Stuck thought and psychological loop

Discussions on behavioral ecology, evolutionary psychology, neurology, endocrinology, game theory, etc.

Stuck thought and psychological loop

Postby Terry on December 1st, 2016, 4:11 am 

A condition in which oneself falls into a problem in the mind for which other people just see it not as any problem and thinks out all the ways to reject any resolution that come to him until no one can bring him out of that mentally problematic situation. Anyone encounter this before or have more ideas on it?
Terry

Re: Stuck thought and psychological loop

Postby Braininvat on December 1st, 2016, 10:56 am 

Due to fatigue on my part, or difficult sentence structure on yours, I can't quite follow. Could you present a concrete example to help clarify?
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby BadgerJelly on December 1st, 2016, 11:51 am 

Braininvat » December 1st, 2016, 10:56 pm wrote:Due to fatigue on my part, or difficult sentence structure on yours, I can't quite follow. Could you present a concrete example to help clarify?

Haha! Same thoughts here. Maybe we're both tired?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Athena on March 5th, 2017, 12:59 am 

When I was young I was constantly trying to help people think through their problems and they would always reject any possible solution and finally get really pissed because I thought there was a solution to the problem. A behavior that totally confused me because I assumed we talk about our problems to find solutions, but that was not want the other persons wanted. I guess what people wanted was sympathy, or maybe understanding about how bad it must be for her that she a had a problem and there was no solution to it. I learned to avoid these people because they really didn't want solutions. For whatever reason, they didn't want to do anything that changed their lives and brought an end the problem.

This youtube explains a lot about irrational thinking. If you leave it running there will be more and more explanations of faulty thinking and what we can do about it. If you watch long enough you get the suggestion to start everyday watching people behead someone. The idea is, compared to the person being beheaded, whatever problem you have it isn't that bad so get on with your life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjVQJdIrDJ0

Or you check this explanation of personality disorders and if this is the problem, professional help is needed.
http://www.healthofchildren.com/P/Perso ... rders.html
Athena
Banned User

vivian maxine liked this post

Return to Behavioral Science