Seasons Greetings!

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Seasons Greetings!

Postby ronjanec on December 23rd, 2016, 4:52 pm 

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone has a really wonderful holiday season!
ronjanec
Resident Member

Re: Seasons Greetings!

Postby Dave_Oblad on December 23rd, 2016, 5:31 pm 

Thanks,

Same right back at you Ron.

Enjoy..
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ronjanec on December 23rd, 2016, 11:44 pm 

Dave_Oblad » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:31 pm wrote:Thanks,

Same right back at you Ron.

Enjoy..

Thanks Dave.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Dave_C on December 25th, 2016, 8:50 pm 

Merry Christmas! It's been a good year. :)

My best Christmas gift was 2 cases of wine...

Nothing wrong with buying your own Christmas gift, right?
Dave_C

Postby toucana on December 26th, 2016, 8:38 pm 

toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Braininvat on December 27th, 2016, 5:06 pm 

Hope you all had too much fun.

BTW, this year seems to have been hard on baby boomers, all these famous people dying prematurely - just heard that Carrie Fisher died, age 60. Did my generation (the talented Ms. Fisher and I were born a month apart) have too many recreational drugs? Just a random statistical blip I guess.

Man that lady could write. The Dorothy Parker of my generation.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Dave_Oblad on December 27th, 2016, 8:25 pm 

Hi Folks,

And I thought I was the only person to notice how many Celebs have passed in the last month. Very sad. RIP Carrie Fisher and all you others.

But.. I don't think we have seen the last of many of them. CGI is getting so good that soon.. most characters in the Movies will be CGI. Why should Chris Pratt do so much work if he can just sign the rights to use his CGI character over to a studio and still get paid? I'm sure most of you noticed Carrie Fisher's appearance, in her youthful prime, at the end of Rogue One? Or young Arnold Schwarzenegger in one of the last Terminator sequels? Or the quality of the CGI characters in Avatar?

I predict that within 10 years, you will be able to scan/load any book off the net.. put any Hollywood characters you want into the various roles, including yourself, and Crank out a Movie with Studio Quality. If everyone starts making high quality 3D movies with famous characters.. in just a few hours on their computer.. what's going to happen to the Movie Studios?

I personally can't wait to put myself into a homemade love scene with Jennifer Lawrence. The only thing better is to put my real self into such a role in VR. Honestly, perhaps the best solution to world warfare is to make super VR real cheap and we can all be Hero's in our own VR worlds.

It would be so addictive, nobody would want to leave VR. Watch for mass migration to the Bio-Warehouses, that take care of your body, while you spend all your time in VR. AI supervised robotic farming and nutrition labs will keep you alive. I'm sure we will get Virtual Families too. No reason to Marry with a designed perfect mate being available. Will we be the first Civilization to go this route? Is this why SETI can't find other Civilizations out in the Cosmos?

Anyway.. there would finally be Peace on Earth.. at least outside VR.. lol.

Matrix.. here we come with open arms.

Best regards all,
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Braininvat on December 28th, 2016, 1:24 pm 

How quickly we go from holiday greetings to dystopian futures where we all lie in, er, vats, living in computer-generated fantasies. Love scenes with J-Law are quite tempting (she seems to be both a great actress and a supersexy kitten when she wants to be), but if there's a Matrix, I will be one of the guys running around with a suitcase full of Semtek, looking for the server farm. With Jennifer Lawrence by my side, if possible. :-)
Braininvat
Resident Member

Return to Lounge Area