6 years and 500+ posts later

A place to sit back, relax, get to know each other, and talk about whatever you want to discuss or share with the group.
Forum rules
Please be sure to check the Rules & Guidelines

6 years and 500+ posts later

Postby Hendrick Laursen on February 18th, 2020, 2:26 am 

Hi again!
I've been not frequenting here like for the past two years, today I was searching the Google for something, and a result came from SPCF, and here I am again.

Well, I took some time reading some of my older posts. It's really staggering how strange some of my own posts and ideas now seem to me, some made me chuckle, some made me think, and some sounded totally estranged from "me". I guess our personality/inner essence is so fluid and dynamic that it never stays the same, like the great Heraclitus would say never you can cross the same river twice. You can't live the same moment twice, or that moments are so unique and irreplaceable, but their continuous nature tricks us into thinking they're repeatable. Alas!

So +500 posts later, here I am again, and wondering on my way past, looking into what future might look like. Well, if future has as many surprises as it had for me during this interval, I'll be much more eager than look forward to it.

Was it here's anonymous nature, was it that I was quite a teen when I started out, was it that I had never had a real philosophical feud before, or the environment here, I don't know, but I hold the memories dearly, I perceive it as my personal odyssey.

Someone once told, education is the sweet memory that remains after all knowledge fades away, I think I can relate to it for my experience here.

I wanted to drop a line and thank all those who had shared their time during the past, for allowing me to try seeing the world through their eyes by reading beyond their lines.

And special remembrance of Owleye, who remains for me one of my most dear friends (though I guess he was like 50 years older!), redundant questions never exhausted him, and his great grasp on philosophical matters never waned. I wish I had a mentor like him now.
Hendrick Laursen

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: 6 years and 500+ posts later

Postby SciameriKen on February 19th, 2020, 2:58 pm 

Good times indeed! I seem to circle back every year or so :) I know what you mean about the changing self though - nice insights!
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Re: 6 years and 500+ posts later

Postby Hendrick Laursen on February 19th, 2020, 3:43 pm 

َ@SciameriKen, thank you!
BTW I vaguely remember reading a post by you some years ago about Mississippi, the fact that I remember it means it must have been cool!
Hendrick Laursen

Blog: View Blog (6)

Return to Lounge Area