[video] Trump Outlines Policy Plan for First 100 Days

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

[video] Trump Outlines Policy Plan for First 100 Days

Postby Natural ChemE on November 21st, 2016, 8:43 pm 

Today, President-elect Donald Trump announced his policy plan for his first 100 days in office.

Since there's been a lot of confusion about his intentions and it's a short video, it makes for good watching:
Here's a quickly-tapped-out transcript, with some links and formatting:
Trump in 2016-11-21 speech, as transcribed by Natural ChemE wrote:My agenda will be based on a simple core principle: putting America first. Whether it's producing steel, building cars, or curing disease, I want the next generation of production and innovation to happen right here, on our great homeland, America, creating wealth and jobs for American workers.

As part of this plan, I've asked my transition team to develop a list of executive actions that we can take on Day 1 to restore our laws and bring back our jobs. It's about time. These include the following:
  • On trade:
      I'll issue a notification of intent to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a potential disaster for our country. Instead, we will negotiate fair, bilateral trade deals that bring jobs and industry back on to American shores.
  • On energy:
      I will cancel job-killing restrictions on the production of American energy, including shale energy and clean coal, creating many millions of high-paying jobs. That's what we want, that's what we've been waiting for.
  • On regulation:
      I will formulate a rule which says that for every one new regulation, two old regulations must be eliminated. So important.

With regards to the energy plan, I'd note that the US has the largest reserves of shale oil. It's expensive to recover and fairly dirty, but when crude oil prices climbed, peaking at about back in 2008, US industry started trying to recover it. However, crude oil prices quickly crashed down to almost a mere , making a lot of scale oil recovery efforts unprofitable. Oil prices have bounced around since then, though today it's back at (Crude Oil, Nasdaq). Discussion at Oil shale economics, Wikipedia.

I'm not 100% sure on what regulatory changes might be done with shale oil since the plans changed due to market forces, though it may be about protective trade policies with OPEC; if protective trade barriers were raised, then shale oil recovery might become economical. Currently, it seems that we're already over-producing oil (2010s oil glut).
Natural ChemE
Forum Moderator

Re: [video] Trump Outlines Policy Plan for First 100 Days

Postby Mjr Houlihan on January 18th, 2017, 2:44 pm 

Natural ChemE » November 21st, 2016, 8:43 pm wrote:Today, President-elect Donald Trump announced his policy plan for his first 100 days in office.

Don't forget the wall:

Trump Press conference 11 Jan 2017 - "We will build a wall, I could wait a year but I don't want to wait".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30WWsYUj4G8

The entire Mexican border in 6 minutes - time-lapse
https://theintercept.com/2016/10/26/bes ... -the-wall/

Mjr Houlihan

Postby ronjanec on January 18th, 2017, 3:46 pm 

That's interesting NCE. I did notice no mention of dumping or changing NAFTA at least in this particular speech.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on January 18th, 2017, 3:55 pm 

Mjr Houlihan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 pm wrote:
Natural ChemE » November 21st, 2016, 8:43 pm wrote:Today, President-elect Donald Trump announced his policy plan for his first 100 days in office.

Don't forget the wall:

Trump Press conference 11 Jan 2017 - "We will build a wall, I could wait a year but I don't want to wait".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30WWsYUj4G8

The entire Mexican border in 6 minutes - time-lapse
https://theintercept.com/2016/10/26/bes ... -the-wall/

Attack, attack, and attack. It would be nice if some of you guys gave it a rest for awhile, and at least gave the man a chance.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on January 18th, 2017, 4:29 pm 

It is reasonable to discuss the merits or problems of policy proposals, RJ. Please address a specific issue, if you think the factual basis of criticism is in error. If the Wall is a bad idea, now would be the time for we citizens to marshalling our facts and figures and contacting our congressional representatives. If it's a good idea, and you want 30-50 billion dollars of our taxes to implement it, you are free to start a thread and make your case.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby ronjanec on January 18th, 2017, 4:29 pm 

November? I thought this was from today. Well, at least my other comment was timely.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on January 18th, 2017, 4:48 pm 

I understand Biv, and I am certainly not disagreeing with you here. I just find it very annoying that all I ever read from certain people here on the forum is blah blah blah Trump's a bum. I could more easily live with this if they also often posted and contributed in other areas of the SPCF and did not seem to be just here to find primarily a place to vent their personal political feelings.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Mjr Houlihan on January 19th, 2017, 2:13 pm 

Attack, attack, and attack. It would be nice if some of you guys gave it a rest for a while, and at least gave the man a chance.

