Bless Me ! - Scott Pruitt Gets Recycled

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Bless Me ! - Scott Pruitt Gets Recycled

Postby toucana on July 5th, 2018, 6:49 pm 

Pruitt.jpg
Scott Pruitt - EPA Administrator

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt who was facing a dozen different forms of Federal investigation for corruption, ethics violations, influence peddling, unauthorised expenditure, incompetence, general dereliction of duty, and malicious vandalism with respect to the environment and the entire planet has finally resigned from his job,

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/05/politics/scott-pruitt-epa-resigns/index.html

He penned a resignation letter which probably set an all-comers record for the number of times he declared himself ‘blessed’ to have served under the all-wise Donald Trump.
Here is the entire text of it:
Mr. President, it has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.

That is why is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God’s providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

His deputy Andrew Wheeler will take over.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: Bless Me ! - Scott Pruitt Gets Recycled

Postby Braininvat on July 5th, 2018, 7:33 pm 

Been watching this. Wheeler will be even worse, because he is more effective and disciplined.

The "personal attacks" on him appear to be alert government officials reporting gross violations of law and of professional malfeasance.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Re: Bless Me ! - Scott Pruitt Gets Recycled

Postby Watson on July 5th, 2018, 10:08 pm 

If - facing a dozen different forms of Federal investigation for corruption, ethics violations, influence peddling, unauthorized expenditure, incompetence, general dereliction of duty, and malicious vandalism with respect to the environment - then why is trump not stepping down, push off, or.....

You would think being unqualified would be enough, in either case?
Watson
Resident Member

Location: Earth, middle of the top half, but only briefly each 24 hours.

Return to News Discussion Forum