Russia used social media to polarize the USA

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Russia used social media to polarize the USA

Postby zetreque on November 1st, 2017, 10:50 pm 

Russia-Financed Ad Linked Clinton and Satan
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/us/politics/facebook-google-twitter-russian-interference-hearings.html

WASHINGTON — Lawmakers released scores of political ads on Wednesday purchased by Russian agents on Facebook and Twitter that showed the extent of the Kremlin’s attempts to polarize the American voting public on issues like race, police abuse and religion.

Representative André Carson, Democrat of Indiana, said an account called Being Patriotic, which amassed 200,000 followers, pushed out content that “cynically exploits grieving officers and their loved ones in order to pit Americans concerned about our law enforcement personnel against Americans concerned about African-American lives lost during police encounters.”

The account was created by the Kremlin-backed Internet Research Agency.

“My concern is that a dictator like Vladimir Putin abused flaws in our social media platforms to inject the worst kind of identity politics into the voting decisions of at least 100 million Americans,” Mr. Carson said, referring to the Russian president.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Russia used social media to polarize the USA

Postby zetreque on November 1st, 2017, 10:56 pm 

Makes you wonder what kind of other tactics are used in other countries around the world...
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby someguy1 on November 1st, 2017, 11:33 pm 

zetreque » November 1st, 2017, 8:56 pm wrote:Makes you wonder what kind of other tactics are used in other countries around the world...

By us, you mean?

I assume you know the US has been deposing world leaders and interfering in foreign elections constantly since the end of WWII.
someguy1

Postby zetreque on November 1st, 2017, 11:35 pm 

I meant us, Russia, and who knows who.
No secret that there right wing groups rising around Europe. Mostly I meant Russia meddling in European elections.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby someguy1 on November 1st, 2017, 11:38 pm 

zetreque » November 1st, 2017, 9:35 pm wrote:I meant us, Russia, and who knows who.
No secret that there right wing groups rising around Europe. Mostly I meant Russia meddling in European elections.

So you don't know the US has been deposing foreign leaders and interfering in foreign elections heavily since WWII? Is this news to you? You regard it as a lie? Help me out here.

Russia bought some ads? Compared to Hillary's own incompetence and corruption? One focus group after another told the DNC that they didn't trust Hillary. Instead of dealing with the problem, Hillary called her opponent's supporters deplorables and didn't bother to campaign in Wisconsin.

How gullible are people to believe a few hundred thousand dollars in ads made a difference? Hillary spent two billion dollars yet ignored Bill Clinton's advice to reach out to the white working class. John Podesta told her to fire Robby Mook but she didn't. All this is documented. She was a hopelessly inept politician. The only way the Dems could manage to lose to Trump was to rig their own primaries to nominate a corrupt, incompetent warmonger who was widely distrusted by the public.

The longer Dems stay in denial about that, the longer they'll never wake up and start figuring out why they lost. You want to lose 2018 and 2020 too? Keep blaming the Russians. I'm not the only one saying that, plenty of Democrats are saying the same thing.
Last edited by someguy1 on November 1st, 2017, 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
someguy1

Postby zetreque on November 1st, 2017, 11:40 pm 

someguy1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 pm wrote:
zetreque » November 1st, 2017, 9:35 pm wrote:I meant us, Russia, and who knows who.

So you don't know the US has been deposing foreign leaders and interfering in foreign elections heavily since WWII? Is this news to you? You regard it as a lie? Help me out here.

Russia bought some ads? Compared to Hillary's own incompetence and corruption? One focus group after another told the DNC that they didn't trust Hillary. Instead of dealing with the problem, Hillary called her opponent's supporters deplorables and didn't bother to campaign in Wisconsin.

How gullible are people to believe a few hundred thousand dollars in ads made a difference? Hillary spent two billion dollars.

Way to put words in my mouth and change the topic to Hillary Clinton. Old tactic of being a parrot or mocking bird for the Right. Let's care about the present. Also, do you think I give a shit about Hillary? The woman is horrible. Old argument, Old news.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby someguy1 on November 1st, 2017, 11:43 pm 

zetreque » November 1st, 2017, 9:40 pm wrote:Old tactic of being a parrot or mocking bird for the Right.

