Nazis To Hold Nine More Rallies Across The USA

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Postby toucana on August 16th, 2017, 5:55 am 

img_4933.jpg
Peter Cvjetanovic wearing 'Michigan Identity Evropa' logo

Newly emboldened by the latest KKK friendly utterances of the president at Trump Tower yesterday afternoon, white supremacists plan to stage rallies at the following cities this weekend:

Atlanta
Austin
Boston
Los Angeles
Mountain View California
New York
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Washington DC

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/15/us/white-nationalists-protests-tally-trnd/index.html

All of these locations host facilities owned by Google who are being targeted as part of a ‘March on Google’ by fascists who want to express their support for a former Google engineer James Damore who was recently fired over a controversial memo he wrote about the company’s diversity policies (Damore has said he does not support the alt-right and is unlikely to participate).

The Daily Kos have published an article about the photograph of right-winger Peter Cvjetanovic brandishing a torch at Charlottesville that was widely published in the media. Contrary to his claims that he was only seeking to protect a heritage statue, the article identifies the triangular symbol embroidered on his shirt as that of a white supremacist hate group called ‘Michigan Identity Evropa’.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/12/1688924/-Know-You-Alt-Right-Nazi-S-for-Brains-Here-s-Some-Michigan-Identity-Evropa

Meanwhile, the prominent neo-nazi website ‘The Stormer’ has called on its readers to disrupt and harrass the funeral of 32 year old Heather Heyer, a civil rights worker who was run down and killed by a car driven by a racist in Charlottesville last weekend.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/america-top-neo-nazi-website-daily-stormer-orders-followers-harass-funeral-heather-heyer-victim-a7895496.html

'The Stormer' which describes itself as the “World’s Most Genocidal Republican Website” was recently evicted by Go Daddy for breaching its TOS but is said to be about to reopen on a Russian owned hosting site. It is currrently functioning on the dark web after Google cancelled its domain registrations as well.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/14/google-daily-stormer-domain/
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Nazis To Hold Nine More Rallies Across The USA

Postby Braininvat on August 16th, 2017, 10:59 am 

The plan for the Heyer funeral disruption seems like fairly definitive proof that Nazis are not only despicable human beings, but really stupid ones, as well. Not the way to draw support for their cause.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on August 16th, 2017, 6:57 pm 

Eyewitness takes issue with notion that the Left was fomenting violence in VA this weekend....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/16/charlottesville-violence-right-left-trump

I look forward to Trump's critique of that Judean leftist agitator, infamous for his assaults on moneychangers in the Temple, inciting disrespect for Roman law, and dangerous deployment of weaponized monotheism. Also reportedly vandalized a tomb using some sort of unknown technology. Very bad.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Eclogite on August 16th, 2017, 10:55 pm 

Braininvat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:59 pm wrote:The plan for the Heyer funeral disruption seems like fairly definitive proof that Nazis are not only despicable human beings, but really stupid ones, as well. Not the way to draw support for their cause.
On the other hand it worked rather well for Herr Shicklgruber. We shouldn't be complacent. (Not saying you are; just being cautious.)
Eclogite
Forum Moderator

Postby zetreque on August 16th, 2017, 11:36 pm 

Braininvat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:59 am wrote:Not the way to draw support for their cause.

It draws support from the like minded scum. That's all they care about.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby wolfhnd on August 17th, 2017, 12:27 am 

These people have always been around and yes the Trump election has emboldened them. There are however reasons to listen to the concerns of the alt right. We should also listen to the concerns of the alt left. Trying to silence the fringe only motivates them and justifies their paranoia.
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Braininvat on August 17th, 2017, 9:36 am 

I'd say a nation that gives assembly permits to neo-Nazis who march with swastikas, guns, batons, and riot gear is not a nation in any danger of silencing the alt-Right. And, while I agree that the First Amendment must be upheld, even when it's painful (I think Skokie, Illinois defined the pain and repugnance levels pretty well, a few years back) I think there are other laws on the books that can, without silencing free speech, require that demonstrators not carry weapons of any kind, simplly in the interest of public safety. If a group does engage in abuse of others while demonstrating, that should be grounds for denial of future permits. The old Sticks and Stones rule of public discourse remains the standard of common sense. They want to walk around shouting "Jews will not replace us!" or "Blood and Soil," okay, whatever, man.

