Mass death of wild reindeer

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Mass death of wild reindeer

Postby zetreque on August 30th, 2016, 3:32 pm 

Lightning kills a mass of wild reindeer.

This gives me a never before thought of possible explanation whenever I read about discoveries of mass grave or fossil sites. Of course for fossils to form, or bones to be preserved, conditions must be just right. Meaning there can't be scavengers in the area. Perhaps lightning could kill a large group in a swamp or bog however where conditions can be just right. Just a new idea to me.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Mass death of wild reindeer

Postby Eclogite on September 1st, 2016, 10:26 am 

Interesting thought. Perhaps we can look forward to discovering a group of Homo erectus clutching golf clubs.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Re: Mass death of wild reindeer

Postby weakmagneto on December 12th, 2016, 2:19 pm 

My Cree family from the Hudson Bay and James Bay coasts would often tell stories about how powerful lightning was and to respect it. The trees are short and stunted there. I have heard stories about people and animals getting struck by lightning along the coast. To this day, my Aunt still trembles and goes through a ritual whenever a thunderstorm passes through. She lives inland far from Hudson Bay and James Bay, but she still fears the lightning.

If you are interested in learning more about the Cree culture or to hear some of their stories and legends, click on the link below:

http://www.ourvoices.ca/index/about
weakmagneto

Blog: View Blog (6)

Return to News Discussion Forum