Actually my points are criticisms from the left. Ask any Bernie supporter.
someguy1

Postby zetreque on November 1st, 2017, 11:44 pm 

someguy1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 pm wrote:
zetreque » November 1st, 2017, 9:40 pm wrote:Old tactic of being a parrot or mocking bird for the Right.

Actually my points are criticisms from the left. Ask any Bernie supporter.

Still old argument. VERY VERY OLD.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby zetreque on November 1st, 2017, 11:47 pm 

And yes I do think it made a big difference. You forget how gullible people are. More people than you realize actually try to buy things off those advertisements on the sidebar of websites and click on that bait.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby someguy1 on November 1st, 2017, 11:49 pm 

Still old argument. VERY VERY OLD.[/quote]

Dems have a choice. They can keep up this nonsense about how the Russians stole the coronation err I mean election from Hillary; or they can do some honest introspection and figure out how they're going to win back some Congressional seats in 2018. That's not a right wing talking point. It's a Democratic insider talking point. Nor is it old. It's going on right now as we speak among the leaders of the Democratic party.

It's like when your sports team loses a close one because of a bad call by the official. You can spend the rest of your life blaming the officials, or you can say to yourself, What can WE control to make ourselves better and not put ourselves in a position where the officials can rob us?

You really think this is an old conversation? The Dems are fightig about this tooth and nail right now. Some Dems want to whine about Russia, and others would like to win an election this century.
someguy1

Postby zetreque on November 1st, 2017, 11:54 pm 

someguy1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:49 pm wrote:
Dems have a choice. They can keep up this nonsense about how the Russians stole the coronation err I mean election from Hillary; or they can do some honest introspection and figure out how they're going to win back some Congressional seats in 2018. That's not a right wing talking point. It's a Democratic centrist talking point. Nor is it old. It's going on right now as we speak among the leaders of the Democratic party.

It's like when your sports team loses a close one because of a bad call by the official. You can spend the rest of your life blaming the officials, or you can say to yourself, What can WE control to make ourselves better and not put ourselves in a position where the officials can rob us?

You really think this is an old conversation? The Dems are fightig about this tooth and nail right now. Some Dems want to whine about Russia, and others would like to win an election this century.

Talk about polarizing the subject. You are making it out to be Dems vs Rep. lol

The old topic is freaking Hillary saying deplorable's. I mean come on? Where is that even relevant to the OP? It was probably even promoted in the Russian Ads to polarize people.

What can WE control to make ourselves better and not put ourselves in a position where the officials can rob us?

How about get back on topic to discuss how social media providers can fight against meddling that creates chaos and polarization?
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby someguy1 on November 2nd, 2017, 12:09 am 

zetreque » November 1st, 2017, 9:54 pm wrote:The old topic is freaking Hillary saying deplorable's. I mean come on? Where is that even relevant to the OP? It was probably even promoted in the Russian Ads to polarize people.

The relevance is that Hillary was an astonishingly inept politician. You call your OPPONENT deplorable in the hopes that some of his supporters will say, "Yeah now that you mention it, Donald IS kind of deplorable. Maybe I'll give Hillary another look." What you DON'T do is call your opponent's SUPPORTERS deplorable, which only makes them dig in that much harder. And that's just one of many examples of how Hillary cost Hillary the election. It wasn't the Russians.

zetreque » November 1st, 2017, 9:54 pm wrote:How about get back on topic to discuss how social media providers can fight against meddling to create chaos and polarization?

I am of the opinion that the powers that be would like nothing better than to shut down free speech and free expression on the Internet. They want to be able to control what people can read and what people can think. That's what these Russia hearings about, where Congress leans on the tech companies to clamp down on what can be said on YouTube and Twitter and Facebook. You see it every day. An event happens, an official narrative is put out by the MSM, and anything else is a "conspiracy theory." The government wants to shut down open discussion. The Russia thing is Kabuki theater for that purpose. Try to see through the surface of things and understand what's going on.

