Notification Emails in Spam
Gmail has been known to send new post notification emails to spam.
To correct this problem:
1. Find the email in your spam folder and move it to the inbox by selecting it and clicking on the "Not spam" button at the top of the page.
2. Open the email in your inbox.
3. Click the drop down arrow on the top right of the message and selected "Filter messages like this"
4. In the window that pops up, select "Create filter with this search" (at the bottom right).
5. Select "Never send it to Spam"
6. "Create filter"