Nigerian President Denies He Is a Clone

Anyone can post and discuss breaking news that interest them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Nigerian President Denies He Is a Clone

Postby toucana on December 3rd, 2018, 9:01 am 

Nigeria_pr.jpg
President Muhammadu Bihari of Nigeria

The Nigerian president Muhammadu Buhari has denied rumours he died following a period of ill health and was replaced by a Sudanese clone.

https://news.sky.com/story/nigerian-president-muhammadu-buhari-denies-he-died-and-was-replaced-by-clone-11570542

The repeated claims, spread on social media and in YouTube videos, alleged that the Nigerian leader had died and been replaced by an impostor from Sudan named "Jubril".

Muhammadu Buhari addressed the speculation as he met members of the Nigerian community in Poland, where he is attending the UN COP24 climate summit.

"It's the real me, I assure you," he said, answering a question from the audience. "I will soon celebrate my 76th birthday and I will still go strong."

The leader branded those behind the rumours "irreligious" and "ignorant", but said later in a tweet that they were "not surprising"

It comes after Mr Buhari spent a large part of last year being treated for a serious illness in London.

The nature of his ill health has never been revealed to the public.

The lack of detail about the president's condition, his gaunt appearance and a reduction in public appearances have fuelled the rumours.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (8)

Return to News Discussion Forum