After all what some call chaos and polarization, others call democracy. Freedom is messy. All those individual opinions. All those curious free-thinking people doubting and questioning the bullshit spewed by the government. Locking down what can be expressed is much neater. No "chaos and polarization." Everyone in lockstep. You see that as desirable. I see it as a totalitarian nightmare.

And thanks for asking.
someguy1

Postby zetreque on November 2nd, 2017, 12:19 am 

I am of the opinion that the powers that be would like nothing better than to shut down free speech and free expression on the Internet. They want to be able to control what people can read and what people can think.

So you have no problem with wealth influencing democracy, or outside agents (after wealth and power) influencing an election?
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby someguy1 on November 2nd, 2017, 12:37 am 

zetreque » November 1st, 2017, 10:19 pm wrote:So you have no problem with wealth influencing democracy, or outside agents (after wealth and power) influencing an election?

Now who's changing the subject? Are we talking about wealth? Or Russians?

What are outside agents? What does that mean? The numbers I've seen don't bear out the hysteria. I've seen Russian ad buy numbers in the $100k range. No, I'm not concerned about that. I haven't seen red-baiting like this since the cold war. The Russia obsession, as you may know, was cooked up by Hillary's campaign organization right after Hillary lost, as a way of avoiding taking responsibility.. And as you also know, it turns out that Hillary was the one colluding with the Russians to smear Trump, not the other way 'round. Hillary's campaign was behind the infamous Steele dossier, not a single detail of which has been proven true or even has a shred of evidentiary support.

But to answer your question, yes of course the influence of wealth and power over our politics are a concern these days. I just happen to believe that one antidote is MORE free and unfettered speech, not less. And if that means that Boris and Natasha can buy a few Facebook ads, I can live with it.
someguy1

Postby zetreque on November 2nd, 2017, 12:46 am 

Ok, Thanks for clearing that up.

The reason we are talking about wealth and or Russians is because both meddle with democracy.
The top percentage of wealthy have the power to buy advertising in their bias.
Russians, have the power to buy ads in their favor.

The whole reason for this discussion and the Russian topic in a positive light is to open the conversation around that. Where do we draw the line on how and who can influence our thoughts on who controls us (controls through law, what we buy, and what we see in the media)?

It sounds like you are ok with letting Russians have some control in us in the name of free speech. Should we not discuss this topic at all and letting our current administration do things like declare corporations as individuals, or eliminating the Johnson Amendment so that biases with financial backing can use their wealth to take away democracy? Or how about Russians and other entities who launder money through corporations buying ads?

Should we not even look into this? Just forget it all and keep blaming Clinton.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Braininvat on November 2nd, 2017, 9:57 am 

The Russia obsession, as you may know, was cooked up by Hillary's campaign organization right after Hillary lost, as a way of avoiding taking responsibility.. And as you also know, it turns out that Hillary was the one colluding with the Russians to smear Trump, not the other way 'round. Hillary's campaign was behind the infamous Steele dossier, not a single detail of which has been proven true or even has a shred of evidentiary support.

I'd be careful using "obsession" - it sounds like code talk to dismiss a different POV. I haven't seen evidence - if you have, please post it - that HRC's campaign was doing anything other than standard oppo research. Given the Russian links of Trump's pals, why wouldn't they look into them? The Steele research was initiated by the GOP, by Trump's opponents, and then passed along to the Dems. Steele is a reputable member of the intelligence community, who anyone doing oppo research might want to contact. I am surprised that anyone would suggest we wouldn't want Mueller et al. (and congressional committees) to follow those breadcrumbs - if Putin did tamper with our electoral process, or shady-deal with Trump's campaign, then that's something we the people might want to know about, doncha think? Given Putin's hatred of HRC, and his love of manipulation and misdirection, it doesn't seem illogical to think he might have wanted to help tilt the election Trump's way. (stream last night's "Frontline" - it's a pretty cogent packaging of what is known so far)

As I've indicated before, I'm an Independent, not a partisan, and the only thing I wave a foam finger for is democracy and transparency in government. One thing that should be made transparent is the kind of company that our POTUS keeps, wouldn't you agree? If you read the 12-count indictment released Monday, then you surely are getting a better picture of that. And Trump's amazing flipflop on the importance of Papadopolous to his campaign in 2016 is certainly suggestive. In 2016, Papadop was a valued member of the team, now he's...um, just a boy who gets coffeee, nothing to see here....
Last edited by Braininvat on November 2nd, 2017, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 2nd, 2017, 10:02 am 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/27/us/politics/trump-dossier-paul-singer.html

WASHINGTON — The Washington Free Beacon, a conservative website funded by a major Republican donor, first hired the research firm that months later produced for Democrats the salacious dossier describing ties between Donald J. Trump and the Russian government, the website said on Friday.

