Is this what we voted for?

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Re: Is this what we voted for?

Postby ronjanec on February 7th, 2017, 1:35 pm 

Is he actually a Christian? I guess time will tell right? What about former President Obama? Was he actually a Christian? The conservative websites and comments were always accusing Obama of secretly being a Muslim. :)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on February 7th, 2017, 2:21 pm 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-0 ... -be-banned Only 20% completely disagree! Like I said before, "the original Welcome Migrant Culture" has practically disappeared over there, and has now been replaced by the exact same culture going great gangbusters over here. What happened over there?
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby ronjanec on February 7th, 2017, 11:36 pm 

Well, none of my overseas links to the story appear to be working here('the Daily and Sunday Express' and 'the Telegraph'). In short, many now former members of "the Welcome Culture" in Germany were sexually asaulted by 900(!) migrants on New Years Eve 2016 in Frankfort, Germany.

Last year the Lugenpresse, and the Lugenregierung in Germany, tried to cover up the mass sexual assaults New Years Eve in Cologne: It sounds like both are up to their old tricks again this time in Frankfurt(It does sound like they are both becoming even more proficient in their Lugen skills, because this is the first that I have heard of this happening)

Our very own Lugenpresse over here will also try their best to cover this story up just like they did last year with the Cologne sexual assaults, until one of our conservative websites over here starts reporting this story.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby vivian maxine on February 8th, 2017, 9:18 am 

Back to the OP for a moment?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/07/worl ... f=headline

Yemen says no more anti-terrorism ground missions after civilians were killed in last mission.
vivian maxine
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on February 8th, 2017, 11:08 am 

Ron, USA Today, CNN, and other major news outlets covered the Cologne story, including that groups were predominantly North African refugees. It led to stiffer laws in Germany that allow deportation for any sexual crime (the reports I saw indicated it was mainly lewd touching and tearing of clothes, while women were relieved of their cellphones and other valuables), and a reexamination in parliament of Germany's refugee welcoming policies. There was, AFAICT, some coverup by the press over there. It may have been well-intentioned (to keep posses of outraged vigilantes from violently attacking foreigners, perhaps) but it did indeed undermine public trust in the Press. In any case, I find no evidence the story was covered up here in the States. Several cultures, not just Islamic ones, have vestiges of misogyny and ritualized harassment and abuse of women, as well as other practices, like marrying 12 year old girls, that simply won't be accepted in the West. If refugees try to bring such vestiges of a dark past with them, they should immediately be booted out. Even Bill Maher has commented on how hypocritical his fellow Lefties can be when they refuse to condemn Muslim practices and attitudes that they would fiercely condemn in other citizens of their own countries.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby ronjanec on February 8th, 2017, 12:22 pm 

Biv,

http://newobserveronline.com/media-cons ... ex-attack/ I was not saying they never reported the story Biv: Our MSM, and the news media over in Europe, reported this almost a week after it happened(!), because they were both forced to stop trying to cover this up by the alternative news media.

A huge breaking news story like this should have been reported the next day, not almost a week later(!), if there was no cover up by our media and theirs.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... in-cologne The Guardian also/only reported on the story of the huge cover up by the German government and the German media just like I talked about in my post.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Lomax on February 8th, 2017, 12:25 pm 

Braininvat » February 8th, 2017, 4:08 pm wrote:the reports I saw indicated it was mainly lewd touching and tearing of clothes

I have a friend who writes for Brietbart London and his article mentioned migrants trying to grab women by the genitals. Weird how when the leader of the free world advocates that behaviour, the Right wing doesn't bat an eyelid.
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby Braininvat on February 8th, 2017, 12:50 pm 

Heh!

Ron, re

I was not saying they never reported the story Biv: Our MSM, and the news media over in Europe, reported this almost a week after it happened(!), because they were both forced to stop trying to cover this up by the alternative news media.

I'm just not sure if you have the cause and effect accurately worked out on this. The delay, in the U.S., seemed to be a result of most U.S. news sources depending on Euro news releases, not a concerted effort to suppress a story. The delay, in Germany...it's harder to say what chain of events led to fuller disclosure. Some news outlets may have held on to the story pending more facts - it took a while, I gather, to round up suspects and interview eyewitnesses and determine who was doing what to whom. Some editors may have perceived (rightly, I'd say) that the story had considerable seismic impact, in terms of possibly inciting violent reprisals, and wanted to get the facts straight. Others may have been outright trying to buy time to play down the more inflammatory parts of the story. I'm just saying that a story like this has complexities, where thousands of witnesses and hundreds of participants are concerned, so I'm not convinced that it was simply a matter of a team of gallant Alt-Media knights riding in to slay the obfuscators.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby ronjanec on February 8th, 2017, 12:55 pm 

