The Nordic Food Lab wants you to eat blood, insects and brai

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

The Nordic Food Lab wants you to eat blood, insects and brai

Postby HipOl on December 1st, 2016, 7:40 am 

Whaaaat?? This piece just freaked me out!! Soon we will see people eating each other and drinking blood. For sure...
The Nordic Food Lab wants you to eat blood, insects and brains to save the world
HipOl
Forum Neophyte

Re: The Nordic Food Lab wants you to eat blood, insects and

Postby Braininvat on December 1st, 2016, 11:17 am 

I didn't see "people eating each other" in the article, but if that would reduce our numbers to where we don't have to eat bugs or faeces, then I'm all for it. Really, if we could develop economic incentives for smaller family size, spanning all cultures, then these Soylent Green sorts of futures could be avoided. It's all very well for prosperous Danes to tell people in Africa or Asia that they would do well to eat disgusting things, but those people may have better ideas. As for brains, since they are a vector for Creutzfeld-Jacob disease, and related prion-based illnesses, I think extreme care would be needed before that really catches on.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Re: The Nordic Food Lab wants you to eat blood, insects and

Postby lichen on December 1st, 2016, 8:23 pm 

Veganism is a much more reasonable strategy. But don't ask me how to convince people to adopt it. I can't even convince myself, judging by my actions. Leaving it up to individual choice is about as viable as prayer.
lichen
Forum Neophyte

Return to News Discussion Forum