Oh dear, another Trumpy finding plain facts difficult.

ronjanec » January 18th, 2017, 4:48 pm wrote:I understand Biv, and I am certainly not disagreeing with you here. I just find it very annoying that all I ever read from certain people here on the forum is blah blah blah Trump's a bum. I could more easily live with this if they also often posted and contributed in other areas of the SPCF and did not seem to be just here to find primarily a place to vent their personal political feelings.

Deary me, three pops from Trumpy triggered by bare facts - shooting at the messenger and not just randomly at some guys, just one. >sigh<

FACT ALERT- get your Benzocaine Ronnie and put 911 on standby...deep breath and.....relax

This may be news to you and Trump but the first amendment wasn’t designed to protect your feelings; it was designed to protect free thought. This forum is not a closed Republican Party site where members only can post. If you dislike reading substantiated opinions that don’t reflect your own, you have two reasonable choices: 1. don’t read them or 2. Respond to the opinion with your reason against it. Being offended is not a valid third option

I wonder if you just wanted to lash out or are unable to grasp how dishonest and baseless your statements are. Warning; if you can’t handle those pesky little facts, here are some more that demonstrate how illogical you’ve been:

You have singled out one newish poster (who joined November 2015) and made a prejudicial personal pronouncement that you want them to stop posting critical opinions about Trump because you find them very annoying.

The irony in this is that:

1. It wasn’t a critical opinion that triggered this Trump-style reaction in you, but some factual information.

2. The given reason for your outburst was feeling that criticism of Trump was premature. Maybe you don’t watch Television or read much but were you to do so, you would find that millions of people, all over the world have been horrified by his behaviour and the consequences of it this last year in which he’s had more than a chance to prove himself given how many years he's been in the public eye. He may have won the presidency but has torn the country apart, caused a good deal of alarm and distress and he hasn’t even been inaugurated yet.

3. When the unreasonableness of your objection was pointed out by a forum administrator, you acknowledged it was fair criticism but in the same post, repeated the offence by overtly expressing your personal dislike for this particular poster on the grounds that they were… let me see… doing what everyone else was doing but not for quite as long! This is irrational.

4. Brace yourself, Statistics coming up; The following facts…. (so sorry) demonstrate that your comments were prejudicial are roughly as follows:

- The poster that irritated you had joined an existing conversation one week ago, where several other regular posters have expressed similar critical opinions of Trump, for over one year, on over 20 threads.

- Some of the contributors to these threads post the same concerns several times a day, with the same considered reasoning, clearly stated. In total, these amount to hundreds of valid and objective criticisms of Trump in the last year. This is in contrast to the poster you want silenced who has commented 16 times about Trump, for one week, out of a total of 60 posts that are unrelated, 5 of which have been submitted prior to your allegation about their motive that had it been true, should not have been offensive in any event. That’s what this forum is for or hadn’t you noticed this is open to the public and there is a subject title where anyone can express their opinions about the given topic.

- There is a world of difference between a considered criticism and a personal attack. As you seem to be having difficulty differentiating between the two, here are some examples from the Scottish people. Warning: The Scots are highly articulate when speaking their mind. You may also want to avoid mentioning Trump if you visit the UK in the next four years or you will be exceedingly irritated and may need to see a doctor.

Take a Prozac, none of this is fake:

http://fusion.net/story/318640/delete-your-golf-course/
http://tinyurl.com/jcyzdrp
http://tinyurl.com/jhvwbre

Current events are one of the most significant moments in world history; and you may not have noticed this either but huge numbers of people are very worried about it, including me and this forum is far and away the preferred place to share concerns because most people here are way above average intelligence, are fair and reasonable, very likable, are extremely interesting to read regardless of what they believe, generously offer informed and considered opinions that help me to reflect on my own and usefully challenge them in a constructive way that I value; unlike cheap personal shots that are all too common elsewhere.

Sorry but I like it here; lack of posting is not lack of interest and other priorities prevent frequent engagement, but a bit of free time and the invitation to vent on such an important issue in, what is usually, a troll free place, is much appreciated.

To you Biv, et al thumbs up and many thanks.
Mjr Houlihan

Postby ronjanec on January 19th, 2017, 3:23 pm 

I did not mean to make it sound like I was singling you out personally/only with my comments here Mjr Houlihan, and was actually complaining about a number of others here doing this in addition to (yes) yourself.

I certainly can't blame you for getting pissed off at me, and I should have been a lot more careful in how I worded my post...my apologies sir.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Return to News Discussion Forum