Trump's inauguration speech

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Re: Trump's inauguration speech

Postby ronjanec on January 23rd, 2017, 2:23 pm 

Lomax,

Buy the way, are you at least happy that your former PM Winston Churchill is back in the White House Oval Office at least in spirit, and your current PM has been invited to meet with him very soon? And look at how nice he has been to your famous Nigel: You just can't please some Brits no matter how hard you try. Nope :)
Last edited by ronjanec on January 23rd, 2017, 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Lomax on January 23rd, 2017, 2:29 pm 

ronjanec » January 23rd, 2017, 7:11 pm wrote:Lomax,

I am not in favor of doing anything to the Chinese people that would possibly cause their destruction ok?

So presumably you won't be advocating a policy you believe spells the collapse of their economy then?

ronjanec » January 23rd, 2017, 7:23 pm wrote:Lomax,

Buy the way, are you at least happy that your former PM Winston Churchill is back in the White House Oval Office, and your current PM has been invited to meet with him very soon? And look at how nice he has been to your famous Nigel: You just can't please some Brits no matter how hard you try. Nope :)

Are you likening Trump to Churchill? I mean they're both racist and unpopular within their own party; beyond that I cannot for the life of me think of any similarity.
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby ronjanec on January 23rd, 2017, 2:52 pm 

No, I am not in favor of any US policy that would directly lead to the complete collapse of their economy and cause the people of China a great deal of personal harm.

(A couple of disclaimers here Lomax: I said anything before, and any just now, assuming we are talking about under normal peacetime and not mean spirited conditions. If the Chinese government did something to really harm the American people or our national interests in some way, then all bets are off including what I just said here)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Athena on January 24th, 2017, 12:53 pm 

Braininvat » January 21st, 2017, 9:26 am wrote:

Change in Unemployment Rate % (U.S. Department of Labor: Bureau of Labor Statistics)

-2.0 Clinton I Democrat
-1.9 Reagan II Republican
-1.7 JFK/Johnson Democrat
-1.5 Johnson Democrat
-1.4 Truman Democrat
-1.1 Clinton II Democrat
-0.2 Reagan I Republican
0.0 Carter Democrat
+0.9 Bush, GW II Republican
+1.0 Bush, GW I Republican
+1.3 Eisenhower I Republican
+1.5 Nixon Republican
+1.9 Bush, GHW Republican
+2.4 Eisenhower II Republican
+2.6 Nixon/Ford Republican

The results go quite strongly in favour of your theory here, Ronjanec. They quite clearly show that many fewer people tend to have jobs at the end of a Republican presidency, than at the end of a Democrat presidency.

...add to list that unemployment under Obama dropped from 10% to below 5%.

But, yes, thank goodness our long national nightmare is over!

Hey, Brainvat, I left the room to take care of things in the foster home where I am working, and hours later came back and there your face was welcoming me. It lifted my spirits, and I just thought I would let you know.

What is amazing is some people's beliefs go against the figures. However, it should be said in the Eisenhower years soldiers were looking for work and post war adjustments had to be made.
Athena

Postby BadgerJelly on January 25th, 2017, 4:05 am 

What is amazing is some people's beliefs go against the figures.

We're all guilty of that charge to some degree or another. It is hard to admit you are wrong if you've invested your choices into such things.

If you see info that helps reinforce your views then you accept them with open arms. It is always a painful task to take on board info that goes against your views and adjust your perspective.

We can question any set of figures we're given and review our biases. We could even argue that if most people feel bad they are feeling bad regardless of what figures say about poverty and employment. Why they feel bad may or may not be connected directly to wealth and employment. What wealth is may or may not be regarded differently by different people in different walks of life.

One things remains steadily true. People love to complain and point fingers anywhere but at themselves (I say this clearly pointing my finger at YOU! haha!!)

Don't die without living.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Previous

Return to News Discussion Forum