Tyranny by the Majority

Discussions on behavioral ecology, evolutionary psychology, neurology, endocrinology, game theory, etc.

Re: Tyranny by the Majority

Postby BadgerJelly on October 9th, 2016, 1:35 am 

They seriously made you gake down your trampoline? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Dave_Oblad on October 9th, 2016, 8:27 am 

Hi BJ,

It was that or make it inaccessible.

I was half expecting them to send me back a response requesting better accommodations for the Dog, a notification of intent to report me for having Dangerous Marine animals outside proper zoning for such and and being in violation of some law for the protection of endangered species in regards to the Raptors.

That would have indicated some sense of humor on their part.. but alas.. People of Authority seldom display any human traits, such as Humor, in dealing with us common folks.

Perhaps they appreciated the 8 hours of labor that went into the compliance image. Those reflections in the water and the shadows didn't happen by accident..lol.

So, tomorrow (Sunday) I paint my lawn green. Turns out that a small industry has risen of professional Lawn Painters here in SoCal. Isn't that crazy?

I actually moved out here on the edge of the desert so that when the big Earthquake finally destroys Los Angeles, I will be on the leading edge of the mob fleeing the devastation. I didn't check that I was literally directly over top the San Andreas Fault line, which I thought was on the other side of the Mountains to the North.

The last big quake I was in was early 70's and I think it was a level 7.2 or about. I had a view of a supermarket parking lot. The cars were bobbing up and down like boats on the ocean during a major storm. You could see 2 foot tall waves ripple across the ground. This next one one could be even bigger. Of course, we get small ones ranging from level 2 to 3.. several times a year.. and they rarely make the news. Did you know the scale for Earthquakes is exponential? Each number higher is 10 times greater the the previous number. That means that the difference between a 3 and a 7 is that a 7 is 10,000 times more powerful than a 3? A 3 feels like being on a water bed when your spouse flops down next to you. An 8 or higher? Forget it.. I'm out of here!

Oh BJ.. I don't know if I can take/get my Social Security Payments if I move out of country. But Seattle has another feature.. close to the Northern Boarder (Canada) in case the whole USA crashes (as some experts predict). And yes, I always try to get a seat near an Exit when I fly..lol.

Catch all later,

Regards,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby vivian maxine on October 9th, 2016, 8:50 am 

Dave, I think you can take your Social Security. What you cannot take is your Medicare. There's a funny situation in that regard in Canada. The only time you can collect in Canada is if you are on your way to Alaska. So, don't get sick in Ottawa but Vancouver might work if you can show you were traveling to Alaska.

Don't include emergency treatments in that story. I do not know about emergency treatments. Several of the supplemental policies do pay for emergency treatment when you are out of the country but does Medicare?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on October 9th, 2016, 10:15 am 

vivian maxine » October 8th, 2016, 8:12 am wrote:
braininvat wrote:I'm in South Dakota, the arid western edge of it, where snow is welcomed because it becomes water in the Spring.

And that water flows right on down to us. Thanks, Biv. :-)

You're welcome, he he. Some of it went into sunflowers, wheat, and burgers that arrived in your stores. Due to the Black Hills blocking some of the colder Canadian air, we are actually in a banana belt here relative to the rest of the state.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on October 9th, 2016, 10:18 am 

Oh BJ.. I don't know if I can take/get my Social Security Payments if I move out of country. But Seattle has another feature.. close to the Northern Boarder (Canada) in case the whole USA crashes (as some experts predict). And yes, I always try to get a seat near an Exit when I fly..lol.

I think you'd have to spend a minimum number of days in US? I know a guy from Australia who had retired and travelled back their to get full social benefit payments. Its probably worth considering right?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on October 9th, 2016, 10:28 am 

When I visited South Dakota - June 1972 (right after the Rapid City flood) - I met a friend in Rapid City who drove us out to the Badlands. Out there - in the middle of nowhere - was a man with a long 60-inch table set up to display all sorts of rocks. In the middle of the table was a sign that said "Please touch the rocks". The man explained that all through his childhood, everyone was constantly saying "Don't touch". It so annoyed him that he determined to encourage people to touch things. it's one of the senses we use to learn what things are.

Each of his rocks were labeled and he could tell you about them - their formation, where they were found, etc. I only remember his geode. Cut in half and beautiful inside. I had never known such existed.

I wonder if he is still out there. Probably not.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on October 9th, 2016, 10:39 am 

BadgerJelly » October 9th, 2016, 9:18 am wrote:

I think you'd have to spend a minimum number of days in US? I know a guy from Australia who had retired and travelled back their to get full social benefit payments. Its probably worth considering right?

http://www.elderlawanswers.com/getting- ... rseas-8301 The SSA will send checks to eligible retirees living outside the USA with a few exceptions. E.g. Not to Cuba or North Korea. There are other exceptions also. The article gives details.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Previous

Return to Behavioral Science