Trump To Receive Medical Exam In January

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Trump To Receive Medical Exam In January

Postby toucana on December 29th, 2017, 5:56 pm 

Bloomberg among other US media outlets have reported yesterday that President Trump will receive a formal medical examination on 12 January and that the results will be released soon after.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-28/trump-to-receive-medical-exam-and-release-results-in-january

The detail in the report that will arouse some interest is that the medical examination will be conducted by a military physician Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson at the Walter Reed National Military Center in Bethesda Maryland.

Jackson will issue a public statement on the president’s health after the exam according to White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

By protocol a US president always has two physicians, one civil and one military. This reflects the constitutional reality that a president is also the commander-in-chief of the nation’s miltary forces as well as the executive head of the civilian government.

The president may choose his own personal physician, but a military physician is also assigned by the Pentagon along with a specific military medical centre to take care of any medical issues that might arise in connection with the president’s role as commander-in-chief.

The choice of service depends in part on the military background (if any) of the president. The 35th president John F. Kennedy for example was a decorated naval war hero and was assigned to the care of the Bethesda Naval Hospital (It’s why his autopsy was held there after his assassination in Dallas Texas in November 1963).

Trump’s personal physician Harold Bornstein has been prone to issue anodyne and largely content-free medical assessments in the past describing his patient as “the healthiest individual ever elected”, or stating that his laboratory tests were “astonishingly excellent”.

In the light of recent episodes of slurred speech and dysfunctional behaviour by the president in various public appearances, it remains to be seen whether a military physician will give the president such a clean bill of health.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Trump To Receive Medical Exam In January

Postby toucana on January 13th, 2018, 11:16 pm 

President Trump underwent his medical examination on Friday and was declared to be in 'excellent health' according to a statement issued by the White House.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/trump-in-excellent-health-says-white-house-doctor.html

The curious thing is that the examining physician who signed the report apparently forgot how to spell his own name which was given as ' Dr Ronnie Jackson'. The president's military physician is actually called Rear Admiral Ronny L. Jackson.

Doubtless it was the excitement of meeting the CIC in person.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Postby someguy1 on January 14th, 2018, 2:38 am 

toucana » January 13th, 2018, 9:16 pm wrote:The president's military physician is actually called Rear Admiral Ronny L. Jackson.

Is the rear admiral the guy who administers the prostate exam?
someguy1

Postby Braininvat on January 14th, 2018, 11:30 am 

In the UK, he would serve His Royal Anus.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby jocular on January 14th, 2018, 2:21 pm 

In ano fidemus.
jocular

Postby Serpent on January 14th, 2018, 2:29 pm 

I'm still grappling with a 50-year-old man who goes by Ronny.
That aside, it wasn't the president's prostate, (or kidneys, or pancreas) that we've been worried about.
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby zetreque on January 14th, 2018, 2:55 pm 

toucana » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:16 pm wrote:
The curious thing is that the examining physician who signed the report apparently forgot how to spell his own name which was given as ' Dr Ronnie Jackson'. The president's military physician is actually called Rear Admiral Ronny L. Jackson.

That's now news unless there is evidence of forgery. I have know people who have oddly gone by many different names and spellings.

I have documents inherited from my grandma where she spells her name all sorts of ways. It was a problem I found and apparently is common when looking into one's ancestry.

On legal documents, such as DMV, you will sometimes notice they have a section for any other names you have gone by in the past.

And yes, I agree with Serpent. The organs are the last thing people care about at the moment.
There was a news story out right after this that lays out the history of reasons/evidence why there needs to be a mental examination and also shows physically poor shape.
zetreque
Forum Moderator

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Serpent on January 14th, 2018, 4:12 pm 

We have an occasional visitor who suffered a near-fatal electrocution some years ago, which turned him into a prophet. Not exactly: the way he explains it is that it rendered him sensitive to communication from some extraterrestrial entities (very possibly angels) who live years head of our time-phase. Anyway, they've confided to him, and he's confided to us, and now I'm confiding to you, and feel free to tweet Mr. Trump's bodyguard, that the real danger to the president's life is in food, most likely something chocolate, placed there by a trusted member of his staff. Around mid-March of this year.
(I would not only lmao, but start lining my own headgear with silver foil.)
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby toucana on January 16th, 2018, 7:42 pm 

MT_1.png
Part Of Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test

The Montreal Cognitive Test that Donald Trump passed was devised 20 years ago by a young neurologist called Ziad Nasreddine.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/how-an-immigrant-to-canada-helped-donald-trump-prove-his-mental-health

Nasreddine says the exam doesn’t test for everything: it doesn’t examine judgment, or personality, and in certain cases, he says, it can be duped by an extremely educated subject.

