TMA-3 Beams Down in Utah

Anyone can post and discuss breaking science news or science-related public policy, that interests them (please respect posting guidelines and be sure to reference properly).
Forum rules
Please be sure to check our forum's Rules & Guidelines

Re: TMA-3 Beams Down in Utah

Postby charon on December 6th, 2020, 11:11 pm 

charon
Resident Member

Postby toucana on December 7th, 2020, 3:01 pm 

Compton Bay was one of the regular summer hangouts of my childhood :-)

It's on the west side of the island with landmark attractions The Needles, and Tennyson Down to the north, and Brook Bay with its submerged petrified stone forests to the south.

It's all owned by the National Trust.
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby charon on December 7th, 2020, 8:50 pm 

I've only been there once but I remember the cliff with all the multi-coloured sands. You could buy bottles of it but I didn't :-)
charon
Resident Member

Postby toucana on December 7th, 2020, 9:19 pm 

Alum Bay is the one with all the particoloured sands (Iron oxide ores). It's located out on Totland point, very close to The Needles (above), not far up the coast from Compton Bay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alum_Bay
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Postby toucana on December 8th, 2020, 10:04 am 

The IOW monolith has now been claimed by a local designer from Fishbourne.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-55227034
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Postby charon on December 8th, 2020, 12:44 pm 

The nice thing about it is they're not screaming it's some kind of an environmental crime and removing it. The council aren't saying 'You've defaced the landscape and you haven't got planning permission!' and all that crazy stuff. On the contrary, they're leaving it right where it is and just keeping an eye on the beach so it doesn't get too crowded.

So nice to see a smile and some common sense. I don't think he intends to leave it there forever anyway.

And I do like the mirror effect. Lovely :-)
charon
Resident Member

Postby toucana on December 8th, 2020, 4:24 pm 

The Isle of Wight is a pretty laid-back place. They say the clocks go back twenty years when you step off the ferry at Cowes :-)
toucana
Chatroom Operator

Postby TheVat on December 8th, 2020, 6:21 pm 

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/myste ... st-1928766

Now you can own a reproduction of the original Red Rocks monolith!

(while supplies last)

Sorry to hear the one at Atascadero, CA was torn down and replaced by a cross by Christian zealots, apparently under the influence of energy drinks and Trumpism. I should probably put Christian in quotes.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... a-mountain
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby Dave_Oblad on December 9th, 2020, 2:50 pm 

Hi everyone.. quick drop by..

This might be the year (2021) of the reveal. On the Stephen Colbert show recently, Stephen interviewed Obama and asked directly: "Do ET Aliens exist?". Obama answered that he couldn't talk about that. Stephen then pointed out that this response was as good as an admission that they do exist, otherwise Obama would have taken the standard government stance of debunking such.

Also, some high ranking security chief in the middle east, on upcoming retirement, has announced that his government and the U.S. have been in communication with "The Galactic Federation" for years now. That the Aliens are waiting for the human race to mature enough to handle their existence.

Seeing that 70+ million people voted for Trump after all we've seen... that we are obviously not ready for a healthy taste of a new reality. Watching these idiot anti-maskers trying to make some far fetched point about personal freedom doesn't give a good impression of humans being ready for such a powerful paradigm shift in how we think.

But just maybe.. what we need is a real jolt about what's going on in the Universe to wake up to a much larger reality than our petty issues and beliefs confine us to. I want to think that we can handle the truth about Alien Existence and embrace such.. but I'm probably just projecting my own thoughts.

Anyway, we do need outside help because we are really blowing it when it comes to taking care of this planet and ourselves.

Be safe and well.. Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby TheVat on December 9th, 2020, 7:13 pm 

Dave_Oblad » December 9th, 2020, 11:50 am wrote:Hi everyone.. quick drop by..

Also, some high ranking security chief in the middle east, on upcoming retirement, has announced that his government and the U.S. have been in communication with "The Galactic Federation" for years now. That the Aliens are waiting for the human race to mature enough to handle their existence.

)

Hi, Dave. I'd be interested (even if it's off-topic) in any link concerning the Middle East official, if you have one.

If aliens are waiting for us to mature, before contact happens, why on earth (npi) would they be talking to our politicians?? :-)
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby Dave_Oblad on December 9th, 2020, 10:44 pm 

Hey Vat... here you go...

In interview with Israel’s Yediot Aharonot newspaper, former head of Israel's Defense Ministry's space directorate Haim Eshed said the U.S. government has been in contact with extraterrestrials from a "galactic federation." NBC News’ Bill Neely reports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuRvdHXuk94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6iE62jovMo

I have to wonder that given first contact with a primitive race (us).. by what criteria can it be decided that said race is ready to accept such a huge change in their world view and personal views. It seems that it would be very unlikely that an entire race can be on the same page when it comes to such change. 30% of America can't handle minor differences in skin color or behavior. What will we do about beings with tentacles?

If said Aliens take too long, we will destroy this planet and ourselves eventually. Not a matter of "if" but rather a matter of "When".

Later... Best regards,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Postby charon on December 10th, 2020, 2:29 am 

I should probably put Christian in quotes.

I went in for an operation some years back. The anaesthetist came to see me beforehand and he said 'Is there anything you're allergic to?' so I said 'Christians' which he seemed to find fairly amusing :-)
charon
Resident Member

Postby charon on December 10th, 2020, 2:32 am 

aliens

There have been tales of this kind of thing from way, way back. I'd be more impressed if they wheeled one out to show us, ready or not.

It's a pity they told you-know-who about it. He probably thinks they only came to see him. But they're perfectly at liberty to whisk him away for experimentation. Sooner the better.
charon
Resident Member

Postby TheVat on December 10th, 2020, 12:19 pm 

Dear Galactic federation: please take more far-Right demagogues, and leave more pretty prisms.

Here's the Jerusalem Post article on the retired security official and his claims of ET contact....

https://www.jpost.com/omg/former-israel ... ady-651405

(aside on Christians: people who follow the precepts of Christ are okay, and I don't put air-quotes around them -- I'm married to one such. But I am not fond of the smug, judgmental, bigoted variety that seem so prevalent nowadays -- they seem utterly out of touch with what Jesus was teaching.)
TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby doogles on December 11th, 2020, 4:52 am 

An alien pandemic is developing.

We've now got one in Adelaide --- https://www.9news.com.au/national/monol ... 222d703ce3
doogles

Postby charon on December 12th, 2020, 7:51 pm 

They're everywhere.
charon
Resident Member

Postby Dave_Oblad on December 13th, 2020, 4:48 am 

My favorite comment posted on the Aliens everywhere: Oh Great.. we build a wall to keep aliens out of America and now we have to build a ceiling too?

Best wishes,
Dave :^)
Dave_Oblad
Resident Member

Postby TheVat on December 26th, 2020, 9:25 pm 

TheVat
Forum Administrator

Postby TheVat on December 26th, 2020, 9:27 pm 

TheVat