Here comes chocolate - again

Anyone can post and discuss breaking science news or science-related public policy, that interests them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Here comes chocolate - again

Postby vivian maxine on April 29th, 2016, 9:26 am 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 124108.htm

It isn't really news despite being in today's Science Daily but it's still encouraging. Only problem is it only says it reduces the risk of heart trouble and diabetes. It doesn't say what happens with persons who already have these problems. At least I don't read it that way.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: Here comes chocolate - again

Postby uninfinite on April 29th, 2016, 10:19 am 

This study is based upon reported consumption, and related to liver enzyme and metabolic function - such that it's merely a statistical correlation - not observed experimental results. The report acknowledged this. I'm not saying it's making claims it's not. But I wouldn't have thought this would be a very difficult theory to test in the real world - which makes me wonder why they have gone to the trouble of establishing a statistical correlation in the first place? Just bring on the bon bons, lady!
uninfinite

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Here comes chocolate - again

Postby vivian maxine on April 29th, 2016, 11:06 am 

uninfinite » April 29th, 2016, 9:19 am wrote:This study is based upon reported consumption, and related to liver enzyme and metabolic function - such that it's merely a statistical correlation - not observed experimental results. The report acknowledged this. I'm not saying it's making claims it's not. But I wouldn't have thought this would be a very difficult theory to test in the real world - which makes me wonder why they have gone to the trouble of establishing a statistical correlation in the first place? Just bring on the bon bons, lady!

Thanks for the feedback. That helps but I'm not parting with my bon bons. :-)
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Science News Discussion Forum