double slit and plinko board

For discussions based on raw unfiltered musings which are lacking in supporting peer-reviewed evidence or any connection to previous scholarly works. Critiques may not be for the faint of heart.

double slit and plinko board

Postby tj444 on October 10th, 2018, 2:44 pm 

I have a crazy theory I am not sure to even call it a theory , that certainty incorrect do you mind if I post it in physics instead of personal theories?

https://www.google.com/search?q=plinko+ ... ec8gAw5yAM:

The double slit experiment creates a wave like interference pattern for particles.

At first I thought a wave was created by the particle and that the wave was ahead of the particle. (I can draw a picture if needed.)

But this makes no sense because nothing can go faster than light. How could the wave be in-front of light?

Instead I propose a plinko board pattern. The plinko board pattern is the shape of the field in QFT. The problem is I don't know what the planks in the plinko board are. Planks just refers to the things that stick out that the ball or particle hit.

Speculative but maybe the plinko planks are empty space so the plinko board is like a check pattern where particles can't ever be found or is the plank something else?

Now what about the observer effect. I think higher masses bend the field to make it different shape where particles can go anywhere and be anywhere.

Has the double slit every been tried on bucky balls?
Problems I am 100 percent confused about. Why the field create different shape when not the double slit and why?

I am having trouble visualizing the shape of zero and 1 slit pattern that the planks would needed to be arrange to create that pattern. Can someone?
Any thoughts?

This is probably just nonsense but what is the harm in posting.
tj444

Re: double slit and plinko board

Postby Braininvat on October 10th, 2018, 6:17 pm 

If it's not in PT, or Fringe, the harm is that some impressionable minds may take it to be real science.

Seriously, I do have to put this on Fringe, for now. Will circle back later when have more time.
Braininvat
Forum Administrator

Re: double slit and plinko board

Postby tj444 on October 10th, 2018, 7:15 pm 

This is a perfectly fine category and your reasoning is a good one.
tj444

Return to Fringe theories and speculations