Palestinian thread

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Re: Palestinian thread

Postby Sivad on May 27th, 2018, 7:07 pm 

Event Horizon » May 27th, 2018, 7:51 am wrote:IMO, the best thing would be for the UN to send in a force to protect Jews from Arabs and Vice versa.

That's a pretty good idea, a sort of 'no state solution'. Make the territory a UN protectorate. That could really work. It would allow for democracy while guaranteeing an open secular society with full civil rights for all citizens. I doubt either party would be amenable to it but it is a very fair and sensible solution.
Sivad

Postby curiosity on May 28th, 2018, 6:16 pm 

IMO, the best thing would be for the UN to send in a force to protect Jews from Arabs and Vice versa.

The idea of having an unbiased military organisation made up of troops under secondment from all the nations of the world, is a good one.
If those troops were to receive their orders, from a democratic, multinational, and impartial leadership, that organisation would be the embodiment of what the UN was envisioned as being.
Unfortunately the UN is none of the aforementioned. It is an impotent toothless sham and basically a laughing stock. All it ever does is make recommendations, which regimes such as the Israeli one totally ignore.

The only "hope" offered by the UN is... "No hope!"
curiosity

Postby Event Horizon on May 29th, 2018, 4:16 pm 

Unfortunately I believe the UN would make a lot of difference if it wasn't for the fact that the US is a permanent member, and veto's everything pertaining to Israel. This is not in the spirit of justice or international law and responsibility that we should expect.

I do think a rational approach is achievable if and when a realist ever gets elected. But realists tend not be popular. Trumps campaign ran on pure hyperbole. Even Putin told Netanyahu to "Grow up and stop living in the Bible" at one point. But slights are just opinions, and don't affect anything on a grand scale.

The Palestinians have the right to return to the properties and land, which is one of the reasons for the recent demonstrations during which Israel killed 60 or so protesters, a dozen journalists and paramedics. Thousands were wounded. No Israeli citizens were harmed. Overkill in the literal sense.
Event Horizon

Postby Event Horizon on May 29th, 2018, 10:31 pm 

Just receiving video now of Israeli warplanes attacking 25 sites in Gaza. I do not have any intel re: troop incursions yet. The Israelis were claiming to be hitting Hamas targets though Hamas fighters are still in Syria fighting Daesh as far as I know. Perhaps Israel should concentrate on Hezbollah who are Iranian sponsored, well armed and trained, and are just across the border in Lebanon.

Nobody in power except for a handful of countries cares about the Palestinians' human and geopolitical rights. I will continue to advocate for the BDS campaign which is a growing international movement to boycott, divest and sanction Israel, in an attempt to make them conform to international law and norms. I am banned from Israel for supporting this movement. Some states in America tried to ban the movement, but was found to be legal under 1st amendment rights under the constitution.

@TruetorahJews, @Jewsforpeace and other Jewish groups also support the BDS campaign. I'm not really sure how else to affect change. The US state is just a patsy to Zionism, so no help there.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/is ... nt=English
Event Horizon

Postby wolfhnd on May 29th, 2018, 10:37 pm 

The solution to this problem is to deconstruct Palestinian and Jewish identity.
wolfhnd
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Event Horizon on May 29th, 2018, 10:59 pm 

wolfhnd » May 30th, 2018, 3:37 am wrote:The solution to this problem is to deconstruct Palestinian and Jewish identity.

Is that even possible? I note you say deconstruct rather than destroy. This is such a thorny issue. I'd be keen to hear what you had in mind. In the absence of a plan, any new plan is the best plan I guess.
Event Horizon

Postby curiosity on June 3rd, 2018, 12:28 am 

The Israelis have the right to protect themselves! The Palestinians don't ???

Any person who criticises Israeli anti-Palestinian policy, will be branded an anti-Semite !
As many Palestinians are traditionally equally as Semitic as the Jews , does that not make many Israelis anti-Semites?
Oh what a strange world we live in!

Following the latest US veto... Once again the UN shows us how impotent it is...
If the UN was a fair and moral organisation, it would be democratic, each member nation would have a vote and a two thirds majority would be enough to carry a proposal. Abstentions could possibly be allowed, but the veto should not be an option given to any nation, it simply makes a mockery of any attempt to deliver a just decision due to its openness to abuse.