You have a friend who writes for Breitbart London Lomax! I love this website! Tell him I said to keep up the good work, and also tell him that they have a lot of fans over here in the US. Just think Lomax: If you start reading this on a regular basis, you will become just like me! :)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Lomax on February 8th, 2017, 12:57 pm 

ronjanec » February 8th, 2017, 5:55 pm wrote:You have a friend who writes for Breitbart London Lomax! I love this website! Tell him I said to keep up the good work, and also tell him that they have a lot of fans over here in the US. Just think Lomax: If you start reading this on a regular basis, you will become just like me! :)

I read all of his articles - we are old friends, after all - but I have to wear a chain of garlic around my neck as I do so.
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby ronjanec on February 8th, 2017, 1:04 pm 

Biv,

Well, it is of course rather difficult for me to actually prove when they became aware of this here in the US, but I would be willing to bet Lomax's life that they knew about this morning after.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Lomax on February 8th, 2017, 1:21 pm 

I bet you are. I did in fact find out about it through Breitbart, so I'm safe for now. But that might be a quirk of the fact that I get all my news online, and I don't go by publication. I just bookmark the writers I like best.
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby ronjanec on February 8th, 2017, 7:09 pm 

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/CP3_2/ ... e/smallest

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... track_feb8

Despite all "the sky is falling!" and extremely negative press, it looks like the majority of us in this country are still happy with what President Trump has done at least so far.

And 46% today, versus 28% a year ago(!), think the country is now headed in the right direction.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Eclogite on February 8th, 2017, 7:47 pm 

ronjanec » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:09 pm wrote:And 46% today, versus 28% a year ago(!), think the country is now headed in the right direction.
Some of my friends accuse me of being elitist. They are probably right. I don't want to be, but it is things like these poll results that drive me in that direction.
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby ronjanec on February 8th, 2017, 8:30 pm 

Eclogite,

If someone was an "elitist", what direction do you think that they would be pleased with for my country?

I am also trying to think of which of our former presidents would please someone who is an "elitist", and how good or bad was their overall job performance while in office?
Last edited by ronjanec on February 8th, 2017, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Lomax on February 8th, 2017, 8:33 pm 

ronjanec » February 9th, 2017, 12:09 am wrote:http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/CP3_2/filters/PD1:1/dates/20170101-20170207/type/smallest

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... track_feb8

Despite all "the sky is falling!" and extremely negative press, it looks like the majority of us in this country are still happy with what President Trump has done at least so far.

And 46% today, versus 28% a year ago(!), think the country is now headed in the right direction.

I think you put the cart before the horse. It's one of the reasons I don't like opinion polls in general. Isn't it a bit vacuous to like somebody for being liked?
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby ronjanec on February 8th, 2017, 8:54 pm 

Lomax,

I don't think it is actually a question of being "liked". And the point I was trying to make here is again;

Our main stream news media in this country is making it sound like "everyone" over here is really upset with President Trump, and he is doing an absolutely terrible job as President, when there are obviously millions of people in our country who think that he is instead doing a good job(or at least so far)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Forest_Dump on February 8th, 2017, 9:28 pm 

ronjanec wrote:Our main stream news media in this country is making it sound like "everyone" over here is really upset with President Trump, and he is doing an absolutely terrible job as President, when there are obviously millions of people in our country who think that he is instead doing a good job(or at least so far)

You will notice it is less than half. And these are what they call the honeymoon numbers, usually a high point before the grim reality sets in.
Forest_Dump
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on February 8th, 2017, 10:56 pm 

No time to post ATM, have issues with 4-legged things right now, but this....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/come-after-me-pennsylvania-pol-goes-off-on-gibbon-trump-in-profanity-laced-facebook-post-210232804.html

....reminded me it's going to a be looonnng 4 years.

But not without moments of comic relief.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby ronjanec on February 8th, 2017, 11:08 pm 

Maybe an even looonnnggger 8... :)
ronjanec
Resident Member

Postby Lomax on February 8th, 2017, 11:13 pm 

Please! It's only a week since I discovered Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared. I don't need any more disturbing thoughts.
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Postby Braininvat on February 9th, 2017, 12:48 am 

I plan to add "loofah-faced s--t gibbon" to my lexicon of things to say when drivers cut me off in traffic. It's satisfying in a visceral way that only well-constructed profanity can be.

I was entirely unfamiliar with Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. Oddly, one of the first nightmares I can recall from my early childhood, ca. age 3, involved a disembodied human heart scampering around the floor of my bedroom, making threatening noises.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to News Discussion Forum