Dog Drives Car In Reverse For An Hour

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Dog Drives Car In Reverse For An Hour

Postby toucana on November 22nd, 2019, 6:24 pm 

Residents of a neighborhood in Port St. Lucie woke up Thursday morning to find a mysterious gray sedan doing circles in reverse in a cul-de-sac for about an hour, WPBF, a South Florida news station, reported.

URL Huff_Post

“First I thought I saw somebody backing up, but then they kept going and I’m like, ‘OK, what are they doing?’” neighbor Anne Sabol told the news station.

Police and firefighters arrived on the scene. Upon closer inspection, there did appear to be a driver and, well, it was … a dog.

Sabol wasn’t yet aware who the driver was until police eventually figured out how to stop the pooch’s joyride by punching a passcode in the driver’s side door.

“Then I saw the dog get out of the car, a big black Lab or something, and I’m like, ‘This is turning weird,’” Sabol told WPBF.

Police told local news outlets that the dog’s owner, who asked to remain anonymous, left the car running when he stepped out of his vehicle and somehow his four-legged friend, who was still in the car,  knocked it into reverse.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Dog Drives Car In Reverse For An Hour

Postby TheVat on November 23rd, 2019, 9:10 pm 

Weird. For some reason, it reminds me of the old political joke in the USA, "Voting is like shifting gears in a car with automatic: R is for going backwards, D is for going forward."
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Return to Lounge Area