Trip to Guyana

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Trip to Guyana

Postby BadgerJelly on October 28th, 2017, 8:25 am 

Planning brief trip to Guyana and would like to know what kind of questions you guys would like to hear the answers to from these people.

Hoping to get to some remote areas and would like to compile a mini social survey of the people's in the areas I manage to visit.

Any suggestions or ideas?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Re: Trip to Guyana

Postby zetreque on October 28th, 2017, 12:06 pm 

-Indigenous rights.

-Is a large percentage of the population an artifact of the slave trade in the colonization era? I'd be curious about the mix of them into the indigenous populations and the lifestyle of the indigenous population before immigrants. Could one draw parallels from their past to present day other countries and their partisan ideas of immigration?

-I'm also always curious about prehistoric diets. What did people first eat when they moved into the area thousands of years ago?
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby BadgerJelly on October 29th, 2017, 2:34 am 

Well, I know a little of this already.

I know that Indians populated the area as well as Africans. I remember reading something a while back about how Hinduism was meshed in with African and local traditions (really interested to hear more about this first hand as I am particularly interested in how religious myths intertwine.)

Here is a little wiki info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guyana

Hopefully if all goes to plan I can find a decent job there so I can figure out a way to live there for a year or so at the beginning of 2019 :)
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Ecklund on November 20th, 2017, 12:46 pm 

This survey sounds like a great idea. I'm looking forward to reading about it when it's done.
Ecklund
Forum Neophyte

Return to Lounge Area