relativity

Discussions on introductory science topics. Ask simple or beginner questions and expect clear and level answers.

relativity

Postby kevin j miller on May 27th, 2016, 11:19 am 

Ok I'm not anything more than a science enthusiast. But I have a question. Is the act of merely existing not an action. Because if all of everything is existing it cannot have an equal and opposite because it would already be included in all of everything. also I believe this can be can be expressed by pie. 22/7 it is a basic mathematical action that cannot be made to equate. It goes on for infinity it has no opposite because it is infinite and cannot be inversely expressed. I was just sitting here wondering about it. Am I missing something because I have never heard of a mathematical action that results in going to infinity in the negative or equally opposite direction.
kevin j miller
Forum Neophyte

Re: relativity

Postby Eclogite on May 27th, 2016, 3:47 pm 

Action, in this context, relates to application of a force. While an object may be subject to a variety of forces, each of which would be considered an action, its mere existence does not constitute an action.

Nor does the action of dividing 22 by 7 constitute an action in the context of Newton' Laws since no force is applied.

Hope that helps.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby Dave_Oblad on May 27th, 2016, 6:10 pm 

Hi kevin j miller,

Welcome to the Forums.

Ok.. first you represented 22/7 as an approximation of Pi. So try this on your calculator (-22) / 7. It is the same answer but inversed (a negative number).

But anyway, to more directly address your question.. suppose at the moment of the Big Bang that two Universe were created. One of Matter and the other as Anti-Matter. Both on timelines in opposite directions. It doesn't matter if we count our time as 1,2,3,4,5 or -1,-2,-3,-4,-5.. as each clock tick moves Time further from Zero in opposite directions.

Now, if the separation of Creation had absolute symmetry, then every particle in this Universe has an exact Mate in the Mirror Universe doing the exact same thing exactly at the same time but opposite distance from center Time.

So you could have a perfect Mirror Clone made of Anti-Matter that is reading this right now as you are reading this., but on the opposite side of the Timeline.

Also, in my book, the mere act of Existing is an Action because you are being propagated through Time. Every atom of your body is in motion. Your are composed of Actions in a constant struggle between electrical attraction and photon exchanges between particles that are the basis of electromagnetism.

Also, none of this is related to Relativity at this point.. but that may come up later.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Dave_Oblad on May 27th, 2016, 9:07 pm 

Hi again,

Just a quick article I ran across that could be of interest regarding my post above:
http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-propose-a-mirror-universe-where-time-moves-backwards?utm_source=Article&utm_medium=Website&utm_campaign=InArticleReadMore

Best wishes,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to Beginner Science