Nunes Wants To Build A Wall In His Office

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Nunes Wants To Build A Wall In His Office

Postby toucana on February 8th, 2018, 4:18 pm 

Every once in a while you come across a news story that seems to have either wandered off the pages of a satirical magazine like The Onion, or been scripted by Cheech & Chong during a week-long bong-bender.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-intel-committee-gop-plan-to-wall-themselves-off-from-democrats-devin-nunes-adam-schiff/

CBS News are the hands-down winners of the award for the most ridiculous report of the year so far.

Not content with covering himself in ridicule with his preposterous 'memo', Devin Nunes apparently now plans to build a literal wall down the middle of the secure meeting room of the House Intelligence Committee in order to prevent Republican and Democrat staffers from seeing or communicating with each other.

Having spent the last year desperately trying to sabotage and derail the HIC investigation into possible Russian collusion and election tampering, Devin Nunes the sometime chair of the HIC clearly feels that his work in obstructing justice is not yet complete.

Other Republican House Intel committee members are denying all knowledge of the proposal:

"I'm not part of that decision," said Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas. "You've got to talk to Devin. I don't know what they're trying to do one way or the other."

"I swear to God I didn't know that," said Rep. Tom Rooney, R-Florida, when asked about the plan. While acknowledging a wall might not be constructive for the committee's work, he said, "The level of trust and the level of everything down there is – it's poison. It's absolute poison down there."

"Bipartisanship, is gone. - It's gone from that committee." he added.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Nunes Wants To Build A Wall In His Office

Postby Asparagus on February 8th, 2018, 4:40 pm 

"All in all it's just a..."
Asparagus

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Nunes Wants To Build A Wall In His Office

Postby Braininvat on February 9th, 2018, 2:43 pm 

Pink Floyd, Robert Frost....so many wall jokes, so little time.

The idiocy of Trump surrogates never ceases to amaze.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Return to News Discussion Forum