But he’s uniquely proud of one thing, and he hopes the president draws lessons from it: This shows how immigrants, and Arabs, can make valuable contributions to American society. Nasreddine came to Canada as a teenager with his family during the civil war in his homeland, Lebanon.

Here's a PDF link to the complete Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test.

http://dementia.ie/images/uploads/site-images/MoCA-Test-English_7_1.pdf
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Postby jocular on January 16th, 2018, 8:13 pm 

[quote="toucana » January 16th, 2018, 7:42 pm"

Here's a PDF link to the complete Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test.

http://dementia.ie/images/uploads/site-images/MoCA-Test-English_7_1.pdf[/quote]

Does it test for stable geniality? :-)
jocular

Postby toucana on January 16th, 2018, 9:27 pm 

Hey! Look on the bright side. At least the man in charge of the largest thermonuclear arsenal in the world can tell the difference between a rhinoceros and a camel.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Postby someguy1 on January 16th, 2018, 10:45 pm 

"Trump ruled perfectly healthy. Millions of liberals in despair."
someguy1

Postby jocular on January 16th, 2018, 11:00 pm 

someguy1 » January 16th, 2018, 10:45 pm wrote:"Trump ruled perfectly healthy. Millions of liberals in despair."

Millions of liberals in despair.Trump ruled perfectly healthy
jocular

Postby someguy1 on January 16th, 2018, 11:43 pm 

jocular » January 16th, 2018, 9:00 pm wrote:
someguy1 » January 16th, 2018, 10:45 pm wrote:"Trump ruled perfectly healthy. Millions of liberals in despair."

I swear I totally don't get it. I see you reversed the sentences but I don't get how that changes the meaning or makes a joke. It must be me!

Also if anyone looked at that test, I couldn't figure out what the first one was supposed to be, where it says to draw a cube then gives you these nodes and arrows from 1 to A to 2. I had no idea what they wanted. Also I couldn't remember if that was a llama or a dromedary. Or was it a camel?
someguy1

Postby Braininvat on January 17th, 2018, 11:00 am 

someguy1 » January 16th, 2018, 7:45 pm wrote:"Trump ruled perfectly healthy. Millions of liberals in despair."

Doubt many people wish sickness on Trump. More likely they wish for justice for Trump, and honesty and accountability from their elected officials. I wish DT good health and the mental focus that would provide him the potential for learning how governments and foreign relations work and what it's like to be poor and/or a member of a racial or religious minority. He is, after all, the President of all Americans, not just rural white Christians and the rich. Good mental health could increase his prospects of seeing the defects in Grievance Politics and white nationalism and the selling off of natural resources and our grand children's planet. So I wish him the utmost mental health.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Braininvat on January 17th, 2018, 12:42 pm 

http://theweek.com/speedreads/749127/girthers-arent-buying-trumps-official-weight-height

The Girther movement: karma's a b--ch, isn't it, Mr. President?
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby SciameriKen on January 17th, 2018, 3:28 pm 

someguy1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 am wrote:
jocular » January 16th, 2018, 9:00 pm wrote:

I swear I totally don't get it. I see you reversed the sentences but I don't get how that changes the meaning or makes a joke. It must be me!

Also if anyone looked at that test, I couldn't figure out what the first one was supposed to be, where it says to draw a cube then gives you these nodes and arrows from 1 to A to 2. I had no idea what they wanted. Also I couldn't remember if that was a llama or a dromedary. Or was it a camel?

The MOCA is one of the top tests for determining cognitive impairment. It does have some downsides though, among them is perhaps a higher rate of false positives for mild cognitive impairment (https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/ ... ant_id=455 - classified 44% as having mild cognitive impairment when they didn't). The test down below says a normal person should score a 26 or higher - but I can easily see where points can be lost to misunderstanding that might put someone easily slightly below 26 (which would be mild cognitive impairment).

I can't for sure say what the exact instructions are for administering the MOCA - but if it helps, I'd guess a test giver would first ask you to finish connecting the lines and next they would ask you to simply redraw the cube. If that doesn't help with the first question I can give you the answer, but then again you might me mildly cognitively impaired :)
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Postby toucana on January 18th, 2018, 12:54 am 

I am but mad Nor' Nor' West
When the wind is southerly, I know a rhinoceros from a camel.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Return to News Discussion Forum