american history according to Republicans.

Reopened October 2019 - includes archived threads from pre-2019

american history according to Republicans.

Postby hyksos on November 21st, 2019, 11:47 pm 

American history according to Republicans.

hyksos

Re: american history according to Republicans.

Postby edy420 on November 22nd, 2019, 1:19 am 

Apart from the white male, Alexander Hamilton's Quote would make sense, except Christianity doesn't mix with non-Christians, nor does it mix with politics.

As a Christian, I love gays, abortionists and even murderers.. just keep those non-Christian lifestyles away from mine and we can all get along :P. We are taught to hate the sin, not the sinner. We offer help to those in need, even sinners, and encourage them to walk with Jesus.

But as soon as Christianity is implemented into politics, its practice contradicts its teachings. Faith should not be forced onto others, it should be encouraged. Our way of life is a journey, and should not be made compulsory, unless your a parent teaching your child. The law of the land, in a democracy should reflect that societies belief.

If a Christian is elected in a democracy, then that's what the people want, at least they know what they are in for. Only straight marriage, abortions outlawed and most importantly, no work on Sundays!
edy420

Postby hyksos on November 23rd, 2019, 6:35 pm 

The founding fathers of the USA had seen deeply Christian kings all over Europe. They knew damned well that being Christian was not nearly an insurance policy against being a corrupt tyrant. They had seen this up-close-and-personal.

They went to the colonies and created a republic with Separation of Powers. Hopefully, through legal means a monarch or king would never even possibly arise again, even if he were the most holy church pastor the world has ever seen. Even if he were Fred Rogers...

Also these quotes are completely fabricated. When I read them out loud to my father, he laughed.
hyksos

Postby Serpent on November 23rd, 2019, 10:05 pm 

They also - at least some of them, had witnessed, or felt the legacy of, religious conflict in Europe. Serious, deadly, devastating conflict between christian and christian. As Englishmen, they had no reason to love the pope! Indeed, anti-Catholic sentiment persisted in the halls of power up until Kennedy - and I'm sure he didn't eradicate every vestige of it.

(and the quotes are funny)
Serpent
Resident Member

Postby SciameriKen on November 27th, 2019, 1:12 pm 

hyksos » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:35 pm wrote:The founding fathers of the USA had seen deeply Christian kings all over Europe. They knew damned well that being Christian was not nearly an insurance policy against being a corrupt tyrant. They had seen this up-close-and-personal.

They went to the colonies and created a republic with Separation of Powers. Hopefully, through legal means a monarch or king would never even possibly arise again, even if he were the most holy church pastor the world has ever seen. Even if he were Fred Rogers...

Also these quotes are completely fabricated. When I read them out loud to my father, he laughed.

I laughed as well... Particularly for what washington had to say...
SciameriKen
Forum Moderator

Return to General News and Politics