The Free Beacon, funded in large part by the New York hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer, hired the firm, Fusion GPS, in 2015 to unearth damaging information about several Republican presidential candidates, including Mr. Trump. But The Free Beacon told the firm to stop doing research on Mr. Trump in May 2016, as Mr. Trump was clinching the Republican nomination.....
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby toucana on November 2nd, 2017, 11:32 am 

papadopolous.jpg

Here's a handy snapshot of #neverheardofhim #justacoffeeboy #unpaidvolunteer AKA senior foreign policy advisor George Papadopolous seated at a National Security Meeting with other members of the Trump campaign team on 31 March 2016.

George Papdopolous is sitting third from the left, (two up from Jeff Sessions) with Donald Trump seated at the far end of the table.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby SciameriKen on November 2nd, 2017, 2:46 pm 

someguy1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:38 am wrote:The longer Dems stay in denial about that, the longer they'll never wake up and start figuring out why they lost. You want to lose 2018 and 2020 too? Keep blaming the Russians. I'm not the only one saying that, plenty of Democrats are saying the same thing.

I initially concur with the viewpoint that the "Russian" thing was overblown by the Clinton camp to salvage what is left of Clinton ideology. Along these lines, a recent book by Donna Brazille - summarized here - sheds a lot of light of just how intertwined the Clinton camp and the DNC were( https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... on/544778/).

I do find it hard to believe 200K of Facebook ads was the difference against 2 Billion that Clinton was working with. Additionally, I would guess people already voting for Trump were the most likely consumers of these ads. Probably the biggest factors of why Trump won the swing states was voter ID laws (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/w ... .html?_r=0) - which did exactly what the Republicans wanted - keeping legitimate left-leaning voters from being able to vote - and the obvious - that Clinton was somebody the average voter did not want.

This being said - the Russians efforts beyond facebook clearly had impacts in this election. The hacking of Podesta's and the DNC emails was a major factor. Certainly one could argue the unveiling of corrupt entities is a good thing - but perhaps not when it is a foreign government trying to influence an election.
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby zetreque on November 2nd, 2017, 9:39 pm 

Raw Video: Sen. Feinstein Criticizes Tech Firms On Russian Meddling
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby someguy1 on November 3rd, 2017, 12:12 am 

zetreque » November 2nd, 2017, 7:39 pm wrote:Raw Video: Sen. Feinstein Criticizes Tech Firms On Russian Meddling

Yeah DiFi. She's one of my Senators and I've watched her in action since she was a San Francisco supervisor. As a US Senator she votes for the wars and her husband profits from them. Colors my view of who she is and what she's up to. http://www.antiwar.com/frank/?articleid=8609 among many other links you could Google to verify that fact.

Anyway about this tech business. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. Try to step back a little. The social media companies have become the gateways for what counts as free speech. It's very tricky because as non-governmental entities they are not bound by the Constitution and can block people for being left-handed if they like.

On the other hand they have in fact become the very mechanism of speech in our society. So there's a legal fight coming up in the next few years as we decide what is free speech.

Now DiFi never met a civil liberty she didn't want to stamp out. The right wingers call her a "San Francisco liberal" but that's just to whip up their base. She talks the talk on social issue but when it comes to civil liberties and war, she's slightly to the right of Torquemada. And she wields a lot of power.

