowed to go.. Area 51, the Vatican, the Girls Restroom.. etc.

Regards,
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Postby Serpent on November 27th, 2016, 3:10 pm 

Dave, I'd reverse the order of breaki-ins. Maybe some of those girls would love to come along.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 27th, 2016, 4:57 pm 

Heh.

Re, "....Area 51, the Vatican, the Girls Restroom.. etc."

3 places I usually don't see in the same sentence.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby NoShips on November 27th, 2016, 5:56 pm 

I'm calling the police
NoShips
Banned User

Postby Serpent on November 27th, 2016, 7:39 pm 

NoShips » November 27th, 2016, 4:56 pm wrote:I'm calling the police

They won't come. Too busy surfing, feasting, looking at vulcanos, shooting all the perps they weren't allowed to before, and that one guy, dancing in Swan lake.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby NoShips on November 27th, 2016, 7:43 pm 

the Salvation Army then
NoShips
Banned User

Postby Serpent on November 27th, 2016, 8:57 pm 

Ya, they'll want a look in the Vatican, just before the end: See what yous missed?
Serpent
Resident Member

Next

Return to Lounge Area