Game of thrones Spoiler Thread!

Science fun for all. Science fairs, homemade experiments, amateur microscopy, comics, puzzles, videos, or anything else you'd like to share.

Game of thrones Spoiler Thread!

Postby SciameriKen on May 10th, 2019, 12:20 pm 

Hello all!

Perhaps a bit late - but just thought I'd set up a place to discuss the last couple episodes of game of thrones as they wrap up the show. This thread is started a few days before the start of episode 5 of season 8 -- if you haven't watched the show up to this point and want to keep things a surprise - I suggest moving on now :D

With that being said -- I am up for discussing any part of the show!

Best,
SciameriKen
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Re: GOT

Postby SciameriKen on May 10th, 2019, 12:36 pm 

Well, just to get some conversation going... thought I'd bring up this article:
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a274 ... he-starks/

As an overall theme to season 8 it just seems like the writers are saying -- screw the character arcs! Case in point in the article above - Missandei started in chains and ends in chains - poetic maybe? But what did her character accomplish in the end?

Then we think about the relationship between Jon Snow and the Night king -- many expected considering Jon battled the dead the whole show that he would be the one kill complete his arc by ending the dead... but that honor went to Arya for whom killing the dead is just a hobby.

Anyways... thoughts?
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Re: Game of thrones Spoiler Thread!

Postby Lux Aeterna on July 14th, 2019, 2:21 pm 

Well, I do not know what to say, except the following. I have seen all season 8 and I felt the 3rd part of it was the greatest: The fight between gathered armies against the Night King. After all, it would have been a nice end for the GOT story.
But no: Everything was accumulated and built up in beautiful histories and relations to be wiped out in one second to the other. That was in some way very disappointing for me. I expected more to come. Some of the most protagonist I bit with friends on that they would gain the iron thron were killed - and guess, the iron thron suddenly ceased to exist.
For me, the last to parts of season 8 was the worst HBO could have done to slam a faithful watcher in the face.
Lux Aeterna
Forum Neophyte

Return to Science Fun