As for listening to the Alt-Right, well of course, the citizen's duty to be a watchdog for democracy requires nothing less. Some of them are, when I listen, remarkably quiet when it comes to the more violent and bigoted groups that attach themselves to the Alt-Right. I think it was John Oliver who commented (he was speaking of David Duke's praise of Trump) something like, "The KKK are like cats: if they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them."
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on August 17th, 2017, 10:58 am 

So when the president says that there is blame on both sides I guess that means if someone is verbally harassing me (or honking to lock their car in the parking-lot disturbing me) and I kill them then I am only partially at fault. Sounds more like Wild West Anarchist America.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby BadgerJelly on August 17th, 2017, 12:37 pm 

zetreque » August 17th, 2017, 10:58 pm wrote:So when the president says that there is blame on both sides I guess that means if someone is verbally harassing me (or honking to lock their car in the parking-lot disturbing me) and I kill them then I am only partially at fault. Sounds more like Wild West Anarchist America.

His latest statement about the removal of statues seems quite reasonable. These are statues of historical figures and the issue seems to be about how people are using these historical figures to stand for, or against, their own personal views and to fuel hatred.

The tearing down of the statue is opportunistic as is the far right defense of it. I reckon underneath the real discussion should be about coming to terms with the past as the past and not dragging what are frankly quite alien ideals into the current times.

Walt Disney is often called a Nazi. Can we expect people to tear down Disneyland in the name of all that is good? It may sound like a ridiculous comparison, but its not far off what is happening already.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on August 17th, 2017, 12:54 pm 

Agree. History is a parade of saints and sinners, and an awful lot of "in-between." Most of the founding fathers of the USA kept slaves, treated their wives as second class citizens and servants, and considered Native Americans to be subhuman savages. If we scrub all public parks and such completely clean of the morally questionable, we would pretty much erase most of American history. It's pretty sad that a tiny minority of white supremacists have hijacked that dialog, and piggybacked their toxic garbage onto it. Cities pretending that the Civil War didn't happen, or that Southerners don't retain various forms of archaic regional pride and rootedness, are not going to scrub us clean of white nationalists and their ilk just by removing statues. Move Robert E. Lee to an historical park that is not the centerpiece of the town square, and is presented as historical rather than inspirational, and I think most people would be able to see that as a rational compromise.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby wolfhnd on August 17th, 2017, 1:45 pm 

It is a question of priorities.
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby hyksos on August 17th, 2017, 2:51 pm 

Atlanta
Austin
Boston
Los Angeles
Mountain View California
New York
Pittsburgh
Seattle
Washington DC

Of course they will. The President of the United States just gave them carte blanche.
A woman was killed by a neonazi in a car, injuring 11 others (with the intent to kill them, presumably. Attempted murder anyone?)
Mr. President, say something about the murderer. Say he was a "coward". Say you will not tolerate the "killing of Americans". Say something. Anything. What is his response.
"There was violence from all sides. Many many sides. You gonna tear down George Washington next? Oh what, you gonna change history now?"

That's it. The smoke signals to all skinheads is : Run over some more of them. Bring even more guns than last time. Hold more rallies. Get louder. I will tell the media that you are "peaceful protestors with a permit." You have a friend in me.

They have carte blanche now -- straight from the top.
hyksos

Postby toucana on August 17th, 2017, 5:52 pm 

Czech-Republic-2016-160_web-lrg.jpg

One of the more amusing ways of disposing of unwanted historical statues that I once saw was a display in the Museum of Communism in Prague (see above).

The hidden joke which you cannot see in the photo is that this solemn little audience of communist era statues are dutifully watching a pair of video monitors playing endless film loops of turgid communist era speeches by party drones and apparatchiks extolling the wonders of the 19th party conference or the industrial output targets of the ninth five year plan, and being bored to death for all eternity.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Return to News Discussion Forum