Baseball season classic

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Baseball season classic

Postby Braininvat on April 12th, 2018, 11:47 am 

I know that April 1 was 12 days ago, but this Onion article is a great way to start the baseball season. Americans who lived through the 90s here may enjoy this.

https://sports.theonion.com/baseball-imposes-tough-new-three-strikes-youre-out-rule-1819564138
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Re: Baseball season classic

Postby toucana on April 12th, 2018, 11:57 am 

Looks like the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox are already well up to speed, even this early in the season.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/us-sport/new-york-yankees-boston-red-sox-fight-video-tyler-austin-joe-kelly-score-result-mlb-a8300771.html
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Baseball season classic

Postby Braininvat on April 12th, 2018, 12:16 pm 

The Red Sox-Yankees rivalry gets pretty tiresome. The spiking of the second baseman, in the earlier inning, looked accidental. The 98 mph fastball I'm not sure about. Generally, a pitcher shouldn't be throwing punches with his bare hands, even if he is claiming it was self-defense. I used to think the Sox were, relatively speaking, a class act, and I rooted for them over the massively over-monetized Yankees. (and the three years I lived in Boston, in my childhood, may have been a factor at one time.....)

BTW, I forwarded your question, Toucan, regarding the problems with attached image files, to the new Admin.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Return to News Discussion Forum