Nazi Pug

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Nazi Pug

Postby BadgerJelly on April 8th, 2018, 10:46 am 

This is quite insane and I am a bit behind the news on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAopshGFYNo

Very nice and direct response to being found "guilty".
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Re: Nazi Pug

Postby Braininvat on April 8th, 2018, 3:24 pm 

Couple thoughts:

Some Scots need subtitles. A brogue so thick a spoon will stand up in it.

This is silly. He makes a video of a pug dog doing a Nazi salute, as a joke for his GF and other friends. If Mel Brooks makes jokes about Nazis, it gets him rave reviews and an Oscar. If a Scotsman does it, he is convicted of a crime? Cmon, Britain, what happened to your sense of humor?
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby curiosity on April 8th, 2018, 6:40 pm 

This has to be a wind up... A comedian getting charged for having a slightly twisted sense of humour??? I don't believe being antisemitic is even a criminal offence in this country. ( not that I think this guy is antisemitic.)
Hmm, satire is now a prosecutable offence???

I don't believe the Israeli army should be murdering un-armed Palestinians, or ethnically cleansing the Palestinian land they have stolen. (We are supposed to call it "occupied,"as that doesn't sound so bad.) So... I suppose I will be classed as being antisemitic too, even though I'm not, " There are even many Jewish people who share my opinion!" It seems though that any Jewish person who criticizes Israeli government policy towards Palestinians, is labelled as a self hater.

"What a sad, strange world, we live in!"
curiosity

Postby wolfhnd on April 8th, 2018, 10:21 pm 

The globalists followed by the Marxists are causing more trouble than Nazis these days but that could change I suppose almost overnight so the Nazis definitely need watching. I think the whole fear of the right is driven as much by the threat to the globalist agenda (which is a pipe dream they can't even keep the markets from imploding) and is totally out of proportion to the real threat but I have been wrong before.
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby BadgerJelly on April 9th, 2018, 12:59 am 

Braininvat » April 9th, 2018, 3:24 am wrote:Couple thoughts:

Some Scots need subtitles. A brogue so thick a spoon will stand up in it.

This is silly. He makes a video of a pug dog doing a Nazi salute, as a joke for his GF and other friends. If Mel Brooks makes jokes about Nazis, it gets him rave reviews and an Oscar. If a Scotsman does it, he is convicted of a crime? Cmon, Britain, what happened to your sense of humor?

It's happening everywhere and the backlash is starting. It's going to be messy :(

Hate speech laws are a VERY serious problem in every western country now. The universities are under serious threat and how such a thing is going to be reversed is beyond me.

Unless you're studying hard science or math at university you have to be VERY careful with what you say now.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby toucana on April 9th, 2018, 3:35 am 

Unless you're studying hard science or math at university you have to be VERY careful with what you say now.

Just don't mention Gottlob Frege or Fredrick Soddy.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Return to News Discussion Forum