Page 1 of 1

Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 11th, 2019, 11:20 pm
by ronjanec
I just finished watching/streaming this show on Amazon Prime, and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Re: Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 12th, 2019, 1:24 pm
by BadgerJelly
Censored on HBO here :(

Re: Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 12th, 2019, 1:48 pm
by ronjanec
BadgerJelly » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:24 am wrote:Censored on HBO here :(


Really!? Why BJ?

Re: Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 12th, 2019, 3:28 pm
by Serpent
Mistakes were made....

The big cover thingy was pretty cool. If it's the same doc I've seen.

Re: Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 12th, 2019, 4:44 pm
by ronjanec
Serpent » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:28 pm wrote:Mistakes were made....

The big cover thingy was pretty cool. If it's the same doc I've seen.


Spoiler alert everyone...

What I found that was really mind boggling, was that they had talked about a real nightmare scenario(Fact? We are again talking about the entertainment industry here) where if something had happened, the reactor would have exploded with the force of 2 to 4 megatons!!! This of course never happened, but can you just imagine it if it had? Wow!

I have always been pro-nuclear power, and I actually used to sell products that were used in nuclear power plant construction and general maintenance(valves and pipe fitting etc.), but after seeing this mini series, I’m not so sure about that anymore. We are of course talking about a earlier design for a nuclear reactor that I don’t believe is used anywhere else in the world today but still?

Re: Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 12th, 2019, 6:41 pm
by Serpent
ronjanec » June 12th, 2019, 3:44 pm wrote:I have always been pro-nuclear power, and I actually used to sell products that were used in nuclear power plant construction and general maintenance(valves and pipe fitting etc.), but after seeing this mini series, I’m not so sure about that anymore. We are of course talking about a earlier design for a nuclear reactor that I don’t believe is used anywhere else in the world today but still?

Cehrnobyl was a later design than Three Mile Island; Fukushima was designed later than Chernobyl....
but now we know how to do it foolproof!
And if it works perfectly for twenty or thirty years, it will be decommissioned for about $600 million (and rising) and the waste buried *safely* in it.

Re: Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 12th, 2019, 7:09 pm
by ronjanec
Serpent,

And after seeing the terrible effects of the radiation on those poor people, I am even more terrified of a nuclear war ever happening than even before!

Re: Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 13th, 2019, 12:47 am
by Serpent
ronjanec » June 12th, 2019, 6:09 pm wrote:Serpent,

And after seeing the terrible effects of the radiation on those poor people, I am even more terrified of a nuclear war ever happening than even before!


Well, you know which fat finger you placed on that button!

Re: Chernobyl mini series on HBO

PostPosted: June 13th, 2019, 1:05 am
by BadgerJelly
Probably because it’s deemed anti-Russian.