Hottest day in human recorded history

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Re: Hottest day in human recorded history

Postby Braininvat on December 3rd, 2016, 1:03 pm 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/science/global-warming-daily-mail-breitbart.html

About misreporting of climate findings by partisan news sources.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Athena on December 27th, 2016, 12:22 am 

Braininvat » April 22nd, 2016, 5:47 pm wrote:Right below the article/photos you linked was an ad for luxury SUVs. Heh.

I spent Earth Day, as I spend many days now, restoring an old house that would otherwise get the wrecking ball and then require chopping down a bunch of trees to replace it. Am currently trying to stop the city from demolishing another old wreck, which i believe has good structural timber and is worth salvaging.

Thank you. I love old buildings and homes and I wish we did a better job of restoring them.
Athena

Postby Athena on December 27th, 2016, 12:27 am 

uninfinite » April 29th, 2016, 5:48 am wrote:If I may be forgiven for interjecting some positivity into this debate, 2015 spending on renewable energy reached a record high of approximately $285bn - up from the previous record of $215bn in 2011.

This is a link to 'global trends in renewable energy investment' website:

http://fs-unep-centre.org/publications/ ... tment-2015

President Carter had us conserving and developing alternative energy. Reagan said that was not necessary and dismantled what Carter set up. We could be much further ahead if we had stayed on the path Carter put us on.
Athena

Postby zetreque on December 30th, 2016, 1:29 am 

Effectively communicating climate change is a challenge. The animated climate spiral is a different way to show the historically observed changes and resonates with a broad audience. The original version quickly went viral, being seen millions of times on facebook and twitter. A version was even used in the opening ceremony of the Rio Olympics!

This page will provide regularly updated versions of the climate spiral for several different aspects of the climate. The graphics are free to use with appropriate credit – just click the links for the full versions to download

http://www.climate-lab-book.ac.uk/spirals/
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Previous

Return to News Discussion Forum