neutrons might be disappearing into a parallel world

Discussions on introductory science topics. Ask simple or beginner questions and expect clear and level answers.

neutrons might be disappearing into a parallel world

Postby tj444 on June 16th, 2012, 12:35 pm 

http://planetsave.com/2012/06/16/neutro ... lel-world/

Can someone explain the experiment?

How do you test if parallel universes are true and how long will it take to confirm or deny parallel universes?

How would a human travel to a parallel universe if this theory is true?
tj444

Re: neutrons might be disappearing into a parallel world

Postby ecstatic1tuda on June 16th, 2012, 1:16 pm 

The idea of parallel universes is rather simple when you consider the 2 perfect forms created by atoms in nature. These 2 are the perfect sphere and the perfect cube. Here's how it works by using your imagination. Close your eyes and try to imagine a form of any kind that has neither round or straight sides. If you find you can't imagine such a form take a piece of paper and pen and try to draw such a form that has no round or straight sides. It can't be done. Not even your body can be anything other than these 2 perfect forms. for example, you eyes are round. Your arm bones are straight. There is no such thing in nature that is not either round, straight, or a combination of the two forms of nature. Your fingers are round and straight. Even the letters of this writing are made of round ande straight forms. You can't sense anything that is not round, straight, or a combination of the 2. Therefore we must conclude that all universes are one universe of just one cube surrounding one sphere but appearing to be many different forms. This is my first post and my first time in a chat room. Thank you!
ecstatic1tuda
Forum Neophyte

Re: neutrons might be disappearing into a parallel world

Postby Marshall on June 16th, 2012, 1:21 pm 

tj444 wrote:http://planetsave.com/2012/06/16/neutrons-might-be-disappearing-into-a-parallel-world/

Can someone explain the experiment?

How do you test if parallel universes are true and how long will it take to confirm or deny parallel universes?

How would a human travel to a parallel universe if this theory is true?

You are late, TJ :-D
I already started the thread on this yesterday, in Physics forum. Check it out there.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22195

I will lock this thread so we don't have two separate parallel conversations about the same article.

It's not beginner science BTW, and their result needs to be confirmed---may not pan out.
==================

This is not about what people usually imagine as "parallel universes", it is a speculative idea involving yet another undiscovered particle---the "mirror neutron".
The part about "parallel universes" is journalistic/attention-getting hype.
there may be, in our universe, a kind of (dark matter) particle that somebody has decided to call mirror neutron. Or there may not be. I wouldnt bet on it.
Marshall
Honored Member

Return to Beginner Science