What is your realm?

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

What is your realm?

Postby Athena on April 3rd, 2017, 1:47 pm 

Here is a definition of the word realm.

Realm | Define Realm at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/realm
the realm of England. the region, sphere, or domain within which anything occurs, prevails, or dominates: the realm of dreams. the special province or field of something or someone: the realm of physics; facts within the realm of political scientists.

I am of the domestic female realm. I am the matriarch of my family and as such I can be very arrogant at times, because of assuming I rule. Laugh, and as I write this, I realize the forums and professions are not my realms, and that when I cross into someone else's realm I need to respect the rules of other realms.

I am aware of having wars when others do not respect the rules of my realm, or when I do not feel respected as the queen I believe myself to be. I am not sure the wars fought in my realm are so different from international wars?

Just for fun, I would like to know about other people's realms and points of view for determining what reality is. As a domestic woman, human feelings are all important, and surely this not true of all realms.
Athena
Banned User

Re: What is your realm?

Postby Dave_Oblad on April 4th, 2017, 4:00 am 

Hi Athena,

My Realm is Electronics and Computer Science (Light on the Math). I've created a hypothetical Model of the Universe (called a CA) that seems very efficient at providing insights into how our Universe came about and how it works.

I tried several Forums before settling here (for about 7 years now). Most other Forums seemed very hostile to participate within. Loaded with ego and folks anxious to prove how smart they are and how stupid you must be. Easy to get banned if one suggests an alternate explanation to established Canon Science.

Their basic motto is: "We Say So". Or.. "Shut Up and Calculate".

Even here.. there was a system that got you voted out if you dared to disagree with an Expert.

Fortunately, that system was replaced with a kinder and more fair system that allowed some controversy. People get banned here mostly because of attitude and Troll-Like behavior. All in all, this site has provided a good environment that makes people feel welcome and encourages the exploration of all ideas, good or bad.

A great place to learn without being made to feel stupid or inferior. Gotta love that.

I'm alone (wife passed away, no kids, outlived everyone I was close to), semi-retired, going fully retired in the next few months. I'm tired of the highly complex world I live in.. given my choice of vocation. I had a great life and now ready to go to pasture.. no regrets.

This place is my home away from home. Love most of the people here. I don't hate anyone here. Even the few antagonists are basically good people and usually fair.. even when polarized by opposite opinions.

I have to balance my posts between being repetitious and realizing there is a constant parade of new people passing through that haven't been exposed to my ideas. I want them to be encouraged to be brave enough to express their ideas publicly.. without fear of reprisal.

Best wishes,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Athena on April 5th, 2017, 11:08 am 

Dave, do you want to explain the following again, or direct me to a previous post?

My Realm is Electronics and Computer Science (Light on the Math). I've created a hypothetical Model of the Universe (called a CA) that seems very efficient at providing insights into how our Universe came about and how it works.

When you retire, what will your realm be like? You will of course, continue here, but that leaves you a lot of time. What will do to keep your identity intact? For example, I still have a lot of family that supports my identity as a matriarch and fills many of hours. Hum, now that I am thinking how to answer my own question, it is obvious I need to find a writing group. Maybe the writing group will have to wait until winter because now it is time to work in the garden. What will you do?
Athena
Banned User

Postby Dave_Oblad on April 5th, 2017, 2:22 pm 

Hi Athena,

The Model I defined is related to my Hobby in Metaphysics.
http://sciencechatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=30776

My previous Hobby was Digital Art.. then I started thinking about Gravity.. then about the nature of our Reality. So I dropped my Art Hobby and went searching for a Site to test and refine my ideas. After several false starts, I found this place and settled down. On the side, I got a good education in Relativity from Jorrie.

As for keeping myself busy, I already started on a Graphic-Illustrated Novel for Children, which I hope to complete soon after I retire. Here is an Image of the Cover Page:

Coverpage.jpg
In The Times of Chira

It first follows the Life of Chira, from Birth to Marriage. She is born into Sorcery, has created her own Dragon (Scurge), and is battling an Evil Sorcerer named Savoric, at his Castle Stronghold, as seen in the Cover Page above. Book one is mostly about her growing up in a Male dominated world that looks down on Magic, especially when wielded by a strong Female character.

Later books will cover her Children and Grandchildren, all powerful in the ways of Magic and each with their own story.. in the Eternal battle against Evil dominion over Earth, the Universe and Alternate Realities.

Kind of a Mix between "Harry Potter" and "A Wrinkle in Time.

Each Page has a full Graphic Illustration. Here is Chira at 18, being accepted into the Guild of Sorcerers:

ChiraHome.jpg
Chira at 18

I have to run.. back to the Grindstone. Later..

Best wishes,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Athena on April 6th, 2017, 3:28 pm 

Wow you really are a person to ask about his realm. That is really cool.

I began written what I hoped would be a children's textbook for teaching democracy, but it needed pictures and I am not an artist. Another major problem is the reasoning for democracy is not compatible with Christianity.

Smile, you wrote...

"This would apply to all Math. All Math Existed at the very beginning of Time, waiting to be discovered. And if every Equation existed since time began, then so did all their respective solutions. The Equations and Solutions are Mathematical Truths.. and are therefore Timeless."

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Wouldn't it be great if we understood the language of God is math?

You said..."Now that I have an absolute Nothing.. can we get a Universe from it? YES! Because the one thing we can't exclude is Truth, because Truth has no Physical Properties. As stated in my opening.. Mathematical Truths are Timeless and Truths don't occupy any Space. They simply Exist. And that's all we really need."

Quantum physics, it all comes from the nothing.

You said.. " Of course Pi is a simple little one dimensional Universe that has no choice to be other than it is."
Oh how sad. I have heard this is the same predicament that God found Himself in. I didn't realize Pi is one dimensional. Have you by chance seen the movie "Flatland"?

You said... "that the vast majority of such Mathematical Universes will never amount to anything. Just plain old Junk. But some will be awesome and highly complex, even with simple rules for the relationships of the Basic Cells".

The genetic code is the set of rules by which information encoded within genetic material (DNA or mRNA sequences) is translated into proteins by living cells. Translation is accomplished by the ribosome, which links amino acids in an order specified by mRNA, using transfer RNA (tRNA) molecules to carry amino acids and to read the mRNA three nucleotides at a time. The genetic code is highly similar among all organisms and can be expressed in a simple table with 64 entries.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_code

You said..." So since they take up no Real Space, there is room for an Infinite number of Universes, each with its own set of rules."

Totally awesome.

This observation, of one type with innumerable products, gives rise to the old philosophical problem of the One and Many. The problem is that, whereas the Many are visible and tangible and can be examined at leisure, the One is never seen or sensed, and its very existence is only inferred through the evident effect it has upon its products, the Many. Yet, Paradoxically the One is more truly real than the Many. In the visible world of nature all is flux....." John Michell Geometry and the Quest for Reality.
Athena
Banned User

Return to Lounge Area