White House Attacks ‘Lying Press’

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Re: White House Attacks ‘Lying Press’

Postby BadgerJelly on January 23rd, 2017, 2:10 pm 

He is a businessman. What are the characteristics of businessmen?
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby SciameriKen on January 23rd, 2017, 5:40 pm 

Braininvat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:41 pm wrote:I don't know if Trump is really skilled enough to achieve gaslighting. Gaslighting actually requires some subtlety and intelligence to work on a subject. Trump seems more skilled at making me doubt HIS sanity, rather than my own.

Ultimately it will come down to whether people's lives are getting better. But if he delivers on a few of his promises and maybe a few other wins in the eyes of the people, he could very well achieve his gaslighting dreams. My wife recently saw some heavily biased news articles supporting Trump in saying the press is a lying machine with regards to how many people attended the inauguration - she was scared at how convincing it was almost making her doubt her own thoughts on it. I mean there is a very clear picture showing less people attended the event - seeing is believing right? Then again - who knows anymore?!? Still, the more wins he gets, the more enticing this propaganda seems...
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby BadgerJelly on January 23rd, 2017, 10:18 pm 

He will use lies about silly unimportant things to distract the public from the papers he's signing. This is standard for any government. The scale Trump takes it to is just one we haven't seen before.

Don't worry about what he does or shows himself doing. Worry about actions being carried out by the government during distracting news reports.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on January 23rd, 2017, 11:42 pm 

"But if he delivers on a few of his promises..." http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-2 ... ed-nations He did not actually promise this, but he is already no fan of the UN, and he might hopefully include these incompetents in his "draining of the swamp".

USexit!? "Don't hold your breath"? I know, but one can at least dream can't he? :)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Forest_Dump on January 23rd, 2017, 11:52 pm 

ronjanec wrote:"But if he delivers on a few of his promises..." http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-2 ... ed-nations He did not actually promise this, but he is already no fan of the UN, and he might hopefully include these incompetents in his "draining of the swamp".

USEXIT!? "Don't hold your breath"? I know, but one can at least dream can't he? :)

But do we know if these are facts, alternative facts or just innuendo? The only things I read about this were on the biased liberal media so I assumed it was fake news and assumed the alt-right news like you posted was just taken in by the obvious cleverness of the deceit.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on January 24th, 2017, 12:03 am 

Forest,

Sorry I cannot answer your question Forest. I am still trying to figure out what is the distinction between "facts" and "alternative facts"?(or if there even is one?)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby edy420 on January 24th, 2017, 5:05 am 

Maybe everyone's too broke to go see Trump, after Obama ran the country!

(Hides in the corner)
edy420

Postby Lomax on January 24th, 2017, 7:48 am 

edy420 » January 24th, 2017, 10:05 am wrote:Maybe everyone's too broke to go see Trump, after Obama ran the country!

(Hides in the corner)

Under his administration his nation's GDP increased by 14.74%, and the unemployment rate went from 9.3% to 4.9%, so one wonders what people have spent all that extra money on. Not Googling classes, clearly.
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby Forest_Dump on January 24th, 2017, 8:16 am 

Lomax wrote:edy420 » January 24th, 2017, 10:05 am wrote:

(Hides in the corner)
Under his administration his nation's GDP increased by 14.74%, and the unemployment rate went from 9.3% to 4.9%, so one wonders what people have spent all that extra money on. Not Googling classes, clearly.

My guess is saving up for the possibility of a flight to freedom. That would also explain the rise in the price of gold as transportable wealth. I think Canada and to a lesser extent Mexico will have to brace for a refugee crisis.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby Forest_Dump on January 24th, 2017, 9:09 am 

Lomax wrote:edy420 » January 24th, 2017, 10:05 am wrote:

(Hides in the corner)

I suspect the alternative facts say differently. The alternative facts will show that those changes occurred after Trump took power with the exception of some that began when Trump first began to talk about running and in anticipation of what he would do.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby SciameriKen on January 24th, 2017, 12:04 pm 

Lomax » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:48 am wrote:
edy420 » January 24th, 2017, 10:05 am wrote:Maybe everyone's too broke to go see Trump, after Obama ran the country!

(Hides in the corner)

The numbers are encouraging - but we all know that most of that wealth went to the top 1%. Employment numbers are a mix of people dropping out of the equation or being underemployed.
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby edy420 on January 24th, 2017, 1:06 pm 

Lomax » 24 Jan 2017, 20:48 wrote:

(Hides in the corner)

In my country, jobs were created by making simple tasks take twice as long.
Safety regulations went through the roof. While working at one site, I had to do 6 inductions and all of them were basically a meet and greet followed by safe work practice discussion, much we already knew as basic work ethic.
We now also have to spend more time to safety paper work, because all employers are directly responsible for safety.
I like the idea of improving safety but according to the statistics, more people are being hurt and death tolls in the work force have climbed, not decreased.

I'm in a small company of about 20 guys.
Multiply that by half an hour daily tool box safety meetings and we are adding 10 hours work to each day.
That's 10 man hours lost so now we have to hire someone to make up for it.
PPE requirements also increased, creating jobs in retail.

Trump wants to minimise the amount of regulations so that the working man can do his job, but I suspect that will have a negative affect on the work force.
How did Obama create jobs?
Did he do it by adding work hours to each day, or something else?
edy420

Postby Lomax on January 24th, 2017, 2:03 pm 

You there, hiding in the corner! Now you're changing the subject. You said they were broke, not doing unfulfilling jobs.
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to News Discussion Forum