Nikki Haley gives the impression that she is mentally deficient as she spouts out her blatantly pro-Israeli propaganda on TV, her dull monotone drawl and the dispassionate expression on her face would make it hard to believe her, even if she was actually telling the truth.
She makes herself look very foolish with her pathetic attempts to accuse the UN of having a one sided opinion regarding the violence toward unarmed protesters by the IDF. Doesn't she even realise that her boringly constant mention of HAMAS is totally irrelevant, "due to there being no armed members of HAMAS present during the protests!" (Unless sticks and stones now count as arms.)
Lying through your teeth "in a believable manner" is a very difficult thing to do, maybe The US government should consider looking for someone who has the capability of actually doing so.
curiosity

Postby BadgerJelly on June 3rd, 2018, 3:22 am 

It is one problem among many in the world. This one gets attention because of history and current tensions. Tamil and dozens of other situations don’t get much global attention because there is no global political strategy to worry about.

Cynical but true. Let us not pretend this is a humanitarian issue, but rather one wrapped in political manipulation on a global scale - no one bats an eyelid when Africa countries and ethic groups go to war and slaughter each other.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby curiosity on June 6th, 2018, 7:38 am 

Cynical but true. Let us not pretend this is a humanitarian issue, but rather one wrapped in political manipulation on a global scale - no one bats an eyelid when Africa countries and ethic groups go to war and slaughter each other.

Yes, through no fault of their own, the peoples of the ME are paying with their lives for the financial strategies of other nations. Unfortunately for them, there is most likely worse to come.

I have (On and off) been following the ongoing situation in Israel/Palestine for many years, but until recently not understood why the US so unconditionally supported the morally bankrupt and murderous regimes, that have ruled the Israelis.
I did eventually and independently work out why the US backs Israel so strongly... Now, even though I don't believe the US really give a damn about Israel, which is merely being used as a pawn in the attempt to spread unrest in the region. I am at least aware of why the US is continuing to back them.

I found this YouTube video which I believe gives a fairly accurate summation of the underlying reasons for the ongoing strife In the region. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dycvvHpGQs

The Road to World War Three - The Petrodollar explained
http://www.youtube.com
The truth about why the US attacked Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and destabilised Syria ... Iran is next Source: http://stormcloudsgathering.com/the-road-to-world-war-3

I can understand why the US is desperate to sustain the Petro-dollar and its status as the worlds reserve currency, but as more and more people around the world begin to understand that the US dollar is barely worth the paper it is printed on, sooner or later something has to give.
curiosity

Postby BadgerJelly on June 6th, 2018, 10:45 am 

Yes, through no fault of their own, the peoples of the ME are paying with their lives for the financial strategies of other nations.

As it has always been and as it will likely continue to be until the governments are consumed by corporate interests entirely - honestly I’m unsure if there as ever a difference?

Africa, Asia and the Americans all suffer due to external greeds and pressures.

Things are getting better over all. Israel will likely envelop Palestine even if borders are drawn to say otherwise. Cultural death/birth will continue and even be dragged back out of the past if people want to do so. What happens with Syria has more weight in local situation.

The scales have to tip at some point. Let’s just hope the death toll is small.
BadgerJelly
Resident Member

Postby Braininvat on June 6th, 2018, 12:15 pm 

I have (On and off) been following the ongoing situation in Israel/Palestine for many years, but until recently not understood why the US so unconditionally supported the morally bankrupt and murderous regimes, that have ruled the Israelis.
I did eventually and independently work out why the US backs Israel so strongly... Now, even though I don't believe the US really give a damn about Israel, which is merely being used as a pawn in the attempt to spread unrest in the region. I am at least aware of why the US is continuing to back them.
The truth about why the US attacked Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and destabilised Syria ... Iran is next Source: http://stormcloudsgathering.com/the-road-to-world-war-3

I can understand why the US is desperate to sustain the Petro-dollar and its status as the worlds reserve currency, but as more and more people around the world begin to understand that the US dollar is barely worth the paper it is printed on, sooner or later something has to give.

The Storm Clouds website linked above has some pretty polemical and conspiracy theoretical stuff, so I ask readers here to research all claims therein and look at and compare with other sources on the petro-dollar and stability of U.S. currencies. I can't say what is correct or incorrect in the cited article, based on my meager knowledge of international finance, but suggest it's possible we had other (equally stupid) reasons for some of our ME military involvements.

