Trump Calls own SUN Interview Fake News

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Trump Calls own SUN Interview Fake News

Postby toucana on July 13th, 2018, 11:28 am 

Donald Trump has insisted he did not attack British PM Theresa May in a bombshell interview with the Murdoch owned Sun newspaper, in spite of the Sun actually producing an audio recording of him saying the very things he now denies having said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trump-brexit-theresa-may-the-sun-fake-news-us-president-boris-johnson-a8445811.html

Overnight, Mr Trump had tossed a hand grenade into Ms May’s hopes for her Brexit white paper, warning it would “probably kill” hopes of a US-UK trade deal, by keeping Britain tied to the EU.

And he added: “I would have done it much differently. I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn’t agree, she didn’t listen to me.

But at an embarrassingly awkward joint press conference, he rowed back, saying: “Whatever you do is okay with us, just make sure we can trade together, that's all that matters.”

Trump had also added to May’s political difficulties by praising her bitter enemy Boris Johnson who resigned as British foreign secretary just before Trump’s visit, saying he was “a good friend” and hailing him as a “future prime minister”.

The US president had presumably forgotten that Boris Johnson once previously described Trump as being “out of his mind” over the “divisive and wrong” muslim travel ban enacted by Trump back in January 2017, when Boris Johnson was mayor of London.

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-uk-visit-boris-johnson-friends-us-president-foreign-secretary-8443471

Bizarrely, Trump also claimed he had visited Britain the day before the 23 June 2016 Brexit referendum and correctly predicted the Leave vote – even though he actually arrived a day later, as many media sites video documented at the time.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (7)

Return to News Discussion Forum