World Listening Day July 18th

Anyone can post and discuss breaking science news or science-related public policy, that interests them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

World Listening Day July 18th

Postby zetreque on July 17th, 2016, 7:14 pm 

8th annual

World Listening Day 2016’s theme, “Sounds Lost and Found,” calls on reminiscing, listening and observing what changes in our soundscapes have occurred in recent decades—be it language, nature, technology, music or even silence itself.

Some Questions of Inquiry

How do our environmental, social and technological perceptions and understandings of change exist within the spectrum of sound?
How do our understandings of listening and sounds morph as human intention and activity changes relationships between humans, the built environment, and nature?

This theme ultimately encourages awareness, a deep aural attention to our surroundings through the recognition of the variables that define the acoustic ecology of our lived environment, and a recognition that sounds of the past are different from sounds of the present or future.

THE WORLD LISTENING PROJECT (WLP) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization devoted to understanding the world and its natural environment, societies and cultures through the practices of listening and field recording.

http://www.worldlisteningproject.org
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: World Listening Day July 18th

Postby vivian maxine on July 18th, 2016, 6:46 am 

I thought it was going to be "Listen to each other" but I like their goals better, I think.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Science News Discussion Forum