President Bernie Sanders

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

President Bernie Sanders

Postby zetreque on November 2nd, 2017, 7:53 pm 

If anything comes out of this broken election and dealing with now with disgusting consequences, maybe we will at least get more transparency or lessons for combating such acts of foreign influence, and financial money launder against our democracy in the future. Unfortunately, the current president is making it worse allowing for more corporate and biased influence in the elections.

Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... 016-215774

This really should be Bernie Sanders's term right now. The only way Chump became president is because he found someone so awful to run against that it gave him a chance in hell. It is of my opinion and should seem apparent to those paying attention however that Clinton would have been 10x better than chump.

But I could not believe it when Hillary got it over Bernie. Nobody likes her except hard core opposite spectrum of chump. Such a nightmare election. Hillary killed us and I have said IRL all along that she and trump both belong in the same prison cell.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: President Bernie Sanders

Postby someguy1 on November 2nd, 2017, 8:22 pm 

zetreque » November 2nd, 2017, 5:53 pm wrote:But I could not believe it when Hillary got it over Bernie. Nobody likes her except hard core opposite spectrum of chump. Such a nightmare election. Hillary killed us and I have said IRL all along that she and trump both belong in the same prison cell.

When I made the exact same points the other day, you called me a right winger and said all this was old news. Hypocritical? Or can I take it that you are starting to come around to my point of view?

In any event, along the lines of my "try to see beneath the surface" way of reading the news, there are a couple of takeaways here. After all, the surface revelations: that Obama left the party in worse shape than anyone realized, the DWS was incompetent, and that Hillary is a crook; are hardly news. They're what everyone already knows.

The two things I take from this is one, Donna Brazile humiliated herself and destroyed her formerly good reputation by getting caught passing debate questions from CNN to Hillary. She had to think ok, is there anything I can do to rehabilitate my reputation? Clearly a DNC tell-all that throws Hillary and DNC and to some extent Obama under the bus is one way to do that, perhaps her only way.

Secondly, the Clintons are finished, to say the least, and perhaps even in potentially deep legal trouble. Else Brazile couldn't go after Hillary in public like this. The Clintons have no more favors to sell and no more friends in high places and it's clear the elite have decided to throw them to the wolves.

But the biggest surprise to me is that you essentially agree with me about Hillary. You really went after me the other day for making the exact same points that you just made.
someguy1

Postby zetreque on November 2nd, 2017, 9:19 pm 

It was OLD news, and it's the typical right wing argument to answer anything against trump with. "Well Hillary did this..." "Well Hillary said that..." while ignoring how utterly horrific Trump is.

Like I already told you. I despise Hillary. I'm not coming around to your view. I was there already when I caucused for Bernie. If I had a dime for every time I heard or read someone respond to something against Trump with "Well Hillary (fill in the blank)".

Trump is the king of all evil. Hillary is just status quo evil that got him there. It all must be exposed. But apparently even when it is, people turn their head more than ever now.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby SciameriKen on November 3rd, 2017, 12:38 am 

Here's a list of things I'm pondering:

1) When do we get someone to break ranks about the collusion between main stream media and the Clintons?
2) For extra credit - will someone break ranks about voting fraud in the primaries?
3) Is this move by Donna merely to salvage her political career or is she being put up to do this to retaliate against Clinton for that book she wrote and refusal to just go away?
4) Does this mean the DNC is looking at Millennials being the future and are laying the groundwork for a Bernie Sander's run?

This last point seems highly unlikely - Bernie would be very old for an initial presidency - so perhaps this is more about setting it up for Elizabeth Warren. I'm a bit disgusted with Warren who is now publicly agreeing with Donna (https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... ton-244487). There was a pivotal moment in the primary that she could have backed Sanders and she choose not to. If you ask me the only chance this country has is if it elects someone who is not a baby boomer.
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby zetreque on November 3rd, 2017, 12:44 am 

SciameriKen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:38 pm wrote: If you ask me the only chance this country has is if it elects someone who is not a baby boomer.

I could make an easy guess on who that would be. :D
Check out 314 Action for assistance.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Postby someguy1 on November 3rd, 2017, 1:04 am 

SciameriKen » November 2nd, 2017, 10:38 pm wrote: If you ask me the only chance this country has is if it elects someone who is not a baby boomer.

As I mentioned in another thread that Dianne Feinstein is one of my Senators, Kamala Harris is the other. She's a corporatist "liberal" and no friend of liberty. I hope you're not thinking of her. I like Cory Booker among the new generation Democrats. If I had to pick a favorite for 2020 he'd probably be it at the moment but it's a long way till then. And I can only support a Democrat if they start getting real about reaching out to this country. I see little evidence of that. I can't think of any young GOPs I like at the moment. I sort of liked Marco last time around but I think Trump destroyed him by calling him little Marco.
someguy1

Postby Braininvat on November 5th, 2017, 12:25 pm 

I like Booker, too.

Rubio is fairly moderate and not sclerotic in his thinking, but he did some rather doubtful stuff back in his FL legislature days - abandoning constituents when it was expedient for advancing his position. Not sure I'd trust him.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on November 5th, 2017, 1:01 pm 

And we need to go back to legislative districting that uses natural borders and end the gerrymandering. Write your legislators, sign petitions, get involved. Maybe even take a walk that zig zags a lot...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/05/gerrymander-5k-run-asheville-north-carolina-republicans
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Sivad on November 13th, 2017, 5:16 pm 

Braininvat » November 5th, 2017, 10:01 am wrote:And we need to go back to legislative districting that uses natural borders and end the gerrymandering.

Hey BiV, you understand this stuff, what do you think of this?
Sivad

Postby Braininvat on November 13th, 2017, 8:55 pm 

Seems like it's a politically neutral method that would not favor either party. Anything that uses simple geometric principles is likely more of a "natural" method than what we presently have in the U.S. Unfortunately, "you understand this stuff" would be a gross overstatement, given that I had never heard of this method until about 5 minutes ago. I want to chew on this stuff for a while, and maybe research a bit more. I wonder how such a system really works with humans, who don't tend to distribute themselves across the surface of the earth quite so evenly. Hmm.
Braininvat
Resident Member

Postby Lomax on November 13th, 2017, 9:25 pm 

Yep, distributing voting districts by population rather than geographical area makes more sense to me. Otherwise the "one man, one vote" principle is not how it sounds. California has only 18.3 times as many electors as Wyoming, despite having 67.7 times the population. Want your vote to be worth nearly four times as much? Move to Wyoming.
Lomax
Forum Administrator

Return to News Discussion Forum