What she would like is for the government to be the final arbiter of what can be expressed. That of course is the exact opposite of both the spirit and the letter of the First Amendment. But she says, "Oh those terrible Russians, you tech companies must crack down on propaganda and "fake news."" And the public ... dare I say some of the more Statist-minded posters in these political threads -- get sucked in. Oh yes those Russians are dangerous, we must let the government lean on the tech companies to stamp out alternative views, free thinking, and anything that doesn't fit the official narrative and mainstream orthodoxy.
fcont
In recent weeks, Youtube (owned by Google) has "demonetized" every alternative news source on the site. So if you have an opinion or a question about anything that the official narrative has already decided for you -- 9/11, Las Vegas, social justice, whatever -- you can no longer make money from Youtube. And their search algorithms make you disappear. A news consumer who simply SEEKS an alternate point of view can't find one.

Youtube and Facebook have a terrible record for suppressing conservative and libertarian thought. You might not be a conservative or a libertarian, but if you're fairminded you know that's wrong. Lawsuits are starting to be filed.

Add to that the lack of understanding or support for free speech among the college crowd these days, and in fact many on the left and right. Free speech is under attack from all sides today like never before.

So this Kabuki where Dianne Feinstein bullies the tech lords to crack down on speech DiFi doesn't approve of -- it frightens me, it angers me, and it concerns me greatly. I tend to see the big picture on issues like this and not get sucked into the latest red-baiting hysteria. "Oh once we stamp out opinions from Russians we'll have a better society."

Once you start thinking that, you're well down the road to totalitarian thought control.

By the way Russia Today, which runs a very excellent streaming news channel, has also been demonetized and is not allowed to receive advertising revenue. Previously RT was a huge source of revenue for Youtube. It's a good channel. It's informative and high quality. It presents points of view you don't hear on FOX/CNN/MSNBC or read in the New York Times. It's not propaganda. It's just a news channel run by Russians.

This is censorship. It's red-baiting. And it's a step down a very slippery slope.

That's what the DiFi charade is about. That's what's going on when DiFi browbeats the techies about shutting down free speech. Under the guise of, "Goodness gracious, we can't allow Russians to say anything Americans might hear."

I hope I've been able to put this Senate hearing in some perspective; and if nothing else, express how I feel about the subject.
Last edited by someguy1 on November 3rd, 2017, 12:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
someguy1

Postby zetreque on November 3rd, 2017, 12:23 am 

you can no longer make money from Youtube.

Never really have been able to. I saw first hand how they operate. Soon as you reach a threshold where they will pay you, they bump the threshold up so you don't get a check. I am anti-google (and google products) these days.

I already gave up on the internet a while back. It was ruined just like everything humans touch or create that started off good.

I pretty much just watch reruns of old tv when I do watch something. Or specific DIY, or science research I am investigating. As for everything else online, I can't even trust if you are a real person (Not that I would have even 10 years ago) :p
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby toucana on November 3rd, 2017, 6:50 am 

If you are wondering how Russia might have used social media to polarise the 2016 election, or what the relevance of micro-targeted advertising on Facebook was, see this article which puts it in a nutshell:

https://teapainusa.wordpress.com/2017/07/10/spectrum-healths-role-in-the-trump-russia-server-scandal/

If you wish to read more about the targeting algorithms developed by the Mercer/Bannon owned Cambridge Analytica data-mining firm, then try this link:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mg9vvn/how-our-likes-helped-trump-win
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Braininvat on November 3rd, 2017, 10:35 am 

The real problem is that too many Americans are as gullible as small children. Teach everyone critical thinking skills and how to evaluate evidence, and it wouldn't matter how much crap was spewed across cyberspace.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on November 3rd, 2017, 12:37 pm 

toucana » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:50 am wrote:If you are wondering how Russia might have used social media to polarise the 2016 election, or what the relevance of micro-targeted advertising on Facebook was, see this article which puts it in a nutshell:

https://teapainusa.wordpress.com/2017/07/10/spectrum-healths-role-in-the-trump-russia-server-scandal/

If you wish to read more about the targeting algorithms developed by the Mercer/Bannon owned Cambridge Analytica data-mining firm, then try this link:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mg9vvn/how-our-likes-helped-trump-win

Second article doesn't state it, but the metaphor there is of discovering how to split the atom which lead to nuclear weapons.
It's hard to imagine after what has happened that president tweet could win again, but if they invest all that money back into this platform, it's.... a nightmarish future for the world where we have clueless ignorants living privileged lives draining resources faster than ever so they can make a buck and feel good about thinking they are winners.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby zetreque on November 3rd, 2017, 12:45 pm 

I've actually put effort over the past 10 years into ignoring and mentally blocking out advertisements of all kinds.