I do completely agree that we take much more "humanitarian" interest in nations that float on big reservoirs of petroleum. :-)
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby curiosity on June 6th, 2018, 3:22 pm 

During my rather intermittent yet lengthy research, I recall reading about a warning issued by one of the earlier POTUS, which stated that the US Federal reserve must never be allowed to fall into private hands... As I had never before studied the fiscal aspect of government, I must admit to not understanding the possible consequences of such an event. Now that I do understand, I find it almost incomprehensible that such a thing was ever allowed to happen. What a recipe for disaster... The total wealth of a huge nation, open to any form of manipulation or theft, by a handful of individuals who are unanswerable to even the government of their nation. How can it be, that the POTUS is not allowed to see how much gold is held in the federal reserve of his own country. I realise the gold standard is no longer applicable to the US dollar. but I cant help wondering just how much paper money is in circulation, compared to the value of gold actually held in the reserve. (especially as some of that gold doesn't even belong to the US.)

I had often contemplated how it is that US military spending is so huge, yet the tax bill for the average American remains relatively small, The answer is really quite simple... Printing a few billion dollar bills, or some treasury bonds, doesn't cost the federal reserve much and as long as people perceive this freshly minted fake money/bonds as real, then it can be spent just like real money. Sooner or later however this bubble will burst... Oops. Which nations will still want to pay real money for worthless Petro-dollars then? Once the Petro-yuan is firmly established, will the US be prepared to go to war with both Russia and China in an attempt to resurrect the Petro-dollar? I can only pray that this never happens. Americans have mostly been shielded from the horrors of war, but this would not be the case if things escalated to a point where nukes were in play. "No one can win a nuclear war !!!"

The "butterfly effect" has gone mad... A few greedy unscrupulous bankers in the US, causing the deaths of dozens, plus the wounding of thousands, in Gaza. Its insane, lets hope that sanity prevails and this is as bad as it ever gets.
curiosity

Postby Event Horizon on June 6th, 2018, 9:31 pm 

I think the Israelis have done very nicely trading ISIS oil, stolen antiquities and arms. Peace is unprofitable. This suits The US and UK by giving them leverage over OPEC and even more funding for Israel.
The complete lack of morals is staggering.
Event Horizon

Postby curiosity on June 7th, 2018, 2:34 pm 

The Storm Clouds website linked above has some pretty polemical and conspiracy theoretical stuff, so I ask readers here to research all claims therein and look at and compare with other sources on the petro-dollar and stability of U.S. currencies. I can't say what is correct or incorrect in the cited article, based on my meager knowledge of international finance, but suggest it's possible we had other (equally stupid) reasons for some of our ME military involvements.

The tried and tested form of censorship, known as censorship by omission, is remarkably effective. I wonder just how many US and UK citizens actually know what the Petro-yuan is, or what its ramifications on currencies worldwide and in particular the US dollar will inevitably be.
I can only liken the way US and UK citizens in particular, are treated by our respective governments, to the way mushrooms are farmed... They basically try through "tame" mainstream media, to keep us in the dark and feed us on s##t.
This tactic of governments not mentioning something of extreme importance to us all, then hoping it will slip below the radar of the general public, has succeeded remarkably well in the past, but is getting much harder to do since the arrival of the WWW.
The attempted demonisation of other nations governments which do not agree with the stance of our own governments, is rather pathetic too. As an adult I like to hear both sides of any argument, before forming an opinion, I can now do so, thanks to the WWW. I must add... As I have very little/no confidence in the competence of my own government, I am hardly likely to be swayed by any advice they might, offer me anyway.

As I work unsociable hours I'm now going to bed... goodnight all.
curiosity

Postby Braininvat on June 7th, 2018, 2:57 pm 

This group...

http://projectcensored.org

...has impressed me with their coverage of underreported or ignored news stories.

We really need independent freelance journalists, who aren't getting paychecks from corporate media behemoths.

A sample from their 25 underreported stories of 2017:

http://projectcensored.org/21-fossil-fu ... versities/
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Postby Event Horizon on June 10th, 2018, 8:47 pm 

If you have Twitter, you might like to work down my timeline where I have covered ME conflict concerns and analysis in detail from contacts on the ground. You can find it at @LJ_Brodigan1. It also covers our own military innovations and deployments to some degree. You may want to adopt some of the contacts for yourselves.

Although I criticise the Israeli state and try to combat the Hasbara, you will find I always stand up for genuine Semites whether Jewish or Arab. I am anti-Zionist, but it's political philosophy not religion. Anyone from any religion can be a Zionist, but not everybody can be a Semite. The Zionists try to conflate the two things as it affords them protection by claiming antisemitism falsely but loudly.

The only time I was ever accused of antisemitism was by a young American girl who wasn't a Semite anyway! It's flung around so much, the Zionists risk demeaning real antisemitism which I cannot condone and will not tolerate.

My coverage starts a little before the 51 day war on Gaza by Israel in 2014. Hope it helps.
Event Horizon

Previous

Return to News Discussion Forum