Waffle House Shooter Previously Arrested Near White House

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Waffle House Shooter Previously Arrested Near White House

Postby toucana on April 22nd, 2018, 6:17 pm 

The man suspected of killing four people at a Waffle House in Nashville on Sunday was previously arrested by the US Secret Service for trespassing and being in a restricted area near the White House, authorities said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/22/us/waffle-house-shooter-white-house/index.html

In July 2017, Travis Reinking told a DC Metropolitan officer that he must get into the White House to speak with the President, according to an arrest report.

Reinking told the officer that he had to speak with the President and that he was a "sovereign citizen" who had a right to inspect the grounds. He was arrested and charged with unlawful entry, the report states.

According to court records, Reinking entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with community service on July 26, 2017. On November 17, 2017, the court determined Reinking had successfully completed the program and the case was dismissed.

Shortly after his release, Reinking was interviewed by the FBI in Illinois, where he lived at the time.

Authorities revoked Reinking's firearm authorization and seized four weapons after the interview. One of those weapons was the AR-15 used in Sunday's Waffle House shooting, which killed four people, according to the Metropolitan Nashville Police.

Police later returned the seized weapons to Reinking's father, who gave them back to his son, police said.

Reinking is still on the run from the police after shooting four people at a Waffle House in Nashville Tennessee on Sunday.

The motive for the shooting remains unclear.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Waffle House Shooter Previously Arrested Near White Hous

Postby Event Horizon on April 23rd, 2018, 10:02 am 

Top respect for the lad that wrestled the weapon from the purp. He apparently said the barrel burned him, but normally they take more than half a dozen or so shots to get uncomfortably hot, so I'm wondering how much ammunition was used over that time period..

I also heard on a BBC radio channel he also fled naked. How? I was talking to my fiancee about this last night and we surmised he was probably high or psychotic or both. I suggested it had similarities to PCP intoxication, but we were just speculating about that.
Event Horizon

Return to News Discussion Forum