Creative writing forum?

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

Creative writing forum?

Postby davidm on December 12th, 2019, 3:44 pm 

Might any be interested in setting up a sub-forum devoted to creative writing? This would include fiction, poetry, and anything else.

I am a published fiction writer, and I’m currently putting the finishing touches on on a 70,000-word sci-fi novel (lending it some relevance to the science focus of this forum). I also seem to recall TheVat saying he was working on a creative-writing project, and I know BadgerJelly is a fiction writer. I am also a very good editor, having worked for 18 years at the New York Times, and the editor in me very much enjoys giving constructive feedback on anyone’s writing. I’d like to see Vat’s work. :-)

Possibly such a forum would attract a few more members, too.

Were anyone interested in doing this, though, the sub-forum would have to be restricted to members-only (those who are logged in). If the sub-forum were available for non-members to view (i.e., can be found on search engines by non-members), I have learned through sad experience that no magazine or other venue will buy it, because it is deemed already published.
davidm

Re: Creative writing forum?

Postby TheVat on December 13th, 2019, 3:20 pm 

We have a couple members who put their stuff up (poetry mostly) in the Arts subforum.

The software doesn't allow non-public forums (except for an admin or moderator).

I'll check back on this thread in a while. Thanks for suggesting.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby BurtJordaan on December 14th, 2019, 1:50 am 

I would be interested. If it is only a limited number of persons, why not make them all mods (or special mods)?
BurtJordaan
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby TheVat on December 14th, 2019, 12:41 pm 

Difficult. And tends to be exclusionary, something I'd like to avoid here. But the Feedback Forum is only visible to logged in members, and soliciting comments on one's writing is, er, asking for feedback. :-)

It would be public in the sense of visible to all members, and non-public in the copyright law sense that David mentioned.
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby Dave_C on December 15th, 2019, 1:36 pm 

I'd be interested too. I have a number of short stories I've done that I'd post just for fun.
Dave_C

Return to Lounge Area