Gravity

Discussions on introductory science topics. Ask simple or beginner questions and expect clear and level answers.

Gravity

Postby LogiK on November 13th, 2011, 4:14 am 

I often wonder why the scientific community sees gravity as an individual force. It seems to me, and I may be just improperly informed, but I feel if the universe is expanding at astronomical and increasingly exponential speeds that gravity is not considered as a byproduct of speed and rotation. Similar to centrifugal force, like our earth rotates on its axis. from suns to black wholes, the energy at the sub atomic level even has a factor and tremendous force.... perhaps I'm just a laymen, and though I have researched and read many published books by current and late physicist, astronomers, and astro-physicists in my own search for truth , I have yet to learn of any such perspective regarding this. Am I alone in this thought? Is it that sometimes it takes a laymen perspective? Or Am I completely off?! Although I understand in readings, I am not qualified in the mathematical calculations of physics, from the quantum level to the macro cosmic level and from the big bang until now. Just food for thought I have had and have yet to ask this simple question. I just feel that the speed of expansion within the universe from the big bang must be in some small way a factor in what causes gravitational forces.
LogiK
Forum Neophyte

Re: Gravity

Postby Fuqin on November 13th, 2011, 8:40 am 

that gravity is not considered as a byproduct of speed and rotation

Hi Logik, I’m another layman, the problem I see with this is if gravity were a by-product of speed and rotation planets and stars would have less density or mass at their centre’s than on their surfaces , think about it , there is more speed at the surface of the earth than at the centre,
Its pretty well established that gravity while still quit mysterious is linked to mass, and there is some rather interesting evidence of this , basically Gravity doesn’t exert an equal force everywhere on Earth,there are variations in subsurface density that effect its distribution, here's a map showing this

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/30/article-1290808-0A43D619000005DC-240_634x348.jpg

And here’s an educational article from USGS

http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs-0239-95/fs-0239-95.pdf
Fuqin
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Gravity

Postby Vysero on November 24th, 2011, 3:54 am 

Gravity may not be a force separate from the strong nuclear, weak nuclear and electromagnetic forces though right? I mean this might explain why physicists are having problems unifying the forces.
Vysero
Forum Neophyte

Return to Beginner Science