"Tolja"

Anyone can post and discuss breaking science news or science-related public policy, that interests them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

"Tolja"

Postby vivian maxine on September 3rd, 2016, 10:04 am 

I keep telling and no one listens. :-( Our planet is falling apart. Haven't these earthquakes increased dramatically lately?

http://fox2now.com/2016/09/03/magnitude ... -st-louis/

I didn't feel a thing. Our buildings must be on solid air. Dave, how is that for a new theory? Building on air? After all, aren't there trains that run across a bed of sir in Japan?
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Re: "Tolja"

Postby Dave_Oblad on September 3rd, 2016, 3:37 pm 

Hi Vivian,

I know that Japan has great respect for elders, but what is a "bed of sir"?

Jus kiddin..

Honestly, when we run out of Land Mass to live on and make farms, we may take to man-made Islands to extend and handle our civilizations size and needs. More likely we will move under water because surface conditions are so volatile. If we are claustrophobic then perhaps floating Islands in the sky may prove feasible (hot air or helium supported). Be my luck to be so poor that I have to live under such...lol. I hope they have a better method to dispose of natural Bio waste than dumping it overboard (on me). But then, what else is new?

The nice thing about that is if weather forecasts indicate a storm is brewing, the whole city can move to a better place for the duration.

There is serious consideration that we may someday colonize Venus using floating cities, their atmosphere being so much denser than ours.

As for an increase in Earthquakes.. I doubt it. I live in SoCal and we get sizable earthquakes frequently. I'm not sure anyplace is truly safe from natural disasters.

Regards,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: "Tolja"

Postby vivian maxine on September 3rd, 2016, 3:54 pm 

Sorry about that. Glad you know "air" is spelled s-i-r.

We can't go underwater. They have earthquakes there, too. We'd likely get swept back up on a tsunami. No, there's no safe place from them and I still think we are having more than usual. Someone probably has the numbers. They had one in Burma the same day they had the one in Italy. Not much mention of that one but the strength was even higher. And now, here within how many weeks? Two? Three? And they tell us New Madrid is long overdue.

If it isn't one thing, it's another. insecurity is our middle name.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Return to Science News Discussion Forum