They keep moving advertisement locations around on positioning of the website too to combat the human's natural ability to ignore something that becomes common.

To my surprise sometimes I will be on the computer with someone and they will get so distracted by irrelevant ads or information on a website when I naturally label it as irrelevant and know where to find the feature or button I am looking for.

It can be frustrated when I'm trying to help someone and they are so easily swayed by the irrelevant features of a website. It's an acquired skill I think.

It also explains why I get so pissed off when companies keep changing the layout of their website making it harder for me to constantly find the navigation pane or what I want inside the navigation pane. It's one of the two main reasons I have hated facebook from the beginning. I could never navigate easily to what I wanted on their platform. Ever since before the election i have had the face book purity extension installed to block out everything except my stream.

Then after the election you had people saying not to do that. That everyone should try to view and focus on the opposite side of the view and news so that they can understand "the other side". Of course that is BS, because the other side is a myth. While we all have different interests, hobbies and backgrounds, we as humans have the same desires and needs in life to be happy.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby Braininvat on November 3rd, 2017, 2:30 pm 

The "side" that's really a threat are the people who simply have no internal filter for outrageous. Maybe Hillary is a lesbian pedophile. Could be. Maybe she had Vince Foster murdered. Sure, why not, the pros know how to fake a suicide. Their brains convert "possible" to "probable." Because "everybody" says it happened. Truth is determined, not by facts and evidence, but by consensus.

And by repetition. Just hear it 5000 times. You will believe! Oldest brainwash method in the book.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby SciameriKen on November 3rd, 2017, 4:32 pm 

Braininvat » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:30 pm wrote:The "side" that's really a threat are the people who simply have no internal filter for outrageous. Maybe Hillary is a lesbian pedophile. Could be. Maybe she had Vince Foster murdered. Sure, why not, the pros know how to fake a suicide. Their brains convert "possible" to "probable." Because "everybody" says it happened. Truth is determined, not by facts and evidence, but by consensus.

And by repetition. Just hear it 5000 times. You will believe! Oldest brainwash method in the book.

Ultimately it gets down to the lack or delay of consequences for certain decisions. It's very easy to take an anti-vaccine position when everyone else is vaccinated - they hardly will make the connection when 10-20 years down the line measles is a thing again. I think for this reason the Democrats suffer by being the bearer of bad news (i.e. global warming, abortion, gun control, etc)
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby zetreque on November 4th, 2017, 12:15 am 

toucana » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:50 am wrote:If you are wondering how Russia might have used social media to polarise the 2016 election, or what the relevance of micro-targeted advertising on Facebook was, see this article which puts it in a nutshell:

Related to what was said in the one article about targeting people based off of their belief in the police. This week I saw for the first time a police version of the American flag. I find it a disturbing artifact of the administration promoting the US to be a police state. Striking fear into people over terrorism, and vague threats, and what that article described as individual psychological profiling targeted advertising where it can be spun in different ways to bring out strong emotions about certain issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_blue_line

http://www.usflags.com/products/5217-th ... -flag.aspx
Meaning of the Thin Blue Line Flag: The Blue represents the officer and the courage they find deep inside when faced with insurmountable odds. The Black background was designed as a constant reminder of our fallen brother and sister officers. The Line is what police officers protect, the barrier between anarchy and a civilized society, between order and chaos, between respect for decency and lawlessness. Together they symbolize the camaraderie law enforcement officers all share, a brotherhood like none other.

If I would not get shunned for it, I'd be flying the flag up side down right now. Can't do that, but decorate it with police embolism and it's ok?

How does one make the connection between loving your police and hating "BS political correctness"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX7lLzKqwDg
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby zetreque on November 4th, 2017, 12:28 am 

Oh look, and you can buy a whole collection of them including a Trump flag straight out of China.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/u-s-amer ... 76013.html
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Return to News Discussion Forum